Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face? - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #136
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did the WTA airbrush Barthel's face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthcrystal View Post
NO ONE here knows the story behind this (if the photo's truly been manipulated) and the assumptions and recriminations really seem to me to be over the top.

Seriously people. We've got a major starting in a couple of hours, and this is what you're talking about? Oh, well, it's your time...
if you look through the thread you will see the original pic and the photoshopped version side by side. it is very very obvious it has been photoshopped.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #137
country flag earthcrystal

earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future earthcrystal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
if you look through the thread you will see the original pic and the photoshopped version side by side. it is very very obvious it has been photoshopped.
I couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread because the recurring theme of "how dare they?!" was a bit much for me.

I'll take your word for it (thanks), however, that it was, indeed, changed to remove Mona's unfortunate skin problems. My assertion was that no one knows the truth behind this...i.e. whether or not she was asked permission, whether or not she likes or is angry about the end result, etc. (and that remains the same).

I find the self-righteous speculations a bit much. That's all. Moving on.
earthcrystal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #138
country flag pollison

pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold pollison is a splendid one to behold

The WTA is shocking. I know Caroline has reasonably good skin but this image is soo clearly airbrushed!!

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201209...256076_2927242
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #139
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollison View Post
The WTA is shocking. I know Caroline has reasonably good skin but this image is soo clearly airbrushed!!

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #140
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
The probably thought they were doing her a favor.
And they did!!
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:03 PM   #141
country flag Passierschlag

Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know what to think about it.
Passierschlag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:14 PM   #142
country flag VIKANADAL01

VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
IF the wta has photoshopped mona what more proof do people need the wta is only intrested in the image and style of the players not their personalities and how they play. i mean this is a tour sponsored by a make up company.

the wta is all about sex, image and putting on a front, it is so annoying for real tennis fans.
really sad but totally true.
That's the world where we live.
VIKANADAL01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:23 PM   #143
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

quite the thread bump

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM   #144
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of

I think the WTA would love to choose players for their looks instead of their talents.

Lots of great champions then would never have been allowed to play. There are socalled sexy players who play boring tennis and ordinary looking players who play or played sexy tennis.
I know which matches I would watch, this is probably the reason for lots of empty stands throughout the years.
Wimbledon9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM   #145
country flag $uricate
FlopKing.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollison View Post

Caroline Captures Korean Hearts & Seoul?

Oh yeah Seoul sounds like soul. I get it!

Bet nobody has ever made that link.

Groundbreaking

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #146
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Barthel after winning Paris (2012)

Is it just me or did they do it AGAIN?
Also the pics from the final that have been uploaded on the WTA website look photoshopped.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #147
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

they did it again
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #148
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely pathetic.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #149
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Is her skin still that terrible? Any video clips?
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #150
country flag Blind Watchmaker

Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute Blind Watchmaker has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's appropriate.