Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 186 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #2776
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

so no mixed doubles! I guess she wants to get away from London asap!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #2777
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Thats smart. Its not going to help her. She also has to admit its not luck. She loses almost every close match she's in. She has to play better when it matters. You're up a break in the 2nd, match points. Hold your serve. Its luck when Venus saves match point in the final vs Lindsay in 2005. Thats luck.
When you play Eastbourne & Wimbledon and dont win a match, thats not luck
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #2778
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
so no mixed doubles! I guess she wants to get away from London asap!
? so they got a WC but Caro then chose not to accept? ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #2779
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I didn't have the opportunity to watch the match live so I just watched a recording. I feel depressed.

I think Caroline did play very well in patches, but she can't put the final nail in an opponents coffin anymore. I applaud her effort, she definitely faught her heart out, but once again it was not enough to get the win. I think it's safe to say that this year has been a total disaster so far.
It's frustrating but the new reality is that she doesn't win close matches. As others have pointed out if a set is 4-4 or 5-5 you just expect her to lose the set and hope that she does better in the next one. That's not pessimism either it's what we have seen over and over from her for a year now. For whatever reason she just can't win close games/sets/matches like she once did and you can count on her to lose her serve repeatedly when things get close. Until she proves that she is capable of taking control of close matches I think we all need to accept that the old Caroline is gone and the new Caroline is very much an inferior tennis player. This isn't a brief dip in form or a question of adjusting to a different surface, it is over a year of poor play and poor results.

If you want a tiny bit of optimism you can look at her serve and say that if she can fix it so many of her problems will disappear and she will be a much, much better player but I think it is valid to question if she is capable of fixing her serve. Going back at least as far as the 2011 Australian Open semi-final she has to have been aware of what a huge weakness her serve is. That's well over a year ago and it is arguably more of a weakness now than it has ever been. At the very least there are signs that she is serious about fixing her serve but can she do it and if so how long will it take?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #2780
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Who knows... Not much point after they missed out on the Olympic WC... TJ suggested she go and take a well earned extended break and forget about tennis completely for a while. SHe has trained really hard and needs a recharge.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #2781
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
It's frustrating but the new reality is that she doesn't win close matches. As others have pointed out if a set is 4-4 or 5-5 you just expect her to lose the set and hope that she does better in the next one. That's not pessimism either it's what we have seen over and over from her for a year now. For whatever reason she just can't win close games/sets/matches like she once did and you can count on her to lose her serve repeatedly when things get close. Until she proves that she is capable of taking control of close matches I think we all need to accept that the old Caroline is gone and the new Caroline is very much an inferior tennis player. This isn't a brief dip in form or a question of adjusting to a different surface, it is over a year of poor play and poor results.

If you want a tiny bit of optimism you can look at her serve and say that if she can fix it so many of her problems will disappear and she will be a much, much better player but I think it is valid to question if she is capable of fixing her serve. Going back at least as far as the 2011 Australian Open semi-final she has to have been aware of what a huge weakness her serve is. That's well over a year ago and it is arguably more of a weakness now than it has ever been. At the very least there are signs that she is serious about fixing her serve but can she do it and if so how long will it take?
Please, enough with the hysterics. Any player can suffer a drop in form and as such confidence. Ducks have been in sport as long as there has been sport, and once broken all is forgotten. There are plenty of positive signs if your not blind or too blinkered to see them. Sorting out the stick is a long overdue improvement that undoubtedly help the down turn in form among other things. Did anyone actually watch the damn match? The play is there, but the confidence is still missing for now.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #2782
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is probably a good week for her to take a vacation.
But she had better be ready for the day after she loses at The Olympics.
Then its hardcourt season & her year starts

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #2783
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This is probably a good week for her to take a vacation.
But she had better be ready for the day after she loses at The Olympic.
Then its hardcourt season & her year starts
Is there such a huge difference in her prep for the olympics as opposed to Hard? I assume reworking the serve, racquet and FH etc will go on irrespective of surface...
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #2784
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This was actually one of the best matches that Caroline played but lost. You don't get any cigars for that though. I would rather have had that she had played poorly but won.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #2785
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Personally, I'm disappointed if that's true. This would have been a good chance to have some fun with tennis again plus doubles could help her improve her game.

There's no shame in staying around and playing doubles, other players do that as well, even Venus Williams.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #2786
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
This was actually one of the best matches that Caroline played but lost. You don't get any cigars for that though. I would rather have had that she had played poorly but won.
She played well in parts. But she was up a break all 3 sets and gave it right back.
I said after the 3rd game, she gave the break away with sloppy errors, which is her norm now.
Better matches are when she gets a break and makes it mean something. As long as opponents can get their break right back and beat Caro, its not that good

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #2787
country flag Burisleif

Official reason given for mixed doubles withdrawal is a thigh strain...
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #2788
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I think Caro played a really good match today ( one of her best matches this season), just some errors and passive play at key moments cost her the match! She needs to find her mental toughness again and I believe she'll start winning again these kind of matches, oh, a little luck wouldn't hurt either, of course!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #2789
country flag goldenlox

Quote:

Yeah, its a new reality for Caro. This was the only match being played during the rain. Its a 1st round match, she has match points. Then she lost to a player casual fans never heard of
It could get embarrassing for Caroline to be losing in round 1 or 2 of majors, if this keeps up.

She has to try to improve, but there's also the reality of her results, where she rarely gets past the early rounds.
Its going to take some tough skin if this keeps up, and it might stay like this, or even get worse

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #2790
country flag tbx59

tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice tbx59 is just really nice

Rory flames out of the US Open, she flames out of Wimbledon - coincidence, probably not
tbx59 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread