Taylor Townsend Thread - Page 39 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #571
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all
Re: Taylor Townsend Thread

GL Taylor! Great game and showing the naysayers! better fitness will come in time keep working at it!
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #572
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Fell to Chanel, 26 62 57.

Still a great learning experience for her!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 11:36 PM   #573
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Chanel Simmonds def Taylor Townsend 2-6 6-2 5-7 was up 4-1 in the third hoping she an LL

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 11:42 PM   #574
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Yes, great learning experience.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 11:54 PM   #575
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Is it Possible she can get an LL since Maria not Playing

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #576
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Is it Possible she can get an LL since Maria not Playing
No, only top 4 (of 16) FQR ranked losers go into the pot.

But, she did today get a WC into doubles (with Mal Burdette). Really interested to see how they do!
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #577
country flag Trey

That Great News too hear her Playing Dubs with Mal, But this is a great learning experience for her, I think come next year she might be in an MD for an Slam

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #578
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Up 4-1 in the 3rd, Taylor should have finished this match. 60 gifts is self-whipping.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #579
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

Poor Taylor, really blew this opportunity. Watched most of the match. Was proud of how she turned it around after the first set. However, in the third she was just trying to get it over, lost focus of the moment, and tons of unnecessary errors. The premature "come on's" got old quick. Especially the one where she hit the volley then turned and yelled before the point was even over. Simmonds almost made her pay there and most in the elite would have.

Learning experience right here. Hopefully this unnecessary defeat will be a catalyst to mature her. The talent is all there just need a few more pieces to fall into place.
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #580
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

She has a chance to redeem herself in the juniors tournament!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #581
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute
She can be LL still right?

I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #582
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
She can be LL still right?

no
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #583
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute
Why?
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #584
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
Why?
Random draw of the top 4 final qualifying round ranked losers. Mayr won the random draw and got in as a LL.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #585
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by goOudinUSA View Post
She has a chance to redeem herself in the juniors tournament!
Maybe personally.

IMHO, this is what I dislike in this allowance of being able to "fall back" on juniors. I don't think it serve any real person for someone that has and can be competitive on the pro circuit. I'd rather her find some 50 or 75K tournament to play, if possible. I think as harsh as it may come across the sting of this loss should spur her on in becoming a professional. Not what I see as hiding out in the juniors. Maybe that is just me.

Anyway, chin up Taylor!
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote