Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #2131
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I guess I just look at her career differently than you do. For me the international level events were a stepping stone on her way to being one of the top players. Now that she is a top player I don't see the need in playing them any longer. She has climbed the ladder of success and passed them and going back seems like an unnecessary retreat. She has never played there before and it was not originally on her schedule so I think it is strange that she has decided to play there.

I believe it was Sven Groeneveld that mentioned how little time there is during the season to work on her game and try to improve. I see the week spent in Guangzhou as a wasted opportunity to do so much needed work on her game. I wouldn't say that I despise everything but the big tournaments but it is fair to say that I find it hard to muster much interest in smaller events.

To answer your last question let me say that I tend to start small and try to work my way up. The small steps seem very trivial once you start advancing but they are necessary to get you where you need to end up. I feel exactly the same way about international level events and Caroline. They served their purpose but I don't feel like they are something that benefit her any longer.
I see things a bit differently. I like to see at least one or two of the top players in the draws of the smaller WTA events. These tournaments too promote the game (sometimes in places that don't have other WTA events) and can't survive without the support of players that put butts on seats. Sure, the top ten players don't need these tournaments, but those tournaments (and the tour as a whole) need them. Top players shouldn't only consider what's best for them (although I agree that this has to be a top priority) but also what's best for the sport and the organisation (the WTA) that has given them the opportunity to make their fortune to begin with.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #2132
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
These are all just my opinions and I certainly don't present them as facts, I don't understand why you seem to get agitated about what I think. I'm just an opinionated guy with too much time on his hands.
Only thing I get annoyed at are emotive negative terms like "desperation" and running down her achievements as "lucky". I don't think that's unreasonable in Caro's forum. The rest is simply putting my view across. And I'm certainly not happy about Caro since RG now. Why are you agitated about that?

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #2133
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Only thing I get annoyed at are emotive negative terms like "desperation" and running down her achievements as "lucky". I don't think that's unreasonable in Caro's forum. The rest is simply putting my view across. And I'm certainly not happy about Caro since RG now. Why are you agitated about that?
Well, rather than desperate I could have said something like "I think the only reason she is playing Guangzhou is because she thinks she can get an easy title there" but I suspect that would not have been any better.

I'm not sure what you are asking me about what is agitating me. The fact that you are not happy about Caro since Roland Garros? Why would that bother me? About the only thing agitating me is being accused of being a troll or not a real fan. Am I harsher on Caroline than most folks? Yes. Does that make me any less of a fan? I don't think so.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #2134
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

I never find DIAH to be rude or mean towards Caroline - just "harsh", like he said, which is more tough love than anything else.

Lets hope she can have a good Rome tourney
Ryan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #2135
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, rather than desperate I could have said something like "I think the only reason she is playing Guangzhou is because she thinks she can get an easy title there" but I suspect that would not have been any better.

I'm not sure what you are asking me about what is agitating me. The fact that you are not happy about Caro since Roland Garros? Why would that bother me? About the only thing agitating me is being accused of being a troll or not a real fan. Am I harsher on Caroline than most folks? Yes. Does that make me any less of a fan? I don't think so.
OK. I think on the first para that this is a wild and negative slant on her entering Guangzhou though. There's no factual evidence for this opinion at all. I mean Caro has always played a couple of these Internationals whether she has won bigger titles or not.

It's almost certainly because she feels she wants extra match practice for the Tokyo, Beijing, YEC swing or that she's been approached and she loves to help out the smaller tournaments rather than she's given up on a title this year so she's trying to grab an "easier" one.

Look - there really is so much we actually do agree on - more than you might think. There's so much better discussions could be on the merits of her decision - practice or match play. Is her preparation as good as it used to be - trying to do too many things - Rory, shopping, training. What's wrong with this year so far, areas of improvement, I was pretty impressed with her fight at Madrid after that fall. Was it wise of her to do that though. And of course specific things about her matches and her game. And must be loads more subjects.

I think there's one thing though on the subject of agitated - and it's nothing to do with whether you are a harsh critic (as Ryan said) and you know what that is. It's more than a disagreement we have. I'd just ask you politely not to bring that up. It's not a gag. I can't stop you. It's up to you if you feel you have to. But it never leads to anything good. So a polite request. Exactly the same thing goldenlox asked you to "stop it" a month or so ago and you said "Yes I will" but then carried on.

I have always believed we should have a wide spectrum of opinion in this forum. I have never called you a troll or said you are not a Caro fan - or said you are less of a Caro fan. But I have responded to specific posts.

Last edited by terjw : May 13th, 2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #2136
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Yep. Ryan has already given his blessing to the thread. He thinks it hysterical ...
...And on top of that I see that he's told you to grow up. Sorry TF66, you're just too young to understand this type of mature humour.
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #2137
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK. I think on the first para that this is a wild and negative slant on her entering Guangzhou though. There's no factual evidence for this opinion at all. I mean Caro has always played a couple of these Internationals whether she has won bigger titles or not.

