Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 176 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #2626
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
It sometimes looks measured and foreknown to me. Pleasently methodical in the way she seems to know the outcome and hence not bother with the fight. I'm sure it's not the case though, but you do get a feeling of "Well we tried this what changes next".

It's going to take time, so really there is no point being anything but an observer untill they find a solution. She has the talent and tenascity and as such warents the time and support in my book.
Well said.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #2627
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Shortly before a grand slam seems an odd time to make a change like that though.

What is this new serving stance supposed to do?
Its reality that Caroline has only won 5 matches in her last 5 tournaments & no titles at all in 10 months. Never past the 4th round of Wimbledon.
Its much more likely that Caro loses round 1 of Wimbledon than makes the semis.
So they should be working on things now. So at least there's no excuses when hardcourt season starts.
Until Caroline can walk to the line at 4-4 and serve a great game, nothing positive will happen. She has to play so much better than she has, to be relevant again.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #2628
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Shortly before a grand slam seems an odd time to make a change like that though.

What is this new serving stance supposed to do?
Her right foot is more directly behind her and less to the side, so when she brings her feet together and throws herself into the serve it should add more power to the forwards motion of her body.
Like Ivanisevic did it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJRSEZ5Ring
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #2629
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegall View Post
I know this has been said before but I still don't understand why she can't hit the ball harder at her stature..It seems like pretty much everyone she plays can outhit her.
I moved this from the live scoring thread.

Piotr has said that some male players were surprised by how hard she was hitting the ball in practice. Assuming that's true, then I'd say there's at least some sort of mental component to her shots not being that powerful in actual matches.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #2630
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Piotr has said that some male players were surprised by how hard she was hitting the ball in practice. Assuming that's true, then I'd say there's at least some sort of mental component to her shots not being that powerful in actual matches.
Honestly, I still consider that to be somewhat of an urban legend, one of many Piotrisms like "she's going to win Madrid".

We have never seen that, not in an exho where there's no pressure, not at Hopman Cup, not at matches she was comfortably leading..never. I'm not buying it until I see it.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #2631
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Her right foot is more directly behind her and less to the side, so when she brings her feet together and throws herself into the serve it should add more power to the forwards motion of her body.
Like Ivanisevic did it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJRSEZ5Ring
Oh.

Thanks for the video.

I saw a couple of comments in general messages about poor racquet head acceleration being a big problem in Caro's serving.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #2632
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Honestly, I still consider that to be somewhat of an urban legend, one of many Piotrisms like "she's going to win Madrid".

We have never seen that, not in an exho where there's no pressure, not at Hopman Cup, not at matches she was comfortably leading..never. I'm not buying it until I see it.
Even if she can hit hard, its not smart to do it in a match unless she's sure its going in.
When Caroline was winning she was keeping for forehand steady & reasonably deep. It was a steady shot. She was steady on both sides.

I think this lack of confidence came when she tried to do more, became less steady and that gave her opponents more belief that she can get beaten
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:27 PM   #2633
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Picking up on the last few posts in the articles and interviews thread I'm going to try to be positive about the rest of the year. As far as Wimbledon/the Olympics I think we all should have very low expectations and if she exceeds them that will be a bonus. Realistically with the results she has had lately it will be a small miracle if she can repeat her performance at Wimbledon from last year. My expectations for the Olympics are even lower. However, I do think that she has a real chance to build some momentum and turn her season around starting in August. Repeating her win in New Haven and semi-final at the U.S. Open is going to be very tough but I'm hopeful that she will start strong and have decent runs in Montreal and Cincinnati and that she will be able to end the year strong and set herself up to have a much better start to 2013.

No doubt about it, so far this has been a very disappointing year, results wise, and it is hard to find positives but there are still chances for her to turn things around and give us all something to smile about.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM   #2634
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, I expect absolutely nothing from Wimbledon, I just hopes her record of never losing a R1 match at slams at least stays intact.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 04:31 PM   #2635
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

ok, that's enough, stop your pesimism people!
just believe

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM   #2636
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at how her draw in Eastbourne played out it is very disappointing that she lost so early. Her path to the semis would have been McHale, a slumping Pavlyuchenkova and Zakopalova. Three matches that should be very winnable for her. Beating Kerber in the semis would have been much tougher but it always bugs me when she doesn't take advantage when she has a favourable draw.

Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM   #2637
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Draw Gods please be kind!

Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:14 AM   #2638
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

i wonder how she won that junior title...i mean, she has no power on FH (which is barely ever flat = horrible on grass), no slices, no serve and poor volleying i would really love to see her going deep here, but i fear another R3 loss or even earlier...

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:35 AM   #2639
country flag CWTennis

https://twitter.com/#!/Wimbledon
Victoria Azarenka has Caroline Wozniacki, Marion Bartoli, Ana Ivanovic and Julia Goerges in her quarter

Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #2640
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
i wonder how she won that junior title...i mean, she has no power on FH (which is barely ever flat = horrible on grass), no slices, no serve and poor volleying i would really love to see her going deep here, but i fear another R3 loss or even earlier...
Juniors is a completely different world than the pros. There are many players that had success and won slams as juniors that were never able to repeat that success as professionals. I would guess that when she was younger she was much more fearless and able to play with more abandon.

Closed Thread