Special message to NA-MUG: Zheng Saisai wants to be Chinese Radwanska - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:22 PM   #1
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute
Special message to NA-MUG: Zheng Saisai wants to be Chinese Radwanska

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sunday/...t_14498469.htm

Quote:
MELBOURNE - China's top junior ace has set her sights on becoming the country's own Agnieszka Radwanska.

Budding star Zheng Saisai, the No 9 seed at the Australian Open girls singles, was the nation's only player in the junior event, and exited in the second round against Germany's Krista Hardebeck.

Although her Melbourne campaign ended prematurely, the 17-year-old claims she learned from the tough challenges from Western opponents and has vowed to play smart tennis; like Polish world No 8 Radwanska.

"The competition here is much more fierce than other tournaments as more players participate and most of them are very professional," Zheng said of her third Australian Open junior experience.

Asked who was her favorite player on the WTA tour, Zheng said Radwanska.

"She is not as tall and strong as other European players. Her body shape looks similar to us. But she's still doing well on the tour because she plays smart - with great skills, speed and anticipation. That's a style that fits us, and I should learn from her," said Zheng, who bagged her first WTA title in the doubles in Guangzhou last year.

Turning 18 next month, Zheng will mainly focus on the ITF circuit but make some forays into WTA events this season.

"My plan for this year is to play mostly singles in ITF Challengers and try to get used to the WTA events through doubles. Hopefully, I can crack the top 200 and finish near the top 100 this season," Zheng said.

Sharing the same American coaching crew with China's world No 17, Peng Shuai, Zheng said she has benefited a lot from the advanced training methods.

"My coach (Timothy Nichols) usually lets me do an extra practice right after each match to correct mistakes. He customizes pre-match plans for me and that helps a lot," Zheng said.

Nichols, who monitored the Japanese national team from 1990 to 2000 as a member of its coaching crew, is well aware of Asian players' strengths and weaknesses.

"She (Zheng) is not as powerful as those European or American girls. She should play more spin strokes like a Spanish guy does on clay. That style needs more energy. You need a lot of reaction and speed, (strong) legs and strain. That's the biggest thing, so we did a lot of workouts on fitness during winter training," Nichols said.

He said he would choose some "necessary" tournaments for Zheng to improve her ranking and help her reach the French Open qualifiers.

www.teamula.com. Are YOU team Ula ENOUGH?
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Special message to NA-MUG: Zheng Saisai wants to be Chinese Radwanska

Quote:
Germany's Krista Hardebeck.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:31 PM   #3
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind having a Chinese Radwanska we can depend on not to make 100 errors
Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:35 PM   #4
country flag SHILIN-GOAT

SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

well Radwanska will be a top 5 player soon so I don't mind Sai Sai trying to be like her
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SHILIN-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
SHILIN-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:36 PM   #5
country flag SpanishSuenos

SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all SpanishSuenos is a name known to all

I like techincal players like Radwanska so I can't wait to see her!

OFFICIAL HATER OF WOZNIACKI, AZARENKA AND SHARAPOVA!
SpanishSuenos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:41 PM   #6
country flag SHILIN-GOAT

SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SHILIN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SHILIN-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
SHILIN-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 05:58 PM   #7
country flag Galang

Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold Galang is a splendid one to behold

Why would anyone want to aspire to be like Radwanska?
Galang is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 06:51 AM   #8
country flag Sassy-Na

Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute

So she doesn't want to be "JuJu" now

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO and Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim and WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Sassy-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 06:57 AM   #9
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

i throught she wants to be Sam

Nadal Tsonga Soderling Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Krajinovic Rosol
Han ZhangL Zhaos Zhou Wang ZhengSS Tang Yangs Zhu Tian Lu

Giorgi Jovanovski Szavay Chakvetadze Petkovic Muguruza Duan
Zvonareva Peng Garcia Mladenovic Martic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Robson
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 06:59 AM   #10
country flag Sassy-Na

Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute Sassy-Na has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.P View Post
i throught she wants to be Sam
big shoulders

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO and Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim and WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Sassy-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote