British versus Belgians - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:44 PM   #1
country flag Mercury Rising
Team WTAworld
Destroyer of the Ring

Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of
British versus Belgians

I just saw a talkshow on tv, and the subject was amazing to me. apparently the British detest us
According to a Belgian teaching in England the English (or British) press is very negative about everything that is Belgian. There was even a headline saying that Belgium is the centre of all evil, even more than Irak is.
Ofcourse you also have the famous joke: name 5 famous Belgians and then they don't know any and they LTAO.
When we do have something good they try to minimise it, like painters and architecture. Then it's original based in the Netherlands.
Oh and we should be lucky cause the British saved our ass over and over again in history. Like the two WW's.
This teacher made a book about this, trying to comprehense where this aversion comes from.

How do the British see this I wonder.

Member of Justine Philistines' Society
Mercury Rising is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:45 PM   #2
country flag BritneySpearsIsHot

BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future
Never heard of that one I quite like the Belgians for what it is worth

Never heard a bad thing said about Belgium
BritneySpearsIsHot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:49 PM   #3
country flag Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold
This is the first I've heard of it and I live there!!

Whatever talk show this is, is obviously very misleading.

In the North-East, Belgium and The Netherlands are really popular places.

Centre of all evil my arse.........

JELENA JANKOVIC TATIANA GOLOVIN

ANA IVANOVIC FLAVIA PENNETTA

NICOLE VAIDISOVA MARIA SHARAPOVA
Dirty Sanchez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:51 PM   #4
country flag raquel

raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute
Centre of evil?! I do not know any British people who think anything like that!

raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:53 PM   #5

BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future BritneySpearsIsHot has a brilliant future
I just realised, I live in England (no, i know that) but my flag has gone missing i will see if i can get it back
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:54 PM   #6
Team WTAworld
Destroyer of the Ring

Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of Mercury Rising has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Clijsters Fan
This is the first I've heard of it and I live there!!

Whatever talk show this is, is obviously very misleading.

In the North-East, Belgium and The Netherlands are really popular places.

Centre of all evil my arse.........
Well I don't think she's lying, the teacher that is.
The talk-show itself has nothing to do with it. Their several guest in it.
Do any Brits know Frank De Winne?

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:56 PM   #7
country flag Dahveed
Supposed Former
Administrator

Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute Dahveed has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the English hated us? The French!
Dahveed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:56 PM   #8

Who?
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:56 PM   #9
Team WTAworld
Destroyer of the Ring

Quote:
Originally posted by raquel
Centre of evil?! I do not know any British people who think anything like that!
That was just a joke-headline or something, they compared Iraq with Belgium.

This person is probably egagerating a lot.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 09:59 PM   #10

The English in general hate no-one

But the feeling i get is alot of English dislike (These aren't neccesary my views)

Germans - maybe cos of the war?
Italians - Slimy
Turks - Has to do with Turks stabbing Leeds fans
French - Smelly
USA - 'We Rule, how dare anyone look down on us'
Aussies - Arrogant

Dunno any others?????

Anyone

As i say, not my views neccessairily but i know alot of people who think that about the nations listed
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:08 PM   #11
country flag Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold Dirty Sanchez is a splendid one to behold
I'dve said France & Spain seem to be the nations people aren't too keen on. Australia are as well yet the USA are definitely becoming challengers!

JELENA JANKOVIC TATIANA GOLOVIN

ANA IVANOVIC FLAVIA PENNETTA

NICOLE VAIDISOVA MARIA SHARAPOVA
Dirty Sanchez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:11 PM   #12

Spain? What they slimy too (reputedly ) ?
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:49 PM   #13
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
Quote:
The English (or British) press is very negative about everything that is Belgian. There was even a headline saying that Belgium is the centre of all evil, even more than Irak is.
I've never read a headline that says ANYthing like that, and I've lived in Britain for all my life.
The British press DOES however regard Belgium as a pretty 'boring' place.
We had an advert for a car (possibly a Renault or something similar), and the advert was:
'Belgium. The roads are straight, the rivers are straight.........even the corners are straight.'
Quote:
Of course you also have the famous joke: name 5 famous Belgians and then they don't know any and they LTAO.

Actually, that IS a very funny joke.
But in Liverpool, we have a slight variation:
'What's the shortest book in the world? The book of famous Belgians.'

Another one is:
'What's the shortest book in the world? The book of great Italian war heros.'

Bloody funny if you ask me
Quote:
But the feeling i get is alot of English dislike (These aren't neccesary my views)

Italians - Slimy
French - Smelly
Aussies - Arrogant
I quite like Germany, and the Germans that I've met.
I don't like Italians however. A bunch of wusses, all of them
I also like Turkey, and want them to join the EU (I hate Leeds)
The USA? I don't like the country. Most of the people however, don't bother me 'too' much.
Aussies? Yes. They're arrogant. They have the cheek to call us 'POMs'
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:00 PM   #14
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Britney_SMG_MJH
The English in general hate no-one

Italians - Slimy
French - Smelly
Aussies - Arrogant

Dunno any others?????

Anyone

As i say, not my views neccessairily but i know alot of people who think that about the nations listed
Maybe the British dislike the Aussies coz the Aussies always beat the British in sport!

I never heard anyone in England say anything bad about Belgians (yes, I have been to England quite alot as all my rellies live there).

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:02 PM   #15
country flag DutchieGirl
On tour

DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute DutchieGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Clijsters Fan
I'dve said France & Spain seem to be the nations people aren't too keen on. Australia are as well yet the USA are definitely becoming challengers!
lol Just wanna say that alot of Aussies are peeved at our govt right now, so please don't judge us on what the ass we have for a PM does!

She & Him @ Melkweg "The Max", Amsterdam 6th May 2010
DutchieGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote