Ana's post AO swing (up to IW/Miami) - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #466
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future
Re: Ana's post AO swing (up to IW/Miami)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
It's a good question.
Indeed it is.I´m little bit afraid she isn´t hungry for n.1 anymore

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #467
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Ana doesn´t have to aim to be no. 1 there´s no reason for that she´s not in that position and form that she should think about being no. 1... there should be some other goals to reach and they should be reaching the top 10 and then try to win a Grand Slam... being no. 1 is not needed in my opinion because she reached that in the past and she can focus on more important goals.... Ana has still a lot of work ahead of herself and she´s on the right way to reach the top 10 this season....
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #468
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Not #1 necessarily, but being in position to win a slam. A player must be more than good for that. I'm just wondering if these four years made a bigger damage than we think. I wonder if she'll ever be able to try playing her best tennis. Her playing style demands self-confidence, complete focus, guts etc. I'm wondering if there's a strength in her. It's a very difficult thing.

But enough with negativity. Let's wait for the clay season. She must play with top players more and more often. It's the only way for her to stop being so scared. If she plays against a top player twice a year, it's normal to be nervous because there's a legacy behind her name and she wants to prove herself. If she loses to Peng, it's probably not so relevant for her, everybody knows that she's a better player than Peng. But, if she loses in straight sets to Kvitova, she probably gets more frustrated, because it makes her look like she can't compete against such players anymore. So, trying to be a slam contender again requires some extra emotional effort. Knowing Ana, she'll probably put the pressure on herself again because the clay is supposed to be her best surface. Luckily, now she has a coach, so I believe that this time she'll have a good clay season.
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #469
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Not #1 necessarily, but being in position to win a slam. A player must be more than good for that. I'm just wondering if these four years made a bigger damage than we think. I wonder if she'll ever be able to try playing her best tennis. Her playing style demands self-confidence, complete focus, guts etc. I'm wondering if there's a strength in her. It's a very difficult thing.

But enough with negativity. Let's wait for the clay season. She must play with top players more and more often. It's the only way for her to stop being so scared. If she plays against a top player twice a year, it's normal to be nervous because there's a legacy behind her name and she wants to prove herself. If she loses to Peng, it's probably not so relevant for her, everybody knows that she's a better player than Peng. But, if she loses in straight sets to Kvitova, she probably gets more frustrated, because it makes her look like she can't compete against such players anymore. So, trying to be a slam contender again requires some extra emotional effort. Knowing Ana, she'll probably put the pressure on herself again because the clay is supposed to be her best surface. Luckily, now she has a coach, so I believe that this time she'll have a good clay season.
Well said, hope Ana has a chance to read it.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #470
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

To give herself the best possible chance of having a good clay season I believe that she needs to add a smaller tournament to her schedule too. I agree with you Cajka that she needs to play the top players more often, and hopefully playing them on clay will help her chances, BUT: she's playing Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid. Stuttgart is packed with top players, and she is very like to meet a top player by R4 in Rome/Madrid. To give herself the best possible chance of winning these matches she needs to be confident and in form, and imo the best way to do that is to play something smaller and make a sf/f/or even win a title. I understand that it's probably not even possible because she's playing fed cup.

FWIW, I do tend to agree with JAS about the mentality thing. I'm really curious as to how the rest of this season is going to play out now.
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 03:01 AM   #471
country flag spiritedenergy

spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute spiritedenergy has a reputation beyond repute

the fact is, since 2008 she had abysimal clay seasons... I don't really expect much, tbh
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #472
country flag azdaja

azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute azdaja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
Ana doesn´t have to aim to be no. 1 there´s no reason for that she´s not in that position and form that she should think about being no. 1... there should be some other goals to reach and they should be reaching the top 10 and then try to win a Grand Slam... being no. 1 is not needed in my opinion because she reached that in the past and she can focus on more important goals.... Ana has still a lot of work ahead of herself and she´s on the right way to reach the top 10 this season....
i agree with this. ranking is now relevant only in the sense that she needs to be as close to the top in order to get good draws at tournaments and in order to qualify for yec but #1 ranking is irrelevant. she's been there, done that. now it's all about getting to the top 10 or even better top 8 and perhaps winning a tournament again. then she might become a gs contender again.

it was still a good month for her. she will be #14 in the world on monday and #9 in the race if i got it right. pretty much all the players close to her in the ranking have more points to defend on clay than she does. with a little bit of luck and a lot of hard work she can return to the top 10 now.
azdaja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #473
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
To give herself the best possible chance of having a good clay season I believe that she needs to add a smaller tournament to her schedule too. I agree with you Cajka that she needs to play the top players more often, and hopefully playing them on clay will help her chances, BUT: she's playing Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid. Stuttgart is packed with top players, and she is very like to meet a top player by R4 in Rome/Madrid. To give herself the best possible chance of winning these matches she needs to be confident and in form, and imo the best way to do that is to play something smaller and make a sf/f/or even win a title. I understand that it's probably not even possible because she's playing fed cup.

FWIW, I do tend to agree with JAS about the mentality thing. I'm really curious as to how the rest of this season is going to play out now.
I saw the entry list for Stuttgart. In Rome and Madrid she can have a tough draw again. But, of course, I really hope that choking against the biggest choker ever (BMS) is not an option anymore.

Last edited by Cajka : Mar 28th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 03:50 AM   #474
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I saw the entry list for Stuttgart. In Rome and Madrid she can have a tough draw again. But, of course, I really hope that choking against the biggest choker ever (BMS) is not an option anymore.
Yes that was disgusting!