It's almost certainly because she feels she wants extra match practice for the Tokyo, Beijing, YEC swing or that she's been approached and she loves to help out the smaller tournaments rather than she's given up on a title this year so she's trying to grab an "easier" one.

Look - there really is so much we actually do agree on - more than you might think. There's so much better discussions could be on the merits of her decision - practice or match play. Is her preparation as good as it used to be - trying to do too many things - Rory, shopping, training. What's wrong with this year so far, areas of improvement, I was pretty impressed with her fight at Madrid after that fall. Was it wise of her to do that though. And of course specific things about her matches and her game. And must be loads more subjects.

I think there's one thing though on the subject of agitated - and it's nothing to do with whether you are a harsh critic (as Ryan said) and you know what that is. It's more than a disagreement we have. I'd just ask you politely not to bring that up. It's not a gag. I can't stop you. It's up to you if you feel you have to. But it never leads to anything good. So a polite request. Exactly the same thing goldenlox asked you to "stop it" a month or so ago and you said "Yes I will" but then carried on.

I have always believed we should have a wide spectrum of opinion in this forum. I have never called you a troll or said you are not a Caro fan - or said you are less of a Caro fan. But I have responded to specific posts.
Just let him speak his mind, the more he talks the more will everyone see what he is all about.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #2138
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Lets hope she can have a good Rome tourney
Nah, let's hope that she gets injured. That would be far more amusing.
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #2139
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
...And on top of that I see that he's told you to grow up. Sorry TF66, you're just too young to understand this type of mature humour.
I think that its the GM residents who could finally grow up on a personal level. I don't think that is possible, in many cases.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #2140
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Found it! :

"Seriously? Grow up. There are a bunch of satire threads in GM, and are hilarious. Nothing here is more than a joke; its actually a refreshing way to discuss Caroline. Im definitely beginning to see why people say Woz fans overreact and complain about everything."

Lovely. That's coming from the player forums moderator ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #2141
country flag terjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Found it! :

"Seriously? Grow up. There are a bunch of satire threads in GM, and are hilarious. Nothing here is more than a joke; its actually a refreshing way to discuss Caroline. Im definitely beginning to see why people say Woz fans overreact and complain about everything."

Lovely. That's coming from the player forums moderator ..
I can't believe it. From the player's forum moderator. There is nothing refreshing or hilarious about showing an actual picture of someone's face racked in pain and mocking that person.

Old May 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #2142
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

About the GM hatred: A lot of people are bitter. Even though we have great lives compared to what people went thru before lights, cars, radios, tv's, smart phones, computers...
For some reason people are still bitter & dont deal well with other's successes.

GM isnt only anti-Caro. Messageboards & twitter are loaded with hate for athletes, politicians, entertainers.

You cant stop all the hate because you dont like it.

I was happy to defend Caroline in GM because what she was doing is extremely difficult, both physically & mentally.
She was in 15 semis in 19 tournaments, with 12 finals 9 titles.
To me, thats much harder than winning a major. Players like Sveta, Fran, Li, Stosur will never come near 15 semis in 19 tournaments with 9 titles.

What Vika is doing, with 8 finals in her last 9 events, is also is extremely difficult.
I'm interested to see if she can hang in there. It seems like the mental & physical wear & tear took a toll on Caroline. Just like the 2nd half of 2007 took a toll on Henin.
To play well & go deep into almost every tournament is extremely grueling and takes a lot of mental toughness.
And maybe it wears players down
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #2143
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't believe it. From the player's forum moderator. There is nothing refreshing or hilarious about showing an actual picture of someone's face racked in pain and mocking that person.
I agree.

If our moderator is gonna express such comments then I suggest he no longer be our moderator.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #2144
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

You guys won't be happy until every non-Caro fan is banned from the Forum. You can't even handle fans who don't conform to your rigid way of thinking. No sweat off my back if you disagree with me, or dislike me. Have a nice Sunday everyone.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #2145
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

A couple thoughts on Caro's potential matchup with her umpire-threatening buddy:

First,Caroline won the match in Miami,fair and square,where fatigue was NOT any significant,apparent factor.

As for the upcoming draw,though,I recall many occasions when Graf won back-to-back tourneys and there didn't seem to be any noticeable drop-off in the second one.Obviously,THREE tourneys in a row would be challenging for ANYone,and we can see that the list of back-to-back-to-back titlists is a small one,1990-Present.However,if it's only TWO tourneys--and the player in question is fairly fit--then can we really expect/hope for any advantage there??Just wondering...and also taking Umpire Killer's age into account,of course

Another possible factor could be longer rallies on the non-blue clay in Rome where players often have to exert more....Anyhow,regardless of whom Caro faces,I'm hoping for a great RG tune-up here

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread