Paris GDF SUEZ 2012 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #31
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold
Re: Paris GDF SUEZ 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
So she has the past FedCup sickness... just kidding

Coming from +30 Australia to -15 Germany, it`s not unusual to get sick!?
Handling about 50 degrees temperature difference certainly isn`t that easy.
But it would have been nice to see her facing Pova again
Hope she gets well soon.
I thank many players have the past tournament sickness

I think Mike meant it is usual to get sick coming through so many degrees or not?
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #32
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
I thank many players have the past tournament sickness
Already four seeded players out due to injury or sickness in Paris. This sucks!
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #33
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
Already four seeded players out due to injury or sickness in Paris. This sucks!
I think a lot of the injuries, illnesses etc. have a lot to do with players coming from the harsh heat of the Australian Summer to the minus Winter temps of Europe. The WTA roadmap is so wrong. Paris should be towards the end of the year with Linz, Moscow etc. That's only one of the problems. Having Fed Cup so soon after AO is harsh, and don't even get me started on both the WTA and ATP slowing down courts and therefore causing more injuries to players. It's such a mess. There's a reason players are getting injured more than ever. [/rant]
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #34
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
I think a lot of the injuries, illnesses etc. have a lot to do with players coming from the harsh heat of the Australian Summer to the minus Winter temps of Europe. The WTA roadmap is so wrong. Paris should be towards the end of the year with Linz, Moscow etc. That's only one of the problems. Having Fed Cup so soon after AO is harsh, and don't even get me started on both the WTA and ATP slowing down courts and therefore causing more injuries to players. It's such a mess. There's a reason players are getting injured more than ever. [/rant]
Oh, I must have missed that. Why are slow courts more dangerous? Can someone enlighten me?
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #35
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojobackhand View Post
Oh, I must have missed that. Why are slow courts more dangerous? Can someone enlighten me?
Points are longer and players have to put more grind on their bodies to win. When I played tennis I hated to play on slow hardcourts and actually hurt my ankle pretty bad on the surface-- twice. There is a reason I don't play tennis anymore.

But this article explains it pretty well: http://tennis.about.com/od/racquetsb...s-and-cons.htm
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #36
country flag Mojobackhand

Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold Mojobackhand is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Points are longer and players have to put more grind on their bodies to win. When I played tennis I hated to play on slow hardcourts and actually hurt my ankle pretty bad on the surface-- twice. There is a reason I don't play tennis anymore.

But this article explains it pretty well: http://tennis.about.com/od/racquetsb...s-and-cons.htm
Thanks!
Mojobackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #37
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks, interesting read!