Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #31
country flag Vaxey

Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute Vaxey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
The probably thought they were doing her a favor.
this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #32
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucemferre View Post
Not the best examples surely.I'm not saying they don'twork hard but they are often criticised even here for being part time players. Don't expect fans of men's only tennis to be impressed by these two. My point was more about the one sided physical attraction between fans and their favorite players.
Don't tell me you like Simon for his tennis
the problem is we only see oncourt effort. it is obvious from the pics of serena recently she has been working hard in the off season. yeah people will mock womens tennis because they will only see serena and kim seemingly rock upto slams win them and then not been seen again for a month. when we know they have had to put in a shit load of time and practice to win those slams.

what i have loved with this oz open so far is the practice vids posted by them. you are seeing much more behind the scenes at the effort that goes into being ready for the oz open. also the streaming of some qualifying matches, so you can see what effort goes into just qualifying for a slam.

i love simon's tennis, he is my chak of the mens tour, all about counterpunching and using other pace and redirecting it. yep he is hot, but he is nothing like the nadal's or verdasco's huge topspin heavy tennis that i often find boring. simon is hot, but that is an added bonus, i mean he isn't in david boreanaz league for me hotness wise, if i need to get my yaya's out over a celeb there are plenty out there to chose from.

del potro is my other male fave, love his ball striking, to me looks so clean. flat lovely hitting, again not the huge topspin that i find offputting.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #33
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Is their new sponsor Max Factor or Maybelline?

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #34
country flag AlexB

AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of

these boards are populated by die hard tennis fans. The wta wants to appeal to more than the die hards who will follow every tournament and know every player in the top 300, so they have to use everything to their advantage and the beauty of some females in the wta tour is a big advantage.

Like it or not, the tennis itself is not enough.

and the photos are different so until we see the same photo there is no way to tell

Anastasia Myskina - 2004 French Open Champion
Member of the 2004 Fed Cup Champions
Member of the 2005 Fed Cup Champions
AlexB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #35
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

I think they just didn't want to make her skin a talking point/make the first page more presentable. It's not a big deal. It's not like they gave her additional boobs.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #36
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
and the photos are different so until we see the same photo there is no way to tell

Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #37
country flag matthias
Gaspa's Hubby

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPetko View Post
Is their new sponsor Max Factor or Maybelline?
Oriflame is a sponsor
and Photoshop will be the new mainsponsor from 2013 on
Photoshop WTA-Tour
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #38
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

She should really try to do something about her acne. But maybe the medication is banned in sports?
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:48 PM   #39
country flag AlexB

AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of AlexB has much to be proud of

that does look persuasive.

Still, no big deal. Like it or not, the wta is going to sell looks. That is a fact.

Anastasia Myskina - 2004 French Open Champion
Member of the 2004 Fed Cup Champions
Member of the 2005 Fed Cup Champions
AlexB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #40
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

They photoshop (almost) every photo they put there of people, even when they use stars like Masha and Serena.

Deal wit it.
MB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #41
country flag New_balls_please

New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute New_balls_please has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santana Lopez View Post
So mean to her
+ 1, although she probably don't give a damn.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #42
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

If an ATP player had acne, I doubt anyone would find it necessary to airbrush it out of a photo.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #43
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
They photoshop (almost) every photo they put there of people, even when they use stars like Masha and Serena.

Deal wit it.
Exactly. I mean if you look at the players profile pictures on the WTA site, you´d think it´s the Playboy convention or something.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #44
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_P View Post
She should really try to do something about her acne. But maybe the medication is banned in sports?
If you take Roaccutan/Isitretinoin you will get rid of your acne within six months. However, there are a lot of side effects, you have to have your blood checked every 4 weeks because it can damage the liver. Also your skin will dry out and you will have sjorgren syndrom like symptoms because it does exactly what sjorgren does: dries out mouth and eyes and nose and also the skin but it also makes your bones ache. The latter is probably the most difficult for a professional athlete.

I took these pills early enough when I was like 16 and I was playing competitive Junior tennis every day. It does hurt your knees and such but the amount of excercises I did is definitely not as much as a pro like Mona has to do every day. That's why she probably does not consider taking these pills, because it would make her play less and worse tennis.
Also, since she has had this bad skin already for a very long time I think it is too late to heal it that way without scars remaining. I was lucky that my young skin did not leave visible scars but I fear that Mona waited too long

But the recent success in tennis will restore her self-confidence in all belongings so thats another thing why I enjoy to see her winning so much

***EDIT*** What I forgot to say is that it also requires the patient to stay out of the sun. And that, of course, is maybe the main reason why Mona decides against this Therapy.
( check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin )

Last edited by davidmario : Jan 14th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
davidmario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #45
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
If an ATP player had acne, I doubt anyone would find it necessary to airbrush it out of a photo.
That's probably true, but also the fans wouldn't have cared, made threads about it and repeatedly called him "ugly" or all of that stuff. There's a double standard for sure, but it doesn't have to do as much with the WTA; I think they're just being practical.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote