Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 149 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #2221
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Unfortunate for Caro that she developed this allergy and lost all those semi-final points, but not sure we can conclude much from it in terms of her overall year. I was just relieved it wasn't her ankle.

She's got a week and a half to rest and recover now so hopefully she'll be fighting fit for the French Open. A QF there and she'll make up for all these lost points however I for one am only going to take one match at a time. This is 2012 Caro and you can never assume she's guaranteed to win a match, though sans illness I still think she would have routined AMG
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #2222
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

One of the things that has set Caroline apart is that she not only rarely defaults,she also keeps battling 'til the end even when she's losing badly.We don't have to name some of the glamour girls who quit so easily(many of you know who they are quite well).Am inclined to think that Caro was suffering pretty badly if she defaulted

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #2223
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Ryan,you know quite well that I'm not on the Ban Everyone Bandwagon,but I once received a warning from a mod--who had an Amelie avatar,mind you--for calling Mauresmo,'Masculinesmo'...and suggesting that she had hair under her armpits.Admittedly,it was sort of a nasty post...and I've since softened on Amelie a good bit,but it's a question of CONSISTENCY.If you can HONESTLY say that a similar thread which ridiculed a pain-stricken Serena or Masha would ALSO be tolerated,then your hands are clean.

I can't play God and say that you're being cowardly because you might sincerely feel in your heart that the thread isn't that bad,but I think the Consistency(Inconsistency) Issue in re Caroline is what bothers many posters here.

From MY standpoint,the GM haters are mentally and/or genetically inferior types who follow mass sentiment like mindless lemmings.These are the sort of people who are easily manipulated by the Chairman Maos and Hitlers of the world,so maybe they need an outlet like GM to get it out of their systems...I choose not to spend time with them.Nevertheless,I can understand where Caro fans would have problems with the perceived mod double standard
Perfect illustration of what you were talking about......

This thread has just been closed...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=459432

While this thread wasn't closed (in fact it's still open as we speak. The worst pictures haven't been deleted either).....

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=458963

Nothing wrong with closing the Vika thread (in fact, they closed it much too late), but isn't the Caro thread even worse?

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #2224
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

So ... if Li Na wins just one more match (against Cibulkova), she will pass Caroline on the ranking and get the #8 seed at RG?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #2225
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
So ... if Li Na wins just one more match (against Cibulkova), she will pass Caroline on the ranking and get the #8 seed at RG?
Yup!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #2226
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, regarding her ranking she hasn't been playing like a top ten player for a long time now (nearly a year) and if she slides down the rankings she only has herself to blame. She had been clinging to her ranking based on her results from January-May, 2011, now those points are gone and she will need to start climbing again based on her current results.

She still has a great chance to finish the year strong if she can pull herself together starting in August but I think we are in for more pain before things start to improve.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #2227
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Eh, regarding her ranking she hasn't been playing like a top ten player for a long time now (nearly a year) and if she slides down the rankings she only has herself to blame. She had been clinging to her ranking based on her results from January-May, 2011, now those points are gone and she will need to start climbing again based on her current results.

She still has a great chance to finish the year strong if she can pull herself together starting in August but I think we are in for more pain before things start to improve.
Yeah, no excuse for only 1 semifinal win in 9 months, and that against Martic at an Int'l.
Its so far below what you expect for a long term #1 that it doesnt make sense.
The inconsistency is staggering. Last year she won 8 matches at Dubai, Doha, about 16 matches on clay. This year 2 matches at Dubai, Doha, 3 matches on clay.
I dont expect much for FO, W & Olympics.
Maybe back on hardcourt she can pull things together. But she wont if she keeps making so many unforced forehand errors
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #2228
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Yes, but I'll nevertheless root for Na to win. The way Caro is doing she could be out of the FO before seedings start to matter () while Li has a chance to do well there.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #2229
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Perfect illustration of what you were talking about......

This thread has just been closed...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=459432

While this thread wasn't closed (in fact it's still open as we speak. The worst pictures haven't been deleted either).....

