Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 180 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 04:14 PM   #2686
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Same here. First round loss is what helps every player, sure.
She said she is not worried by the ranking and I believe her. She's a top player,still, so there is no reason for her to get worried. Even top 20 is a great place to be in such a competitive sport.
It's a great place to be in if the year previously you were top 40. I don't think it's where you want to be if six months earlier you were the number one ranked player in the world.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM   #2687
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She hasnt won a title in 10 months, but was holding 9 titles going into Wimbledon last year.When she went to Bastad, she had a real chance to be holding 10 titles going into the USO series less than a year ago.This is not a quick fix. If it was easy, she would have fixed it already. Like with Jankovic & Ivanovic, we might have to accept that she just cant do it anymore.Whatever the true reason, and we only make guesses, its possible she doesnt get back to a solid top 5 player. Its very hard to get there & very hard to stay there.So expect a bumpy ride. It looks like she has a tough road ahead of her.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 04:34 PM   #2688
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Oh come on! She was #1 at the beginning of the year, if anybody had told us she would be in danger of dropping out of the Top 10 just six months later nobody would have believed it.

Lowering the standards endlessly is not going to help her, some things just can't be tweaked into something positive. She has the game to easily stay in the top 10 and dropping out of it would be a disaster and certainly not "a great place to be in". Next you'll tell us that she's doing awesome as long as she doesn't have to play the Qs of each tournament
Balderdash, and missing the point entirely again. How shocking that a top player wouldn't be at the pinikle of the rankings because it isn't their current priority! Never happened before...

Bitch, moan, chastise and troll. Anything that isn't a problem with Caroline and her choices in your magnanimous opinion?
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM   #2689
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Balderdash, and missing the point entirely again. How shocking that a top player wouldn't be at the pinikle of the rankings because it isn't their current priority! Never happened before...

Bitch, moan, chastise and troll. Anything that isn't a problem with Caroline and her choices in your magnanimous opinion?
The only thing you seem to be doing in here nowadays is attacking people. Kind of sad..

Anyways, where do I criticize her or her choices here? I'm very sure she doesn't think that the Top 20 is a "great place to be in", if she had such ridiculous low standards she would have never gotten to where she was. You entirely missed the point, none of what I said was even directed at her but at the few users in here who are in denial and try to see the silver lining in absolutely everything.

She isn't at the top of the ranking because it's not her current priority? Oh dear....

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:16 PM   #2690
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The only thing you seem to be doing in here nowadays is attacking people. Kind of sad..
Still peddling the victim line with me as an ogre... I didn't work when i first called you out, and it isn't going to work any better now. You're a troll. Don't expect anything but being treated as one from me.

Quote:
Anyways, where do I criticize her or her choices here? I'm very sure she doesn't think that the Top 20 is a "great place to be in", if she had such ridiculous low standards she would have never gotten to where she was. You entirely missed the point, none of what I said was even directed at her but at the few users in here who are in denial and try to see the silver lining in absolutely everything.

She isn't at the top of the ranking because it's not her current priority? Oh dear....
When don't you criticise her, her father, her choices, her game, her looks, attire, hair?

When ranking isn't the priority but your game and or any changes, transitions needed is, then yes it really doesn't matter what the hell your ranking is. It's irrelevant right now. get it?

And yes Jimmy, I'm fully aware you were having a go at other users here... It's what you do, always have done, and will continue to do, be it directly, or via irrelevant critique of Caroline, her team, partner, looks, etc. etc.
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2691
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post

When don't you criticise her, her father, her choices, her game, her looks, attire, hair?
First off, I`ve never criticized her looks, you`r talking out of your ass.

That's the problem with you, according to you everyone who doesn't 100% agree with everything she does is a troll according to you. We`re not allowed to criticize her game, Piotr or anything else. Anybody who disagree with anything she does is a traitor according to you. That's not how being a fan works, you don't have to be a mindless robot who laps everything up. If she does good I'm the first to praise her and if she plays like crap then it's legit to talk about her playing like crap.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if you`re a paid shill for somebody/thing connected to her because you`re completely unable to deal with any type of criticism directed at her.

And as far as you talking down on my goes, I really don't think you`re in a position of telling me I'm less of a fan. I'm in here every day supporting her, even in GM. All you do is come in every few days and pick fights with people, bringing the mood down for everyone. The only person in here who behaves like a troll is you but you`re too smug to even notice it.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:04 PM   #2692
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
First off, I`ve never criticized her looks, you`r talking out of your ass.

That's the problem with you, according to you everyone who doesn't 100% agree with everything she does is a troll according to you. We`re not allowed to criticize her game, Piotr or anything else. Anybody who disagree with anything she does is a traitor according to you. That's not how being a fan works, you don't have to be a mindless robot who laps everything up. If she does good I'm the first to praise her and if she plays like crap then it's legit to talk about her playing like crap.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if you`re a paid shill for somebody/thing connected to her because you`re completely unable to deal with any type of criticism directed at her.

