Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #151
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
While I agree, YEC must be the top priority going into every season, perhaps we should allow a little more than 2 tournaments before hitting the panic brake

Oh yes , of course , this is just my own psychosis it seems! I'm just comparing it to last year where after the Australian Open she was never out of the top 3 if I recall correctly. Perhaps I should compare it to 2010 where she didn't make the top 8 until Indian Wells and was still first to qualify
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #152
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

In the worst-case scenario,I'd still expect Caroline to win one of her MM allotments...and then she should have an easy time of it in closing the year with a victory in Sofia

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #153
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

^MM's? She can only play two of those a year... As for Sofia, I very much doubt she would ever play there. I'm confused... Is this your last post here before disappearing to the Kitten section permanently, or are you just drunk?
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #154
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

So much for your empty rhetoric about maintaining civility---please cite-in clear,non-B.S. terms,if you're capable-what was allegedly insulting to Caroline in my previous post.My INTENT was to say that Caro need only win one of those two MMs to qualify for Sofia...given her likely,fairly-high year-end ranking...and that,if she DID somehow miss YEC(which I doubt will occur),then she could end the year on a positive note by winning a half-decent tourney.However,it wouldn't bother me if she refused to play,either...it's her choice,of course

P.S.: Not that it's any of your self-righteous business,but I'll share that I quite rarely imbibe alcohol...was dissuaded from doing so by observing wayward males in my family in my youth...good night

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #155
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

What would this forum be without Burisleif and Bruce sniping at each other? I pray that I never learn the answer to that question.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #156
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

From August 2010 to June 2011: 19 tournaments, 9 titles, 12 finals, 15 semifinals

The last 8 months: 11 tournaments, 1 title, 1 final 2 semifinals.

These next few months will be interesting.
I was surprised that she spent her 1st week at #4 by hanging around with McIlroy.
She got to #1 by hard work, and wont get back unless she still has the same motivation
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #157
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
From August 2010 to June 2011: 19 tournaments, 9 titles, 12 finals, 15 semifinals

The last 8 months: 11 tournaments, 1 title, 1 final 2 semifinals.

These next few months will be interesting.
I was surprised that she spent her 1st week at #4 by hanging around with McIlroy.
She got to #1 by hard work, and wont get back unless she still has the same motivation
I think she may have lost a lot of hunger. She's accomplished most of what you can in singles besides winning a slam. Plus she's made a lot of money along the way. So she may be a bit jaded about the tour then throw in her first serious relationship and tennis may not be so important. She's probably pretty happy in her personal life though.

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 14th, 2012 at 01:32 AM. Reason: forgot word "lost" after "may have"
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #158
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I think she may have a lot of hunger. She's accomplished most of what you can in singles besides winning a slam....
She had 2 good years, but great players accomplish a lot over many years. She should be hungrier than ever. To do better.
Great players who win a major or 2 or get to #1, dont stop there. They want more.
We'll find out as this year goes on.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #159
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
What would this forum be without Burisleif and Bruce sniping at each other? I pray that I never learn the answer to that question.
Just a little light hearted humour... It's always good to keep our deep cover agents grounded...
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #160
country flag CloudAtlas

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Also while we're mentioning MM tournaments , I wonder if Caro will still play 2 this year now that she isn't contracted to play Bastad? Copenhagen is in the first half of the year and I should hope that she doesn't voluntarily play in Bastad as once again it would entail a ridiculous clay-grass-clay-hard shift.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #161
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidal1402 View Post
Also while we're mentioning MM tournaments , I wonder if Caro will still play 2 this year now that she isn't contracted to play Bastad? Copenhagen is in the first half of the year and I should hope that she doesn't voluntarily play in Bastad as once again it would entail a ridiculous clay-grass-clay-hard shift.
I hope she skips Bastad too, and I don't have any definite info on the subject, other than I recall it being reported that last year was the last of a 3 year commitment.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #162
country flag CloudAtlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I hope she skips Bastad too, and I don't have any definite info on the subject, other than I recall it being reported that last year was the last of a 3 year commitment.

She didn't seem all too keen on playing there last year , and I'm just wondering whether she will replace it with a different event? Perhaps Linz to get some indoors practice before the YEC? Though I don't think they'll shell out all that extra money for two top 10 players considering that Petra will almost certainly play due to her being the defending champion.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #163
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm not actually a fan of it, if you want the honest answer.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #164
country flag bruce goose

Though it's not the ideal approach by any stretch,I think that Caroline is the sort of gal who's mentally strong enough to feel a normal,human ebb in motivation while NOT allowing it to become a major career roadblock.It would be contrary to the character she's shown if she precisely mimicked some of the Tour's dizzy,aimless airheads.Let's not forget that Caroline won a Premier following the start of her relationship...PLUS she chose a bf who has eagerly supported her....Those are two points right there where Caro differs greatly from others

Old Feb 14th, 2012, 02:20 AM   #165
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidal1402 View Post
Going from grass to clay to grass over the course of about a month doesn't seem like a good idea.

Her normal post Wimbledon rest and training block is shortened as is due to the Olympics no need to cut it down even more by adding a tournament in that time frame.

Last edited by Protoss : Feb 15th, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread