Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #136
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I tend to agree with Jimmie48 that it does appear that since she got together with Rory that her results have suffered but I also think that we need a bigger sample size to draw any firm conclusions. The other side of the argument would be that she wasn't exactly playing great after Indian Wells, before she had even met Rory. I think we should wait until after the next four hardcourt tournaments before condemning him. Maybe she is/was in a slump that would have been unavoidable?
Her play was a lot better post Indian Wells last year and before Bastad than after though. I thought the results were good overall.

Before last year's summer hard court season, Caro hadn't gone more than 2 big (premier 5 or greater) hard court tournaments without reaching the semis since she reached her 1st big hard court final (2009 US Open). She's currently at 4 big hard court tournaments without a semi going into Doha. Prior to last fall's hard court season, Caro hadn't gone more than 5 hard court tournaments without making a semi since she made her first hard court final (2008 Stockholm). She's currently at 5 hard court tournaments without a semi going into Doha.

All of the top 10 besides Caro have reached a final after the US Open and all of the top 11 besides Caro have reached a semi.

I want to see at least 2 quarters and a semi in the next 4 hard court tournaments barring special cirumstances. If Caro doesn't at least come close to that, then I think she has a big problem.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #137
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I want to see at least 2 quarters and a semi in the next 4 hard court tournaments barring special cirumstances. If Caro doesn't at least come close to that, then I think she has a big problem.
I agree.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #138
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

According to her Twitter she is in Doha now. And it's windy apparently.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #139
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Her play was a lot better post Indian Wells last year and before Bastad than after though. I thought the results were good overall.

Before last year's summer hard court season, Caro hadn't gone more than 2 big (premier 5 or greater) hard court tournaments without reaching the semis since she reached her 1st big hard court final (2009 US Open). She's currently at 4 big hard court tournaments without a semi going into Doha. Prior to last fall's hard court season, Caro hadn't gone more than 5 hard court tournaments without making a semi since she made her first hard court final (2008 Stockholm). She's currently at 5 hard court tournaments without a semi going into Doha.

All of the top 10 besides Caro have reached a final after the US Open and all of the top 11 besides Caro have reached a semi.

So far I'm positive about her start to the year, it's not as though she simply got outplayed by Aga and at the AO she just came up against an opponent playing incredibly well. I know people say Azarenka was able to deal with Clijsters and Caro wasn't and therefore this shows some inherent deficiency in her game but Azarenka excels on Plexicushion whereas the slow speed and high bouncing balls certainly disadvantage Woz as her ability to hit through the court is even more hampered. I personally feel that her level of play was higher this year than at the start of last year, and instead she just faced tougher opposition this year compared to Sevastova and Schiavone.

I do agree though with your expectations , I'd be disappointed if she doesn't get to at least one final seeing as though compared to the rest of the top 4 , these hard courts seem to have been where Caroline has achieved some of her best results. In fact I'd be disappointed if she doesn't win at least one but we haven't seen her play enough for me to come to a full judgement as to what decent results would be for her at this stage.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #140
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She's dropped off since Brussels. Now she cant get back to #1 for a long while.
But with 2 Premier 5's then 2 mandatories, all outdoor hardcourt, Caroline has a chance to get into the 2012 race.
Thats the best she can do, stay close to the top the next few months.
If she loses early at these premiers, she'll drop from #4.
If she wins Doha she moves up to #2 in the 2012 race, so a good run these next few months will set her up for a big 2nd half.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #141
country flag PushWoz

PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of PushWoz has much to be proud of

5)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v BYE
Klara Zakopalova (CZE) v Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)
Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) v Polona Hercog (SLO)
Angelique Kerber (GER) v (9)Sabine Lisicki (GER)

(14)Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP)
Jie Zheng (CHN) v Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
Lucie Safarova (CZE) v Q
(2)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v BYE

I'm confident she will reach the QF with this draw. We'll see soon
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #142
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's a pretty favorable draw. Caro in normal form beats all of these players quite easily... but you never know these days...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #143
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I just don't see how you can just sit there and even celebrate it, sorry. It's frustrating to see people you care about make mistakes - How can you not be upset about this? I seriously don't understand.
You have to accept reality or you'll go mad. You have a theory which cannot be proven. Some agree. Most don't. I believe that the turning point was after Indian Wells - the last big tournament she won. And that was well before she met Rory.

And no-one here really posts threads celebrating them being together as you claim. We're mainly on Caro's tennis in this thread until this pointless arguing the last two pages. I'm not changing your mind. You aren't changing mine. Can we just not all agree that we are all Caro's supporters but respect we have different opinions on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
And I don't think it's asking too much, it seems to be what the other girls do. None of the other top players seem to be that focused on their love live than Caro is right now...again, I refuse to believe that that's a coincidence.
I'm sorry but that is asking way too much and it's ridiculous if you think you aren't asking too much. That she dumps the person she loves for you?

The thing is. We can talk about what she needs to work on tennis-wise to improve her game. Her schedulle. But wailing about Rory. It isn't going to happen that she dumps him because she hasn't had good results when she's been with him. They are in love. So after a while - wailing about it serves no purpose and just annoys other posters.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #144
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit,it looks a little odd to see Caro's name in a draw with the #2 seed marked next to it;however,there's no big stigma attached to being #2 in a decent field...and none of us will care what Caro's seeding was if she wins the event

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #145
country flag kestrel01

kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold

Caro apparently still working with Maciej Domka.

Arrival in Doha.
kestrel01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #146
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Have to admit,it looks a little odd to see Caro's name in a draw with the #2 seed
Ha! My thought exactly. I looked at the draw posted and it says 'Bartoli Vs Bye'. .. My initial thought was: 'Weird, so Caroline plays Bartoli in R2' ...

Ah well, better get use to trolling the draw for her name. It'll probably not be until 2H of the season, before she's back in pole position.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #147
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Even Rory did finished in TOP 10 in Dubai, he did not win, after Caro left he did start to play more badly... a Cheerleader there works!

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #148
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that it makes me uncomfortable to not see Caroline securely inside the top 8 in the race to YEC, even if she's only played 2 events so far! Here's hoping she cements herself in the top 4/5 over the next couple of weeks so the pressure is off a bit
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #149
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline plays U.Radwanska or Safarova on wednesday.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #150
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidal1402 View Post
I have to say that it makes me uncomfortable to not see Caroline securely inside the top 8 in the race to YEC, even if she's only played 2 events so far! Here's hoping she cements herself in the top 4/5 over the next couple of weeks so the pressure is off a bit
While I agree, YEC must be the top priority going into every season, perhaps we should allow a little more than 2 tournaments before hitting the panic brake

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread