Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 184 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #2746
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Mental side is the most important. Ivanovic seems brittle, as soon as something goes wrong she folds.
Caroline is in that area, where she folds when her opponent doesnt give her the match
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #2747
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Caro's game has always been in change though. Today we saw more of a balanced USO 2009 aggression after a long spell of ever increasingly defensive play. The loss of pop with the new stick, combined with the huge pressure that the media threw at her was the final nail in the coffin. Caro was never afraid to use the weapons she had in the past, and until recently she has been reaching for them only to find them missing... I think the direction is right, and I hope Johansson finally sorts out the tools and helps her on the mental side too.
Meh, media pressue? Media can be only annoying but they are so clueless that they hardly would cause any pressure. Maybe in the past she made changes but with better timing.

The change of tension was a big change so I guess that could need more time to adjust than she allowed herself.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #2748
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think she does care about her game.

Why get a new coach if she didn't care?

Why change the strings on her racquet if she didn't care?

Why would she look so pissed off after losing the second set if she didn't care?

I think she does care. The problem is that her game isn't there right now which has to be frustrating.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #2749
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Meh, media pressue? Media can be only annoying but they are so clueless that they hardly would cause any pressure. Maybe in the past she made changes but with better timing.

The change of tension was a big change so I guess that could need more time to adjust than she allowed herself.
Yes Media pressure, i.e endless pressers, events, etc, Not just the attention of being number one and the slam.

You do realise that that was an awesome match we saw today? One of the very best wimbledon encounters in a long time... A bit more confidence to keep rolling after the fight backs and when ahead she would be smiling now. That's despite huge changes to what has obviously been a wrong direction with the new stick until now.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #2750
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

When she went off with Rory to the horse races then off to Ireland for Rugby, I knew that was trouble. That was right before the clay season.

She has to dedicate herself to saving her career, because these downward spirals dont end pretty.
The other players dont feel sorry for her. They want to beat her also

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2751
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Best thing she can do is point for hardcourt. Of course try your best at the Olympics, but if hardcourt is more this, where she has trouble winning a round 1 match. Then its big big trouble.

I would be giving total focus on that first hardcourt tournament, wanting to turn things around before this year ends
Along those lines, I was wondering if Caro should play one of the upcoming pre-Olympic hard court tournaments.

To be fair this was probably the 3rd worst possible draw for the 1st round (Kim and Venus being the worst).
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #2752
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes Media pressure, i.e endless pressers, events, etc, Not just the attention of being number one and the slam.

You do realise that that was an awesome match we saw today? One of the very best wimbledon encounters in a long time... A bit more confidence to keep rolling after the fight backs and when ahead she would be smiling now. That's despite huge changes to what has obviously been a wrong direction with the new stick until now.
I don't I only saw the last bit of it when she was losing
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #2753
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Along those lines, I was wondering if Caro should play one of the upcoming pre-Olympic hard court tournaments.

To be fair this was probably the 3rd worst possible draw for the 1st round (Kim and Venus being the worst).
I think she needs to face an Int'l field on hardcourt.
But if she just uses this time to work on her serve and groundies & watch tape, thats probably just as good.
This is mental. She can still win some nice points, but she won only 2 of her last 7 matches, and they were against struggling players who would lose to anyone

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #2754
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I don't I only saw the last bit of it when she was losing
Bummer... when she wasn't nervous she was splendid... Slow start but came out on fire after the rain break.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #2755
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever happened to the mixed? Did they get in now or not?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #2756
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Whatever happened to the mixed? Did they get in now or not?
Not the olympics, not sure re wimbledon.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #2757
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I floated that idea a few days ago, I still think it would be a good idea. She needs some good results to overcome her mental issues and hardcourt is simply the most likely surface to deliver that.

Of course a back and forth wouldn't be ideal for the Olympics but who are we kidding, she won't be doing much there save for a complete miracle.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #2758
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not the olympics, not sure re wimbledon.
They got a wc for Wimbledon
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #2759
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Great! Playing with Freddie will hopefully help her get past the disappointment.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #2760
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
I bet she is delighted about that after today...
Closed Thread