Ana's post AO swing (up to IW/Miami) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 12:20 AM   #16
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana's post AO swing (up to IW/Miami)

Doha has so many withdrawals now. It would be nice if Ana could vulture this tournament a la Woz or Rad
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #17
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Beating Radwanska would be a gem for me.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #18
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

"Out of sight, out of mind", Ana needs to be concerned about her fan bases.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #19
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
From Facebook:
Quote:
Ana Ivanovic
I'm soon leaving for Doha. Unfortunately the Middle East has not been a great place for me in terms of results, even though I always enjoy visiting. I'm determined to put that right this year!
Now go do that, Ana.
I like the sound of this. She sounds resolute and positive. Her language usually is filled with "I hope", "I plan" and other fuzzy phrases. OR total delusion. This seems to be neither. Hoping she spent her time practicing and is finally ready to build on some semblance of consistency she had over the last half a year and take it to the next level so she can do some real damage later this year.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #20
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana gets Carla Suarez Navarro in R1.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #21
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad draw. If Ana is sharp Suarez Navarro's balls should actually bounce nicely into her strike zone. That said, it's often windy in Doha so that MAY be a problem if Suarez Navarro decides that she wants to play defensively instead.
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #22
evana

evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold evana is a splendid one to behold

her draw is ok I guess. CSN is a tricky player but Ana should beat her. Then probably Cetkovska Ana has to avenge that Wimbledon loss. Ajde Ana
evana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #23
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

She is a favourite over Suarez Navarro, let me remember you that Ana reached the 4th round of the last Slam tournament. Suarez Navarro is always a tricky player with an interesting game, but Ana can overpower her easily from her striking zone. This is a good draw in Doha, Stosur is playing badly and Cetkovska is everything but a real threat these days.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #24
country flag gloria7

gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all gloria7 is a name known to all

Stosur/Jarka/Sorana in the 3rd R, Vera/Cibulkova/Flavia in the QF, CW/Bartoli in the SF.

Pavs is #15 with 2735 pts, and Ana is #18 with 2535 pts. So 200 pts separate Ana from the top15.

( Winner gets 900 pts, finalist 620, SF 394, QF 225, 3rd R 125 and 2nd R 70 points.)
gloria7 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #25
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

So, she needs the QF. Good luck, Ana.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #26
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

It's a match I think she needs to win in order to not lose a lot of confidence. Carla was quite bad for a while but seems to be turning it around, so this is a little bit of a dangerous draw for Ana. People will expect Ana to win but Carla might be able to put up a fight. Carla will be looking for the backhand to backhand match up, and Ana needs to avoid that by serving well and controlling the points with her fh.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #27
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

It's not bad draw. But we'll see. Hope she can win few matches. God knows she needs it.
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #28
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sad for CSN, but I think that Ana was really OK. In the beginning her game looked weird, but it became better after few games. She moves well too.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #29
InsideOut.

InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute InsideOut. has a reputation beyond repute

How did she play? I missed the match.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #30
country flag Cajka

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut. View Post
How did she play? I missed the match.
Good really. First serve was good, forehand was great, bh was decent, movement was solid. Passing shots were... There were no chokes, pushing fests, it was drama-free.

And, LOL

Quote:
@FortyDeuceTwits
Nigel Sears: The only man in the world who doesn't want to talk to Ana Ivanovic. "I want to go back."
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!