Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 183 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #2731
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Caro played very well in some parts of the match but since the middle of the 2nd set she became too passive. It's like when she is close to winning the match she gets nervous and can't play like she was playing before
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #2732
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know how to analyze this anymore. Its always the same match, and its happening in round 1 now. Used to be deeper in tournaments when she fell off
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #2733
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yup, what happened happened. It'll be interesting to see how she'll be developing her game from now on. I think that this season she has got quite a few hints that aggressive playing style is not really the way forward to win big matches in her case.
Hands up who thinks that she should switched back to being a counterpuncher as in the old days?
I think the current direction is fine. The changes being made are long overdue, and far from radical. The key thing now is rebuilding confidence in her shots, and confidence to press on when ahead. There were times in the match that Caro looked unbeatable except by herself, which is largely what happened today.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #2734
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like she should stay with the plan of adding more aggression to her game. Even if it means more early round losses for awhile. If she stays committed to her new training, I think it will make life easier in the long run and she will always be a great defensive player so to become more like a defense/offense Kim Clijsters type of player could be lucrative and possible I think. If she was in her late 20's then maybe not but she's still young and, I think, determined enough to work herself into those changes successfully with time. It's mainly her mental approach. If she sees a really short serve, be ready to take the extra steps in and hit a winner. Don't let your opponent off the hook if you can help it. The shift may have not worked for other players in the past but I think Caro can do it and still hold onto the best aspects of her older game.

W
ozniacki - Stephens - Halep
Townsend - Stosur - Kvitova
Isner - Wawrinka - Sock - Berdych - Raonic

Bonfire is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #2735
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martn7 View Post
Caro played very well in some parts of the match but since the middle of the 2nd set she became too passive. It's like when she is close to winning the match she gets nervous and can't play like she was playing before
Fortunately that can be fixed.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #2736
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Fortunately that can be fixed.
I wouldn't count that as a given...mental issues can be very tough to fix, especially if you don't know the root.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #2737
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think its a tough road back.
And I know when she wins a round 1 match people will be jimping up & down, because compared to the last month it seems like progress.

But she is a long way from where she was.
Now Caroline is a seed everyone wants in their draw.

She is going to have to scratch & claw & fight for everything. The way she makes loose errors in clutch spots, I dont know how she ever stops that. She suddenly became an error machine in crunch time
Jankovic & Ivanovic never got close to getting back.

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #2738
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wouldn't count that as a given...mental issues can be very tough to fix, especially if you don't know the root.
I will count on it... Thanks.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #2739
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, why can they break back? Because she makes errors on big points. Before she did not hit so close to the lines which prevented this kind of situations.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #2740
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

That's all I got to say.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #2741
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Which old days? Like what period of time you referring to?

During her hot streak Caro had a good balance of offense and defense I think. Before that I think she was a bit too much on the defensive side of things.

Caro played more or less like the old pre-hot streak Caro at New Haven and the US Open last year.
Well what do you think? The period when she was no.1 and was having a winning streak.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #2742
country flag goldenlox

Best thing she can do is point for hardcourt. Of course try your best at the Olympics, but if hardcourt is more this, where she has trouble winning a round 1 match. Then its big big trouble.

I would be giving total focus on that first hardcourt tournament, wanting to turn things around before this year ends

Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #2743
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Had you asked 3 month ago, I would say 'yes'. But I don't think it's an option any longer. Going back will now likely take even longer time than (hopefully and fingers crossed) she'll become more solid with the more aggressive approach.

I think the analogy with sitting between two chairs is a good one.

Edit : The risk I see - and this is obviously a personal view - is, that there is so far over to the next chair, Caroline will just give up and hang up the racket. God knows how long time she'll give it, but I doubt she'll continue playing say a year from year, if the next 12 month are as dire as the last 12.

As much as I dislike Sharapova, I am not entirely sure Caroline is at her level what hunger for winning and desire to become better, is concerned.
She was used to winning so this season is definitely hard for her. I think that she wont hung up her racket anytime soon though. She has a lot of sponsorship deals and this is also a job for her,so...

I think she wants to improve but I still believe they are trying to make her something she will never be. Her slump has almost acquired Ivanovic-esque proportions. What prompted Ana's slump? Changes!
She herself said that she was told she needs to adjust the way she plays and other things in her preparation as well. And then things slowly started to come apart for her. Having said that, Ana's approach is to blame too and I think Caroline is not destined to go the same road.
However, they both changed what was working and slump is the price.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #2744
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She has a lot of sponsorship deals and this is also a job for her,so...

That's not enough though, this kind of thinking gets you nowhere. The day she starts playing only because she's contractually obligated is the day her career is over.... you have to want it, money isn't enough motivation, especially if you already have a gigantic pile.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #2745
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
She was used to winning so this season is definitely hard for her. I think that she wont hung up her racket anytime soon though. She has a lot of sponsorship deals and this is also a job for her,so...

I think she wants to improve but I still believe they are trying to make her something she will never be. Her slump has almost acquired Ivanovic-esque proportions. What prompted Ana's slump? Changes!
She herself said that she was told she needs to adjust the way she plays and other things in her preparation as well. And then things slowly started to come apart for her. Having said that, Ana's approach is to blame too and I think Caroline is not destined to go the same road.
However, they both changed what was working and slump is the price.
Caro's game has always been in change though. Today we saw more of a balanced USO 2009 aggression after a long spell of ever increasingly defensive play. The loss of pop with the new stick, combined with the huge pressure that the media threw at her was the final nail in the coffin. Caro was never afraid to use the weapons she had in the past, and until recently she has been reaching for them only to find them missing... I think the direction is right, and I hope Johansson finally sorts out the tools and helps her on the mental side too.
Closed Thread