And as far as you talking down on my goes, I really don't think you`re in a position of telling me I'm less of a fan. I'm in here every day supporting her, even in GM. All you do is come in every few days and pick fights with people, bringing the mood down for everyone. The only person in here who behaves like a troll is you but you`re too smug to even notice it.
Pure comedy gold Fudmeister48.

Remind me how you supported her in GM today?

Lets recap... You attacked a fellow forum member. You criticised her dad again (based on an unsubstantiated tweet without context) both here and in GM, and had a pop at her hair. #tirelesshero

I guess I'm completely out of touch as to what a fan is supposed to do... I'll brush up my skills on how to:

piss off other fans, throw tantrums, bully other users, slag off my favourite and all her choices (in a way that at least seems valid to myself), generally make sure the discussion takes on a generally negative and contrary slant, and attack anyone that sees though my postulating with proactive negative slurs (in the honest belief that the other users aren't clued up on the technique) and in a twist of irony spread the word that posting balderdash and hysteria is far more beneficial to a tennis community than letting posters who actually have a clue contribute unmolested...

Silly me for thinking you were trolling.
You have my sincerest apologies.
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:17 PM   #2693
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

I'm sorry, my time is too valuable to reply to this any longer. You can use fancy words all you want, you`re the only troll in here... have fun feeling superior

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:35 PM   #2694
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
I saw that. Thomas J. has been alone on court with her the last couple of days. I don't let myself be bothered by hysterical njaa njaa post.
Manixdk, Any word on the expected duration of the collaboration your end? Commentary in the UK was at pains to point out that to their understanding it was a grass season only agreement for now, which doesn't tally with what i had read elsewhere.
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM   #2695
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's a great place to be in if the year previously you were top 40. I don't think it's where you want to be if six months earlier you were the number one ranked player in the world.
This is exactly what I was trying to say in the post immediately above yours. You seem to have summed it up much better than I did while using a fraction of the words.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:05 PM   #2696
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2012, 11:21 PM   #2697
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yes, but if he keeps predicting great things for her while she keeps losing he'll end up looking like comical Ali. Having said that, I seriously doubt that Piotr has said that his daughter will win Wimbledon. Anyone can take a picture of him with a glass of champagne and add some text underneath.
Well I 100% agree with the second sentence. But you seem to be criticising his Madrid comment. So let me further explain why I find absolutely nothing wrong with his "If you ask me I think she'll win Madrid" comment.

Let me illustrate it this way with some other examples. You see an outright underdog side in a football match coming up. A reporter mingles amongst the crowd of supporters having a good time, asks some of them who's going to win and they say the underdog team with a cheer. Or they get some player at a sport or a game on TV. And in the audience is the player's proud Mum. They ask her a question and she says she is so proud and then ask her who is going to win and she says her son will.

Piotr was making the comment about winning Madrid as an off the cuff comment, and also as a father he knew from experience how often Caro had proved everyone wrong and won when no-one gave her a chance. I don't buy his "prediction" was a considered view as a coach and anything more a "prediction" than in the above examples I gave. Where a proud Mum answers her son will win - should we criticise her words because it adds pressure on her son . Same with the underdog team with fans saying they'll win.

Of course Piotr is involved in coaching as well as being a father. But I think here on Caro's boards - we should be able to usually tell when he's saying something based on coaching or saying it as support as a father where we shouldn't take his "prediction" too seriously and crucify him when she doesn't win.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Jun 23rd, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #2698
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

It was discussed in the "Articles and Interviews" thread a couple of weeks ago whether Thomas Högstedt had worked with Caro, and I mentioned there was some video of the two practicing in Farum 2010. I'm not sure anyone cares anymore but I finally had a chance to look at my old harddisk to see if there were any such video clips. And I found a TV2 clip from one of their evening studio broadcast during the CPH WTA. I cannot be bothered to upload it, so I found another (completely different) online clip instead:

http://lokalavisen.dk/section/xweb-tv&id=4597

And here is a screencapture from the TV2 clip:

Högstedt, Li Na's coach at the time, was asked whether he wanted Li Na or Caro to win. "It's very difficult, because I worked a lot with Caroline when she was 15".
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #2699
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking over Caroline's results for the whole 9 month hardcourt season. Starting with a close loss to Vinci (Caro led 51 in set 2) to 64 in the 3rd to Sharapova in a Miami SF.
So many of these losses were so close. Only the Ivanovic match at IW was subpar play.
Its mostly just not getting in a good 1st serve or making unforced forehand errors in the big moments.
I dont know why she went from a good player in big moments to a struggling player, but that has to change.
Other wise she's in all these matches that she lost. But this whole sport is fighting thru close matches. She has to figure out how to do that again.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #2700
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

With a 6 kg change in her stringing I imagine we'll see Caro hit more errors than she used to but hopefully she'll hit more winners, too.
One of Caro's big mental problems is that come crunch time she has a tendency to go for the safe shot rather the best shot, so even if she has learned to hit the right shot it doesn't help if she choses not to go for it. A change in stringing is different, though, she can't run away from that. Even if she loses heart in the last split second and wishes she could hit her 'old' shot, she can't, because she's not playing with her old strings anymore.