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=458963

Nothing wrong with closing the Vika thread (in fact, they closed it much too late), but isn't the Caro thread even worse?
There's a corollary I thought up to an old axiom(I'm sure many others have had the same idea over the centuries,but I came to the deduction on my own) :When you get denounced by a lowlife,it's practically strong praise in disguise.This isn't a foolproof principle,yet it's usually fairly solid,and I'll give you an example.When I worked in the prison system,I noticed that the staffmembers--and even other inmates--that pedophiles hated most were often no worse than halfway-decent fellows and gals.To put it simply,when a walking pile of goat manure hates someone,it generally means that that particular someone is a nice person.

In Tennis Forum terms,if I were a newcomer--w/o a strong fave--to the website who just began exploring GM,I'd quickly begin to suspect that Caroline was a sweetie based solely on the fact that so much anal-crack smegma was denouncing her

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #2230
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
There's a corollary I thought up to an old axiom(I'm sure many others have had the same idea over the centuries,but I came to the deduction on my own) :When you get denounced by a lowlife,it's practically strong praise in disguise.This isn't a foolproof principle,yet it's usually fairly solid,and I'll give you an example.When I worked in the prison system,I noticed that the staffmembers--and even other inmates--that pedophiles hated most were often no worse than halfway-decent fellows and gals.To put it simply,when a walking pile of goat manure hates someone,it generally means that that particular someone is a nice person.

In Tennis Forum terms,if I were a newcomer--w/o a strong fave--to the website who just began exploring GM,I'd quickly begin to suspect that Caroline was a sweetie based solely on the fact that so much anal-crack smegma was denouncing her
Bonus points for use of the word "smegma."

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #2231
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Bonus points for use of the word "smegma."
I don't know what that means, but if it means that most Caro haters have arse gravy coming out of their mouths I have to agree.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #2232
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't know what that means, but if it means that most Caro haters have arse gravy coming out of their mouths I have to agree.
It is probably for the best that you remain uninformed.

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #2233
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

SportsPro_Mag SportsPro Media
Congrats to Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki), the world’s 13th most marketable athlete http://tinyurl.com/bu2227x #50mm @WTA @LagardereUnltd

Quote:
Caroline Wozniacki - Danish, 21, Tennis (9)
When Caroline Wozniacki took to Twitter to announce a two-year renewal of her endorsement deal with Danish investment firm Danske Invest shortly after winning in the second round of January’s Australian Open, little did she know it would be one of the last tweets she would write as world number one. Days later she was defeated by Kim Clijsters in the quarter final, the Belgian once again ending the 21-yearold’s hope of a first Grand Slam crown and with it her second stint as the world’s best player.

Despite that disappointment, though, Wozniacki remains a force to be reckoned with both on and off the court.

Unlikely to drop beyond her current WTA ranking of sixth given her indisputable talent and consistency over the course of the season, the approachable and articulate Dane possesses all the qualities needed to not only captivate crowds, but to keep the media absorbed and sponsors hungry.

While her endorsement portfolio may already be packed, with cash from the likes of Sony Ericsson, Turkish Airlines, Adidas by Stella McCartney and Yonex contributing a large portion of her estimated 2011 earnings of US$20 million, Wozniacki’s management at Lagardère Unlimited will be keen to further capitalise on her status as the hottest property in the increasingly saleable world of women’s tennis. Not to mention her ongoing relationship with a certain young Northern Irish golfer that puts her squarely in the public eye as one half of what is without doubt sport’s most marketable couple.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_...line_wozniacki
Rory is in 2nd place!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #2234
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine that all of that is melting like ice-cream in the sun right now though.

Should she really drop out of the Top 10 her earnings will take a major hit.

Edit: Read it again, seems like the press articles can't even keep up with her ranking decline anymore

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter

Last edited by Jimmie48 : May 18th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #2235
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
SportsPro_Mag SportsPro Media
Congrats to Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki), the world’s 13th most marketable athlete http://tinyurl.com/bu2227x #50mm @WTA @LagardereUnltd

Rory is in 2nd place!
She was 9th last year.

"one half of what is without doubt sport’s most marketable couple."

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread