Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 172 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #2566
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I could very easily be wrong but I think that some of us believe that if she played more doubles it would also make her a better singles player.
I think its grueling enough playing singles. And she has to fight better in singles. Even thou she hasnt won any title in 10 months, most of her losses either were close, or she was close to 1 set all. Somehow she became mentally fragile, when she used to compete well in close matches.
You dont become a great volleyer by hanging around after losing in singles on Tuesday, to play doubles Wedneday and Thursday. Its only a few sets of doubles and if there's rain, you wait around a lot longer than you play
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #2567
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Good draw for Caro I think. Caro losing in the quarters would be the status quo.

Good luck Caro.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #2568
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She's down 0-3 to McHale. When you play lousy tennis, there are no soft draws. If you play well, you make your section tough

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #2569
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Good draw for Caro I think. Caro losing in the quarters would be the status quo.

Good luck Caro.
There's no player on the tour weak enough that Caro has a good draw.
Now starting from 1st Kerber loss Caroline has lost 6 of 11 matches, more than half. Its a freefall, and she can go a lot lower than out of the top 10

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #2570
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

A few weeks ago I wanted to know where rock bottom actually is... now I'm afraid of the answer.

She's no top 10 player right now, as harsh as that sounds.

The only thing that gives me a bit of hope is that she really seems to have made a serious coaching change this time...let's hope she sticks with him until it can pay off and doesn't hit the panic button soon.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #2571
country flag goldenlox

This was another 4-4 in the 3rd where Caroline caved in at the crucial moment.
Its not just losing 4 of her last 6 matches, its the mentally soft play in crunch time that is killing her.
That started around when she met Rory, but its all Caroline on the court, so Rory's not to blame
Caroline has a losing h2h with Mchale, which says it all

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #2572
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
That started around when she met Rory
Been saying that all along. It's not the sole reason for sure but it has added to her issues and certainly not in a good way.

But at least it's working for him so I guess that should be good enough

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #2573
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post

The only thing that gives me a bit of hope is that she really seems to have made a serious coaching change this time...let's hope she sticks with him until it can pay off and doesn't hit the panic button soon.
Yeah, that gives a hope! But what really worries me is that mentally she'll never be the same player she used to be!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #2574
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Yeah, that gives a hope! But what really worries me is that mentally she'll never be the same player she used to be!
Yes, same here. Like I say, right now it really is impossible to tell where it'll end and I can sadly see her become a second Jankovic (even though she's more like Ivanovic when it comes to the media appeal) if it continues like this.

The thing is, her downfall has exceeded all expectations, even those of her fiercest haters. Not even the people in GM predicted this, most actually thought her game would always keep her comfortably in the Top 10. But there's just no constancy anymore, aside from her physical fitness she has managed to lose all the advantages she had going for her... I've never really seen anything like this before. And all this in just 6-10 months...it's absolutely nuts.

We can only hope she stays healthy because if we add a serious injury into the mix things might get even worse. Oh dear....

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #2575
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Been saying that all along. It's not the sole reason for sure but it has added to her issues and certainly not in a good way.

But at least it's working for him so I guess that should be good enough
It doesn't seem to working for Rory either now.

A part of me wonders what would happen if they would breakup.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #2576
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
It doesn't seem to working for Rory either now.

A part of me wonders what would happen if they would breakup.
Just heard in GM. I honestly have no idea, unless she tweets about it I'm able to completely out-zone golf of my world

Honestly, I think she would quickly get better results if tennis would become her one and only priority again. But she'll probably cling to him until it's too late.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #2577
country flag goldenlox

I dont see any quick fix, like dumping a guy.
She just gave away something thats almost impossible to reach, a long term spot at or near the top of a very popular worldwide sport.

I think its going to be like Oudin. She's going to have to play much softer competition, learn how to win again.
These 4-4 service games are beyond bad. They are embarrassing for a professional player.

She's in deep trouble, and it will probably take a lot of time, if ever. And just rooting for a Mchale choke doesnt help Caroline. She has to play a lot better, and not hope for big chokes by her early round opponents

Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #2578
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

from twitter:
Caroline Wozniacki not in the mood to talk about Rory today. That's actually a first. The Rory qs served as a good diversion in the past.
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #2579
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
from twitter:
Caroline Wozniacki not in the mood to talk about Rory today. That's actually a first. The Rory qs served as a good diversion in the past.
Oh, that is indeed new. She'll be facing tough times in that regard, if he's struggling now too it won't take long until the press picks up on that.

That's the downside of making your private life this public.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #2580
country flag goldenlox

Its time to stop the nonsense. That she thinks she can win Wimbledon. Her dad is talking her up to the media before Madrid..
She's struggling now. Everyone knows it. Its okay to be real & admit it.
Every point matters, every shot matters. She shouldnt even talk about winning tournaments. She has to try to win a point at a time and build something.
She has to treat her 1st round match as a huge deal. She's lost a lot of them the past year, including 2 to Mchale

Closed Thread