Small question: Why was vBetting removed? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #1
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Small question: Why was vBetting removed?

So I just have a small question.

I know vBetting was available up until about early 2008, when WTAW changed names to TF and the betting was disabled.
But why was it disabled? I mean, MTF still have theirs...

Thanks in advanced.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #2
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Small question: Why was vBetting removed?

Because the WTA told us to remove it (and change our name) or they would sue us.
It was around that time that the hype about betting in tennis, and how much of a problem it was, was quite big, and they didn't want to be associated with it at all.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #3
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow that's harsh. Clearly the ATP doesn't have the same issues...

Well, thanks for the asnwers

My Youtube Channel
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #4
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
Because the WTA told us to remove it (and change our name) or they would sue us.
It was around that time that the hype about betting in tennis, and how much of a problem it was, was quite big, and they didn't want to be associated with it at all.
I can see asking for a name change so as not to be connected with "betting", but how could they sue you for betting with play money once you changed the name? The whole activity of betting for fake money is so innocuous...
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #5
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Robertson View Post
I can see asking for a name change so as not to be connected with "betting", but how could they sue you for betting with play money once you changed the name? The whole activity of betting for fake money is so innocuous...
VerticalScope agreed (in the settlement agreement) to remove vBookie and not to have any sort of simulated
wagering or gambling on the website.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #6
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

It was really my fault. There was a big scandal when I bet not only all my V-cash, but the kids' entire college fund on Elena Dementieva to win the 2008 U.S. Open. The scandal being that it was Dave's kids' college fund.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #7
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
It was really my fault. There was a big scandal when I bet not only all my V-cash, but the kids' entire college fund on Elena Dementieva to win the 2008 U.S. Open. The scandal being that it was Dave's kids' college fund.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #8
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Max.

My Youtube Channel
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #9
country flag HawkAussie

HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of

Well can we at least have it back becuase these credits are just going to go up and up and up and up until all the top posters have 1,000,000 credits. What are you meant to do with these credits.
HawkAussie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #10
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point

You're not meant to do anything with them, they're just there as a relic of a bygone era.
Kart is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 09:49 PM   #11
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Random question... Why was the politics subforum removed?
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 10:09 PM   #12
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

^
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450932

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 11:03 PM   #13
country flag Yasmine
Somewhere over the rainbow.

Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450919
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread