Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 181 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #2701
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I've said all along that if she is making changes, do it now. She never won more than 3 matches at any Wimbledon, so get this stuff settled before hardcourt season.

But ultimately, she has to play better at the key moments. She got to 4-4 with the racket/strings/mechanics she was using. You either close or you lose, and she's been losing to a lot of players who will never be #1 or win a major
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #2702
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Don't know if it's the right thread but here is link to the schedule for Mondays matches in Wimby:

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score..._schedule8.pdf
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #2703
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Since I watched Goerges beat Caroline in Dubai I thought Caroline should be trying different racket/strings. So I'm glad she's doing this. Its never a panacea. She plays well enough to get to 4-4 with the old string tension. No matter what the tension, she has to play well and hold her serve.

But this certainly makes her round 1 match wild. Paszek just beat Kerber & Bartoli, and Caroline lost 4 of her last 6 matches & uses a different string tension.
Bring it on!

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #2704
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also glad if she's finally changed her strings/racket/weight or whatever. Watching her last few matches, it's been quite clear that she's lacking power/weight on her shots. It's frustrating, a lot of times she sets up well the point but she can't put the ball away. Hopefully this will help her finish off points. I don't want her to blast winners from every shot, that's not her game but she needs to be able to hit a winner from a puff/short ball.

Her first round should be a good test, I just hope she doesn't end up losing a tight 3 setter once again.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #2705
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

jimmyboejgaard Jimmy Boejgaard
Wozniacki/Løchte forsøger at komme ind i mixdouble... Chancerne er gode... #wimdk

Quote:
Translation
Wozniacki / Løchte trying to get into the mix double ... Chances are good ... #wimdk

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #2706
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, that's great news

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #2707
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

At the 2011 Wimbledon, some mixed teams got in with worse combined ranking than Caro/Nielsen of 2012, if I'm not mistaken. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #2708
country flag Martn7

Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of

Good news that Caro wants to play mixed doubles, it could help her to improve some parts of her game and enjoy the matches
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #2709
country flag goldenlox

Last match on Court2? Giving Paszek as much recovery time as possible. How's the weather tomorrow?

Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #2710
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Last match on Court2? Giving Paszek as much recovery time as possible. How's the weather tomorrow?
Cool, mostly cloudy, and a very small chance of drizzle late in the day.
Old Jun 25th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #2711
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

chrisbrownsport
Stood near Caroline Wozniacki earlier, she was sneezing & had a red nose. Could be hay fever but if it's a cold she may struggle tomorrow.
1h

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #2712
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
chrisbrownsport
Stood near Caroline Wozniacki earlier, she was sneezing & had a red nose. Could be hay fever but if it's a cold she may struggle tomorrow.
1h
Argh. Why does Caro keep having these illnesses and injuries this year? Has all the matches she's played the past couple of years cought up?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #2713
country flag CWTennis

markalannixon
RT @jimmyboejgaard: Rumours of Caro's "illness" exaggerated and distorted. She's fine and ready to go. #wimdk

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #2714
country flag goldenlox

Might not get to play tonight

@christophclarey
"Enjoy your day but keep your fingers crossed," announces #Wimbledon public address speaker....Rain forecast for 2 pm

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #2715
country flag Martn7

Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of

It has started raining so I think Caro won't play today