Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 136 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #2026
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Not medically knowledgeable enough to judge how wise it was for Caro to play on her less-than-perfect ankle.....but I'm really proud of her that she was able to beat a tough,rising,young player

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #2027
country flag b_blah

b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all

Kinda off topic but hi Caro fans!
I've been here for a while reading posts, just never posted myself
Huge fan of Caroline, but I'm not really going to analyse her play or anything because I know I can't. :P
I just try to watch when I can and support her.

And, I'm from Australia so the times of her matches means sometimes I have to get up at like 4 in the morning to watch them (that's how much I love her hahaha).

I won't be posting her too often though because I don't really have much to say.

Other than that, when I got up this morning and saw that Caro had beat Mona I was delighted.
b_blah is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #2028
country flag Double A

Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future

Welcome!
We're pretty much in the same boat, haha. I'm still pretty new to tennis myself so I can't analyze Caro (& other players) either, unlike the other members of the forum.

Yeah, the timezone differences can be pretty bothersome, but it's usually worth it.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #2029
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, don't worry, I also do not know much about tennis tactics and technique . However after a while of reading others' posts and just observing play you can learn a little.

So, don't be afraid to speak up. You are not suppossed to be tennis expert to be able to post in TF
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #2030
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_blah View Post
Kinda off topic but hi Caro fans!
I've been here for a while reading posts, just never posted myself
Huge fan of Caroline, but I'm not really going to analyse her play or anything because I know I can't. :P
I just try to watch when I can and support her.

And, I'm from Australia so the times of her matches means sometimes I have to get up at like 4 in the morning to watch them (that's how much I love her hahaha).

I won't be posting her too often though because I don't really have much to say.

Other than that, when I got up this morning and saw that Caro had beat Mona I was delighted.
Shoot, I don't know nothing about anything and I don't let that stop me from posting. 99% of my posts are completely based in hysterical overreactions and wild speculations.

I find it is great to be able to post in this forum without being attacked for admitting to liking Caroline.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #2031
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Shoot, I don't know nothing about anything and I don't let that stop me from posting. 99% of my posts are completely based in hysterical overreactions and wild speculations.

I find it is great to be able to post in this forum without being attacked for admitting to liking Caroline.
that's called really true fan base

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #2032
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Matt Cronin@TennisReporters
BTW on Caro: Mike Joyce told me Wozniacki is player he is most disappointed in on WTA, says her ball has lost weight
Matt tweeted that to me after I sent him an update on Caro's ankle situation. I tweeted back that after ankle injury in Copenhagen, she hasn't had a single serve over 150 kph. Of course her ball "has lost weight."

What's gone missing in the translations of politiken.dk's article is that Piotr feels that Caro has to keep the RG goal in mind. But as he said, it was 100% Caro's decision.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #2033
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of

I'm wondering if a "one-legged" Caro is confusing her opponents? She really has to change her style, not run after balls she has little chance of getting, and play more of an Aga style, more placement than power. While of course not being allowed to see the secret WTA matches beyond the first 2 Eurosport sends, -- BTW, the WTA coverage has raised a shit storm everywhere -- I'm wondering if she's still playing closer to the baseline, of if she's in Caroland or even Agaland.

Let's hope Serena-Caro is on TV tomorrow. It may be a massacre -- though who knows -- but I'm curious to see the changes in Caro's strategies.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #2034
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manixdk View Post
I'm wondering if a "one-legged" Caro is confusing her opponents? She really has to change her style, not run after balls she has little chance of getting, and play more of an Aga style, more placement than power. While of course not being allowed to see the secret WTA matches beyond the first 2 Eurosport sends, -- BTW, the WTA coverage has raised a shit storm everywhere -- I'm wondering if she's still playing closer to the baseline, of if she's in Caroland or even Agaland.

Let's hope Serena-Caro is on TV tomorrow. It may be a massacre -- though who knows -- but I'm curious to see the changes in Caro's strategies.
I think it is almost a guarantee that the Serena match will be televised. Surely after Caroline's win in Miami there will be extra interest in it? She may be hampered with an injury but it is still Serena against a top player.

I'm not sure how sick she was but we also saw a different Caroline in Doha last year when she seemed to be forced to be more aggressive and try to end points as early as possible. I forget what the exact numbers were in the Pennetta match and I may be exaggerating but I think she had something like thirty-five winners to just seven unforced errors. Maybe if you went back to her first years on the tour you could find a match where she had similar numbers but that was very much an anomaly and I doubt she has had anywhere near those numbers in any other match over the last few years.

Others, possibly yourself, have pointed this out numerous times but we have seen that she is capable of playing different styles and being very successful but the frustrating thing is that it only happens when there is no other choice. She often claims that she tailors her game to suit her opponents but when her back is against the wall, particularly lately, too often she just plays very safely and passively. It would be great to see her bust out a completely different style of play in those situations. It might not always work but it would be better to see her go down swinging rather than with a whimper. Maybe she will learn something from this injury and the fact that it may force her to adopt a different style of play?

Old May 9th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #2035
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Matt tweeted that to me after I sent him an update on Caro's ankle situation. I tweeted back that after ankle injury in Copenhagen, she hasn't had a single serve over 150 kph. Of course her ball "has lost weight."

What's gone missing in the translations of politiken.dk's article is that Piotr feels that Caro has to keep the RG goal in mind. But as he said, it was 100% Caro's decision.
Quote:

It SHOULD raise a shit storm. When there's no transmission from a Serena match on centre court, you know something is seriously wrong.

It's hard to judge Caro's chances in the upcoming match when we've had no chance to watch her game and movement with our own eyes, but if both her serve and movement is low level it's hard to imagine how she's gonna win.
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #2036
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think more and more, Caroline wont be on tv courts early in tournaments. Not until she becomes a big factor late in tournaments.
So I expect this, and in Paris she might be on outside courts in early rounds
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #2037
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

In all fairness though, the TV coverage from this tournament is a joke. Remind me again why this tournament is supposed to be so much better than Stuttgart?

In all seriousness, yes, it will become a problem, especially at Wimbledon where they tend to ignore the women's matches anyways.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #2038
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
In all fairness though, the TV coverage from this tournament is a joke. Remind me again why this tournament is supposed to be so much better than Stuttgart?
More players, more money and more ranking points.double

Old May 9th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #2039
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

One day you really have to share, why you bother with Matt Cronin Personally, I wouldn't even bother sending him abusing tweets.

Quote:
I'm wondering if a "one-legged" Caro is confusing her opponents? She really has to change her style, not run after balls she has little chance of getting, and play more of an Aga style, more placement than power.

Foucs on RG and playing Madrid (even Rome) with the ankle injury, might not exclude each other.

Going from the advice given to her back in 2010, with the ankle taped up, effective locked, she could play and it wouldn't aggravate the injury.

So, she'll play to whatever level, she can

I am sure you've already read about the change of tactic in Pervak match and against Barthel.

Against Serena Williams it will most likely be same as against Barthel, in the sense Barthel did not adjust her own do-or-die style to increase her odds against a limping, injured opponent. Neither do I see Serene Williams change anything.

Caroline will know, Serene Williams will go for power, winners, power and to finish points early. That's how she players and Caroline will play as good as the ankle permits her.

Like Piotr, I am relaxed about the outcome

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #2040
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
And in Stuttgart they had an audience. In Madrid there are more people on the courts than in the stands.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread