Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 178 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:38 AM   #2656
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Hm, that's a tough first round, more difficult than the potential R2 & R3 matches imo.

She most likely not even going to get there but I don't like that Vika is in her quarter, I really don't want these two to play each other any time soon. Getting thrashed by her best friend could be a very frustrating experience for Caro.
If she loses round 1 of Eastbourne, Wimbledon & Olympics, it doesnt matter. She wasnt going to win anyway. If she got to Vika, that would be a huge success no matter what the score.

I think the most important thing is that she's ready for the hardcourt season and wins every match she can. I can see this kind of uneven play go on for years, like Jankovic.
She has to start fighting and using the tools she has, like the old days.
So I want hard draws on grass. I want her & her team to know exactly where they are
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #2657
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold

Caro's draw is pretty good (even though Paszek is having good results on grass) but she isn't taking advantange of good draws in her last tournaments, so my expectations aren't very high
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM   #2658
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

After losing her 1R matches in Nottinghan and Birmingham, Paszek seems to have shaken off her grass rust. In Eastbourne she has beaten Hantuchova, Pironkova and Bartoli to make it to the final (where she'll face Kerber)! Last year she reached QF at Wimbledon before losing to Azarenka.
I think there's a 50/50 chance of Caro losing.
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 04:32 PM   #2659
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
[7] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Alize Cornet (FRA) v Nina Bratchikova (RUS)
Greta Arn (HUN) v Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ)
Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) v [32] Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)

[21] Roberta Vinci (ITA) v [WC] Ashleigh Barty (AUS)
Urszula Radwanska (POL) v Marina Erakovic (NZL)
[Q] Mirjana Lucic (CRO) v Alexandra Panova (RUS)
Casey Dellacqua (AUS) v [9] Marion Bartoli (FRA)

[14] Ana Ivanovic (SRB) v Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP)
Kimiko Date-Krumm (JPN) v Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR)
Anastasiya Yakimova (BLR) v Mandy Minella (LUX)
Shahar Peer (ISR) v [22] Julia Goerges (GER)

[26] Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) v Simona Halep (ROU)
[Q] Jana Cepelova (SVK) v [Q] Kristina Mladenovic (FRA)
Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) v Romina Oprandi (SUI)
Irina Falconi (USA) v [2] Victoria Azarenka (BLR)
It's not a bad draw. Paszek is good on grass and with things being as they are with Caro a quite tricky opponent, but really - 12 months ago we would have considered this a more or less routine match for Caroline. But reaching the fourth round here (Bartoli) or even the QF (Vika) is not mission impossible. It's not the best possible draw, but by no means the worst either. Let's just say that she at least has a fighting chance to do well. Come on sweetie! Give us something to cheer about this time!

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM   #2660
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

The good thing about Paszek is that she doesn't have the FH power to hit through Caro from the baseline like Kanepi and McHale did. She's more about placement and angles than power. But it won't be easy for Caro to hit through her, either. TP has a solid defense when the attacker isn't too powerful - like Caro - and hits very good passing shots. Her greatest weakness is a soft serve, but Caro hasn't shown too much in the way of sharp returning lately. She needs to up that part of her game if she's going to win.
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 06:37 PM   #2661
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's not a bad draw. Paszek is good on grass and with things being as they are with Caro a quite tricky opponent, but really - 12 months ago we would have considered this a more or less routine match for Caroline. But reaching the fourth round here (Bartoli) or even the QF (Vika) is not mission impossible. It's not the best possible draw, but by no means the worst either. Let's just say that she at least has a fighting chance to do well. Come on sweetie! Give us something to cheer about this time!
I dunno about that. I think this would have been considered a tricky match at Wimbledon last year (on hard court probably not though).

Even when Caro was in a lot better form she still couldn't make it past the 4th round of Wimbledon.

Last edited by Protoss : Jun 22nd, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #2662
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Not a bad draw, 1st round could've been easier though!
It's a good draw. The opponent is not one of those to whom Caro could really fear but it will be a good first round challenge. Here's hoping that this will be the event where all the recent changes will finally click together.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:24 PM   #2663
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Piotr has spoken again

Caroline Wozniacki's dad is the COOLEST. He predicts she takes Wimbledon...stay tuned. pic.twitter.com/eDF8fu7P
You know what, why not? She is a top player,still, and even though she's not been in the best form lately she could surprise. Look how many people are predicting Kvitova to do well despite the early exit on grass.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:30 PM   #2664
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Paszek isn't an easy draw, but I swear, if Caro loses... She needs to do something to stop this awful skid.
Ryan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:45 PM   #2665
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think eventually she will start to play well. I like that the 1st round is a test. If she gets thru she a real shot at a R16 with Bartoli.
But 1st she has to get thru this one

Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:47 PM   #2666
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
You know what, why not? She is a top player,still, and even though she's not been in the best form lately she could surprise. Look how many people are predicting Kvitova to do well despite the early exit on grass.
As long as "people" are normal fans or pundits then that's normal. But not her father who very well knows she's struggling...it puts unnecessary pressure on her in an already difficult situation.

You can bet the house on that this will be brought up if she loses early, making her look foolish. Because it's not some guy who said it but Piotr.

It's the same with Madrid, this serves absolutely no purpose but to give Piotr media exposure. If he wants to help her and tells her that he believes she can win then that's absolutely fine. But why say it in public? How does that help her? It's like he enjoys pressuring her more than necessary.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:52 PM   #2667
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Are we sure Piotr actually predicted Caro to win Wimbledon? I'm thinking someone's making a joke based on Piotr's failed Madrid prediction.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:39 PM   #2668
country flag goldenlox

I think he's trying to keep her confidence up. If you look at where she was going into the Copenhagen final, she had just beaten Serena, lost 64 in the 3rd to Sharapova, then was in a final.
So after the bad loss in Stuttgart he wanted to let people know everything was fine.

But these last 2 losses are bad and this draw could give her 3 losses in a row.

I think confidence is part of it, but they should probably keep the tough talk in house

Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:40 PM   #2669
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Are we sure Piotr actually predicted Caro to win Wimbledon? I'm thinking someone's making a joke based on Piotr's failed Madrid prediction.
I don't necessarily think it is a joke but I haven't heard him say it or seen a quote attributed to him, until I do I am assuming that he never said it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #2670
country flag goldenlox

Ita amazing that she won so many matches from mid 2010- mid 2011 and now she lacks confidence.

Thats why she needs a coach. This guy never coached before.
Sanchez had Jankovic, now Petrova is in the Rosmalen final with Sanchez. Nadia was just in the FO final in doubles.

I thought Sanchez was perfect becuse he worked with a defensive player who ws #1. He understood a lot of the situation going in.

We'll see how this guy does. If she's healthy and training well, which seem to be what we keep hearing, then it should start to show. If not now in a few months on hardcourt

Closed Thread