Why does Sharapova represent Russia when she lives in the United States? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #1
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold
Why does Sharapova represent Russia when she lives in the United States?

Does anyone know if Maria Sharapova is an American citizen or not or a permanent resident? I ask this question because I think it is bizarre that Sharapova represents Russia yet lives in the United States? Sharapova doesn't even live in Russia and she hardly visits there. Why live in America, get training in America yet play for Russia? It seems hypocritical. On the ATP Tour a Russian born play raised in the States I think his name is Alex something is being sued by the USTA they want their money back. Alex wants to represent Russia in the Olympics and Davis Cup yet he got support from the USTA.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #2
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why does Sharapova represent Russia when she lives in the United States?

She is not the only one, why single her out?

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #3
country flag Polikarpov

Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute Polikarpov has a reputation beyond repute

Polikarpov is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #4
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Does anyone know if Maria Sharapova is an American citizen or not or a permanent resident? I ask this question because I think it is bizarre that Sharapova represents Russia yet lives in the United States? Sharapova doesn't even live in Russia and she hardly visits there. Why live in America, get training in America yet play for Russia? It seems hypocritical. On the ATP Tour a Russian born play raised in the States I think his name is Alex something is being sued by the USTA they want their money back. Alex wants to represent Russia in the Olympics and Davis Cup yet he got support from the USTA.
The difference being that Maria never got support from the USTA, she and Yuri had to pay their own way through the fares for Bollettieri's...
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #5
country flag hobahobaspirit

hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold hobahobaspirit is a splendid one to behold

This is soooo 2004
hobahobaspirit is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #6
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Because Sharapova is the most famous and I think the most hypocritical. Why live in America, benefit from American endorsements, training ect yet represent Russia? Sharapova has the money why doesn't she live in Moscow? She claims to be a proud Russian yet wants American wealth. I think I see why other Russians such as Myskina and Dementieva criticized Sharapova for not being a real Russian. Myskina, Zvonarevia, Safina, and Dementieva still live in Russia and they have property and Russia and I believe Kuznetsova also has property and lives in St. Petersburg. But Sharapova the only thing Russian about her is her last name.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #7
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Maria has never got any support from either USTA or US governments, period.
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #8
country flag ACEof DIAMONDS

ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold

ACEof DIAMONDS is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #9
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because Sharapova is the most famous and I think the most hypocritical. Why live in America, benefit from American endorsements, training ect yet represent Russia? Sharapova has the money why doesn't she live in Moscow. I think I see why other Russians such as Myskina and Dementieva criticized Sharapova for not being a real Russian. Myskina and Dementieva still have property and Russia and I believe Kuznetsova also has property and lives in St. Petersburg. But Sharapova the only thing Russian about her is her last name.
I CAN'T

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #10
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

why are we singling her out when countless players dont actually live in the country they play for?
misty1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #11
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Morrissey
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #12
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Quote:
She has stated that she is 100 % Russian,so why bother asking questions like this...Obviously,not everyone who lives in US wants to become an American!

Bogomolov is returning their passport in exchange for Russian!
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #13
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Really now?
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:53 AM   #14
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to 2012 and welcome to the world... you know Pennetta lived in Barcelona and now she resides in Switzerland?
Or Wozniacki and Azarenka and Djokovic officially reside in Montecarlo..

edit: how stupid of me writing all this I should have just posted a facepalm pic
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #15
Adal

Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute Adal has a reputation beyond repute

Wow is this 2004?
Closed Thread