Looking into the Future: Total Slam wins - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:15 AM   #1
country flag tennis aus

tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of
Looking into the Future: Total Slam wins

Looking into the Future: Total Slam wins

What are your predictions for the following players' Grand Slam totals(singles only) in their careers?

Serena Williams currently has 7 slams.

Venus Williams currently has 5 slams.

Justine Henin Hardenne currently has 4 slams.

Maria Sharapova and Kim Clijsters has 1 slam each.

Your bold Predictions on how many slams they will end up with:

1. Serena--7 + ? = ?
2. Venus--5 + ? = ?
3. Justine--4 + ? = ?
4. Maria --1 + ? = ?
5. Kim--1 + ? = ?
6. other players ???
tennis aus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:21 AM   #2
country flag KimC&MariaSNo1's

KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute
a post without Monica wow im shocked.

I think Serena will end her career with 11 she will win another Aussie, Wimnbledon and 2 US Opens.

Venus will end hers with 8 she will win an Aussie a French and another Wimbledon.

Justine will have another 4 French Opens and possibly a US Open making her total 9.

Maria will win a total of 13 Slams in her career winning the Aussie 3 times Wimbledon 5 times US Open 4 times i doubt she will ever win French.

Kim will end hers with 5 winnig 2 Aussie Opens a Wimbledon and another US Open by end of next year.

Davenport might wend hers with another one but that might be the last one it could be at Wimbledon but not quite sure.
KimC&MariaSNo1's is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #3
country flag tennis aus

tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of tennis aus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimC&MariaSNo1's
a post without Monica wow im shocked.
An obsessive Graf-anatic posting in a non Steffi Graf worship and Monica bashing thread is more SHOCKING don't you think?

You just can't help in bringing up Monica...do you?
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:41 AM   #4
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Serena - 11
Venus - 8
JHH - 7

I'm not going to speculate on one slam wonders. Let them separate themsleves from the pack with that second slam, then I'll think about it. Every player who wins one slam does not win two. Look at Sabatini.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:44 AM   #5

KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute KimC&MariaSNo1's has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis aus
An obsessive Graf-anatic posting in a non Steffi Graf worship and Monica bashing thread is more SHOCKING don't you think?

You just can't help in bringing up Monica...do you?
I Love Monica Seles shes a awesome champion ill bring her up if i want too.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:46 AM   #6
country flag tennis aus

Quote:
I Love Monica Seles shes a awesome champion ill bring her up if i want too.
but this thread is NOT about Seles, Graf or Parche... idiot Graf-anatic!
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 05:52 AM   #7

Quote:
but this thread is NOT about Seles, Graf or Parche... idiot Graf-anatic!
i say we call a truce cause i cant be bothered anymore i like em both and i dont want to argue so what do you say.

on topic depending on how Myskina plays she might win another slam or 2 but no clue which ones possibly Aus open shes done well there in the past.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:01 AM   #8
country flag tennis aus

Quote:
i say we call a truce cause i cant be bothered anymore i like em both and i dont want to argue so what do you say.
dont worry--I hardly even NOTICED your presence - you are like the wall flower to me in a dark , dark room with flashing, turning lights full of more exciting things.

now back to the topic in this thread.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:03 AM   #9

Quote:
dont worry--I hardly even NOTICED your presence - you are like the wall flower to me in a dark , dark room with flashing, turning lights full of more exciting things.

now back to the topic in this thread.
im sure thats why you replied to like every single post of mine.

whatever then.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:09 AM   #10
country flag tennis aus

Quote:
im sure thats why you replied to like every single post of mine.

whatever then.
one of the few things that I really despise in this world are dumb obssessive idiots like you. so from this point on, it's best that you don't correspond with me.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:09 AM   #11
country flag Geisha

Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute
1. Serena--7 + ? = ?
2. Venus--5 + ? = ?
3. Justine--4 + ? = ?
4. Maria --1 + ? = ?
5. Kim--1 + ? = ?
6. other players ???

Serena Williams It's obvious that Serena has the best record of anyone during the last couple of years, and it is obvious that she is bound to win many, many more Slams if her body holds up. I think it will in upcoming years and I give her four more Slam wins in the next four years, until she hangs up her rackets.

Venus Williams Who knows? I think she is more committed to tennis than her younger sister and I think 2006 will be very, very good to her. I say six more Slams, three Wimbledons and US Opens...maybe an Australian Open, until she retires.

Justine Henin-Hardenne She can win a couple more, for sure. She'll win at least four more French Opens until she retires, which will probably be in like, eight years. She is so talented on the clay court of France. I stick with four more Slams.

Kim Clijsters Maybe one or two more. Sooner or later, people are going to realize how she wins and I see only a couple of Australian or French Opens in the near future. Venus, Serena, Maria, and Justine will be too tough.

Maria Sharapova Man...she's got talent. If her body holds up, I think she can win at least six Slams until the end of her career, followed by incredible and consistent seasons, even better than the ones in 2004 and 2005. She deserves to be recognized.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:10 AM   #12
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute
Wow KimC&MariaSNo1's, that's a lot of slams for Maria! You really think she'll win that much? Anyway my predictions:

Serena - I think she'll go on to win 3-4 more bringing her total to 10-11.
Venus - I see about 2-3 more for a total of 7-8.
Justine - 4 more for a total of 8.
Kim - 2-3 more for a total of 3-4. This is if she retires in 2 years like she says she will.
Maria - I think at the end of her career, given that she stays until her mid-late 20s and given that her pec injury doesn't hamper her progress, she'll probably win a total of about 6-8. If she improves next year, I could see her even reaching 10 but that's probably the fan in me talking.
Lindsay - I think she has one more slam in her. And I do hope she does win one more though before she retires. She deserves it.
Mary Pierce- Probably 1-2 more...hopefully even at least one more.
Amelie - Well, we're still waiting for her first and hopefully she gets it but judging by the way her career has gone so far, I'd say she'll probably win a total of 2 if she works really hard.

I hope Elena D. goes on to win at least 1...haha...but in total I think if she puts everything together, she could win 2-3 at the most.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:21 AM   #13

i think Maria if she can come into her own will be able to win that many.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:43 AM   #14
country flag bellascarlett

bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute bellascarlett has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i think Maria if she can come into her own will be able to win that many.
I hope so. I do believe in her and her potential. But winning for her also depends on her competition. Right now I dont see anyone younger than her who can be that much of a threat and who is more talented. Vaidisova has the powerful strokes and the huge serve but still has to prove herself against the elite players but is the most likely of the younger players to pose a threat to Maria. Anyway, we'll see how next year goes...
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 06:50 AM   #15
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute
Serena will have the most. About 7 more before her Nike contract ends and she retires. I mean, look @ the way she pulled Australia out of her ass in January. And She won 5 slams in 15 months, she can do 7 more before the end of her contract/career.

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote