Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 182 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #2716
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Oh dear, advantage for Paszek then.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #2717
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Oh dear, advantage for Paszek then.
How so?

I don't think fatigue would have been an issue if that's what you're referring to. She's already had 2 days off to recover which should be plenty enough time.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #2718
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold

If it's true that Caro has a cold, it might be good for her because she has more time to recover
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #2719
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

It has to be said that if the AELTC can't get the 16 matches from the top 8 seeds knocked out on the two show courts on time, thats pretty feeble.
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #2720
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martn7 View Post
It has started raining so I think Caro won't play today
It's stop start drizzle, Always possible that her match is draged over to CC.
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #2721
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
It's stop start drizzle, Always possible that her match is draged over to CC.
Is there any sort of dry season in England,even a brief period when the rain is relatively scarce(asking sincerely here)??...As you suggested,Caroline is enough of a big shot that she should be considered for the roofed court

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #2722
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Is there any sort of dry season in England,even a brief period when the rain is relatively scarce(asking sincerely here)??...As you suggested,Caroline is enough of a big shot that she should be considered for the roofed court
They keep the schedule light on CC and No.1 in order to drag over matches if needed afaik.

English weather goes in cycles not unlike El Niño. Overall this current completely unpredictable and washed out weather is normal English summer weather, having come off a spell of relatively stable dry summers.
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #2723
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Tough opening round for Caro. If Caro should get past Paszek, I actually like her potential draw for the 2nd and 3rd round.

Good luck Caro.
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #2724
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Caro and Freddie Løchte Nielsen have applied to play mixed dubs at Wimbledon. They'll find out tomorrow if they can. If not, they'll try for a wild card. I think it's extra insurance for Caro, who wants to get as much tournament experience as possible with her new stringing and serve.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #2725
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline lost 1st round at Eastbourne and Wimbledon.
Lost 5 of her last 7 matches. Only 5 wins since before clay season started.

But she wasnt winning Wimbledon anyway. They have a long rebuilding road ahead. And I think she should work on hardcourt. Its a long term project, I dont expect a good Olympic result.

Is she playing mixed? I think she should go where there's good weather and practice on hardcourt
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #2726
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, what happened happened. It'll be interesting to see how she'll be developing her game from now on. I think that this season she has got quite a few hints that aggressive playing style is not really the way forward to win big matches in her case.
Hands up who thinks that she should switched back to being a counterpuncher as in the old days?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #2727
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Hands up who thinks that she should switched back to being a counterpuncher as in the old days?
I think that's not an option, she can't. If she could she would have sometime during the dire past 10-12 months.

Like I said earlier today, she's sitting between chairs right now. She's abandoned her old game and can't go back and she hasn't found her new one yet. Pair that up with mental weakness and you get what we`re dealing with now...

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #2728
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I actually liked a lot of what she did today.
Except she was up a break all 3 sets and gave them right back.
To me, thats the decider. Everyone knows if they get broken, they can break Caro right back.

This match was the only match being played & Caroline is #1 worldwide trend on twitter for a while now.

I think its a long road back and if she can do it, its going to be done hardcourt. If there's a comeback at all. This is more than a year now. This will not be easy, and if she won a round 1 match, it doesnt change anything.
Until she can hold her serve in pressure situations, this will never end
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #2729
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Had you asked 3 month ago, I would say 'yes'. But I don't think it's an option any longer. Going back will now likely take even longer time than (hopefully and fingers crossed) she'll become more solid with the more aggressive approach.

I think the analogy with sitting between two chairs is a good one.

Edit : The risk I see - and this is obviously a personal view - is, that there is so far over to the next chair, Caroline will just give up and hang up the racket. God knows how long time she'll give it, but I doubt she'll continue playing say a year from year, if the next 12 month are as dire as the last 12.

As much as I dislike Sharapova, I am not entirely sure Caroline is at her level what hunger for winning and desire to become better, is concerned.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #2730
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Yup, what happened happened. It'll be interesting to see how she'll be developing her game from now on. I think that this season she has got quite a few hints that aggressive playing style is not really the way forward to win big matches in her case.
Which old days? Like what period of time you referring to?

During her hot streak Caro had a good balance of offense and defense I think. Before that I think she was a bit too much on the defensive side of things.

Caro played more or less like the old pre-hot streak Caro at New Haven and the US Open last year.
Closed Thread