Taylor Townsend Thread - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #706
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taylor Townsend Thread

She Won 7-6 6-1
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2014, 07:50 PM   #707
country flag dynamoRockstarr
Venus Fan

dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute dynamoRockstarr has a reputation beyond repute

I hope there's highlights for this match

Good win

Planet Venus

[SouthSide, Duval, Keys, Stephens]
dynamoRockstarr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 08:38 PM   #708
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Go Taylor!!

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #709
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Great win. Not as tough as I thought it would be.
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2014, 11:21 PM   #710
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Taylor
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #711
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Taylor!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #712
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Taylor Townsend, 17, earns confidence-boosting win over Karin Knapp

Quote:
INDIAN WELLS, Calif. — There’s just something about the desert air that suits Taylor Townsend.

The 17-year-old American wild card beat No. 49 Karin Knapp 7-6 (1), 6-1 on Thursday in the first round of the BNP Paribas Open, her first WTA victory since defeating Lucie Hradecka here last year in her tour debut.

Townsend, ranked No. 337, split last season between the junior and senior tours. Her best result came at Wimbledon, where she made the girls’ final and lost to junior No. 1 Belinda Bencic. After falling in the final round of qualifying at the U.S. Open, she finished the season on the ITF circuit, going 0-4.

But it’s not necessarily about results for Townsend right now. She is dividing her training between Chicago and Washington, D.C., where she’s coached by Zina Garrison, and says the biggest improvement in her game over the last year has been mental.

“My coaches and I have been stressing being very mentally tough and learning the game, learning how things work,” she said. “We’ve been watching a lot of matches and trying to understand how to play when pressure hits, how to play when you’re up, how to play when you’re down. Things like that.”

That showed in her scratchy win over Knapp. The two combined for 53 unforced errors to just 12 winners in the first set and Townsend struggled to consolidate her three breaks of serve. Knapp, an Italian veteran who came within a few points of defeating Maria Sharapova at the Australian Open, let Townsend off the hook in the tiebreaker as she continued to struggle with her rhythm off the ground. Ugly or not, a win is a win and it’s a confidence booster for Townsend.

“I’m happy with my progress as far as where I’ve been going and what I’ve been doing,” Townsend said. “I’ve been putting in a lot of hard work and a lot of long hours both on and off the court. So I’ve grown as both a person and a player.”

Gone are the braces that were her signature look — along with the ever-present bow in her hair — and her poise in interviews belies her age. She still has a teenager’s quick-fire speech, but there’s a confidence in how she holds herself.

“I’ve had a year to adjust to being on the pro circuit, even though last year I played juniors,” Townsend said. “But I think I belong, definitely. I wouldn’t be here sitting in this room if I didn’t think I belonged.”

Then again, there’s no hiding that underneath all that grown-up bravado is a wide-eyed teenager. Townsend is an unabashed Roger Federer worshiper and he just happened to walk through the interview room during her news conference. Townsend kept her cool and carried on with her answer, but finally caved when he left.

“I tried not to look!” she said, giggling. “I was like, Oh God, focus Taylor, focus. That’s what I’ve been working on! Focus, please.”

Townsend will play No. 21 Flavia Pennetta in the second round.
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 06:00 AM   #713
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Great win Tay Tay

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 11:24 AM   #714
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Taylor definitely had a shot at winning this one. Unfortunately couldn't hold when she had a break.
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #715
country flag Trey

Tough lost but put up an great fight. it be nice if she can get an MDWC or QWC into Miami
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 02:50 PM   #716
country flag Trey

Got an QWC in the Family Circle Cup

From Twitter

Quote:
4 days til the Cup. Our 4 qualifying WCs are: Taylor Townsend, Grace Min, Ellie Halbauer & Alicia Black!
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #717
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Taylor

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2014, 11:35 PM   #718
country flag Trey

Family Circle Cup Qualifying Draw

(8)Alizé Lim v (wc)Taylor Townsend
Jarmila Gajdosova v (16)Tamira Paszek
Old Mar 29th, 2014, 10:47 PM   #719
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Taylor wins in 3 sets. Gets the winner of Jarmila G. and Tamira Paszek. It'll tough to emerge from qualies with either player, tho' I like both Jarmila and Tamira, wishing that all 3 could make the main draw at Charleston. Yet, hope Taylor prevails, nevertheless.....
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #720
country flag Trey

Playing Double's with Genie again here the draw

Double

(1)Su-Wei Hsieh/Shuai Peng v Marina Erakovic/Arantxa Parra Santonja
Anabel Medina Garrigues/Yaroslava Shvedova v (wc)Eugenie Bouchard/Taylor Townsend
(3)Raquel Kops-Jones/Abigail Spears v Vania King/Barbora Zahlavova Strycova
Liezel Huber/Lisa Raymond v (wc)Jelena Janković /Andrea Petkovic