Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #2146
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You guys won't be happy until every non-Caro fan is banned from the Forum. You can't even handle fans who don't conform to your rigid way of thinking. No sweat off my back if you disagree with me, or dislike me. Have a nice Sunday everyone.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #2147
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming that they both make it to the third round I hope Caroline is working on her serve as much as possible between now and then. I think she was only broken once in her Miami win but multiple times in the Madrid loss. It's very obvious that she needs to serve at her best to even have a chance at a win.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #2148
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You guys won't be happy until every non-Caro fan is banned from the Forum. You can't even handle fans who don't conform to your rigid way of thinking. No sweat off my back if you disagree with me, or dislike me. Have a nice Sunday everyone.
Ryan,you know quite well that I'm not on the Ban Everyone Bandwagon,but I once received a warning from a mod--who had an Amelie avatar,mind you--for calling Mauresmo,'Masculinesmo'...and suggesting that she had hair under her armpits.Admittedly,it was sort of a nasty post...and I've since softened on Amelie a good bit,but it's a question of CONSISTENCY.If you can HONESTLY say that a similar thread which ridiculed a pain-stricken Serena or Masha would ALSO be tolerated,then your hands are clean.

I can't play God and say that you're being cowardly because you might sincerely feel in your heart that the thread isn't that bad,but I think the Consistency(Inconsistency) Issue in re Caroline is what bothers many posters here.

From MY standpoint,the GM haters are mentally and/or genetically inferior types who follow mass sentiment like mindless lemmings.These are the sort of people who are easily manipulated by the Chairman Maos and Hitlers of the world,so maybe they need an outlet like GM to get it out of their systems...I choose not to spend time with them.Nevertheless,I can understand where Caro fans would have problems with the perceived mod double standard

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #2149
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I can't believe it. From the player's forum moderator. There is nothing refreshing or hilarious about showing an actual picture of someone's face racked in pain and mocking that person.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I agree.

If our moderator is gonna express such comments then I suggest he no longer be our moderator.
+1

Quote:
Our 'rigid way of thinking' = Not finding it hilarious and refreshing to laugh at a player's injury and mocking her, while clearly in pain, facial expression? ...

As for wanting to ban every non-Caro fan .. that's bull and further has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #2150
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I can't play God and say that you're being cowardly because you might sincerely feel in your heart that the thread isn't that bad...
Even if he thinks that he can easily make that point without attacking a well meaning member (TF66) of the fan group he's supposed to represent.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #2151
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Even if he thinks that he can easily make that point without attacking a well meaning member (TF66) of the fan group he's supposed to represent.
That's a reasonable assertion,but I'm not surprised to see a double standard against Caroline.I was once banned--and deservedly so--because I over-reacted when one of my faves lost;I posted,to my shame,that I wanted her victor to get hit in the face with an overhead smash,and the TF admonition read,in part,"...for wishing physical injury upon another player."

It's fairly obvious that the posters in question are wishing physical injury upon Caroline,but I actually expect TF mods to act like self-righteous phonies,applying their "standards" only when it serves them best.I guess it's too hard for them to stand against the GroupThink mentality from posters who are the natural by-product of the modern Humanist Public Education Apocalypse...where the "thinking" goes: Caroline doesn't hit the ball hard enough...so her matches don't sufficiently entertain us...and we don't want ANYone following in her footsteps and ruining tennis...so we'd like to see her destroyed.This is a logical result of a culture that promotes GroupThink;it's merely a re-hashing of the same nonsense we've seen in history from Goebbels,et al,and continues today in the PRC and,on a more basic level,at TF

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #2152
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
That's a reasonable assertion,but I'm not surprised to see a double standard against Caroline.I was once banned--and deservedly so--because I over-reacted when one of my faves lost;I posted,to my shame,that I wanted her victor to get hit in the face with an overhead smash,and the TF admonition read,in part,"...for wishing physical injury upon another player."

It's fairly obvious that the posters in question are wishing physical injury upon Caroline,but I actually expect TF mods to act like self-righteous phonies,applying their "standards" only when it serves them best.I guess it's too hard for them to stand against the GroupThink mentality from posters who are the natural by-product of the modern Humanist Public Education Apocalypse...where the "thinking" goes: Caroline doesn't hit the ball hard enough...so her matches don't sufficiently entertain us...and we don't want ANYone following in her footsteps and ruining tennis...so we'd like to see her destroyed.This is a logical result of a culture that promotes GroupThink;it's merely a re-hashing of the same nonsense we've seen in history from Goebbels,et al,and continues today in the PRC and,on a more basic level,at TF
Me neither. In fact, that's been obvious to me for years. If you say that mods or posters will mention some troll posts or threads about other players and pretend as though it's the same thing as the non-stop onslaught that Woz has had to endure for over two years now. But the truth is that there has been as much trolling on Caro threads and threads that were created especially for that purpose as there have been of all other players combined.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #2153
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

I really like Mike T but his post in that C@roline thread is way off limits.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #2154

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus they're going crazy in that thread. I'm expecting a few bans to come from this, but goddammit some of them are funny.
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #2155

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

I wonder how much some of those posters would enjoy it if somebody posted photoshopped pictures of them.
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #2156
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Jesus they're going crazy in that thread. I'm expecting a few bans to come from this, but goddammit some of them are funny.
You have to be kidding.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #2157
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you guys even go in there?

I just ignore it, no point getting worked up about it, we all know how TF is.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #2158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
You have to be kidding.
I don't think Mike T escapes it at least.
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #2159

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
That's trollworthy,really although coming from Caro's biggest 'fan' DIAH I am not surprised.
You gotta quit this, boss. Really. It's doing nothing for the community spirit around here, aye?
Old May 13th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #2160
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I ought to make the point that a lot of jokes (involving someone's suffering) that are in bad taste to some people are really funny to others. But the line is firmly crossed between humour and just plain nastiness when you get into close up photos of someone's pain. It might have been a good joke otherwise. But there is nothing funny left if you do that.

I had an accident years ago climbimg over railings and got spiked. They got me down OK. But I did have to face a barrage of jokes about it. It was when I was at university and someone said I was trying to demonstrate simple harmonic motion. Very good.

Some poster in the Ryan mould mentioned Caro doing that imitation of Nadal disappearing behind the desk with cramps so what's wrong here. Well someone might be offended but I'm sure it wasn't Nadal. I thought it was very funny that ribbing someone she has a lot of respect for and sees. It was funny to me and it's the fact of making light of it and diverting attention away from the actual suffering is why it's not nasty. God if she'd brought a close up photograph of Nadal in pain whilst she was doing it - I'd be horrified. As well as taking away all the funny side of it - it would be nasty. I hate to even mention something that Caro would not be capable of even dreaming to do nasty. But it makes a huge difference in answer to those that claim it's the same thing.

When Caro had that injury - I'm sure Caro would have laughed (as best she could) if anyone around her then had cracked a joke about it.

Even in areas comedians get into that are very close to the mark and may be too much for many people and crossed the line. Like jokes on food in a third world country with a quip "no wonder they are starving". The fact that it is acceptable and funny to many is a lot due to the focus is away from the actual suffering. But can you imagine if on top of this the comedian showed actual close up pictures of suffering whilst saying this. It takes away any form of humour into downright nastiness.

This is what I find so offensive while being able to laugh at other things.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread