YOUR favourite Aga matches? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2014, 06:35 PM   #1
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute
YOUR favourite Aga matches?

Which Aga matches did you find exciting, fun, inspiring etc?

Personally I liked her matches vs Petkovic in Beijing 2011, Pavlyuchenkova in Seoul 2013, Azarenka at Australian Open 2014 and Halep in Indian Wells 2014

Caroline Wozniacki - because fuck the haters

Tippin' Easy: #1! 2014 - Sydney, Paris, Miami, Montréal, Beijing

Married to Big_Banana but Sabine Lisicki is my secret crush...
Special shout to Mr Halep.
MichaelN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2014, 01:01 AM   #2
country flag Dokisit

Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all Dokisit is a name known to all
Re: YOUR favourite Aga matches?

vs Petkovic in Beijing 2011 was brilliant.
Watch the highlights here - 4th match down: http://top10tennisnetwork.blogspot.c...label/Petkovic

Last edited by Dokisit : Jun 10th, 2014 at 01:03 AM. Reason: formatting
Dokisit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2014, 01:04 AM   #3
country flag 01gametennis10

01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of 01gametennis10 has much to be proud of

vs Kerber Tokyo 2012 was a good one.
01gametennis10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2014, 09:40 PM   #4
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of

'08 WB 4R def. Kuznetsova 6-4 1-6 7-5
'11 Beijing F def. Petkovic 7-5 0-6 6-4 - simply amazing
'11 YEC RR def. Zvonareva 1-6 6-2 7-5 - DRAMA
'12 Miami F def. Sharapova 7-5 6-4 - great serve and mental strength
'12 WB QF, SF and F def. Kirilenko - rain delay, Net Cords, drama and good play from both. Def. Kerber - great performance Lost to Williams - great fight and heart in that second set.
'12 Tokyo SF def. Kerber 6-1 6-1 - peak Aga (Kerber hit 30 winners )
'13 Miami QF def. Flipkens 4-6 6-4 6-2 - vintage match (great volleys, touchs, etc. ) and most crazy point ever.
'13 WB QF def. Li 7-6(5) 4-6 6-2 - amazing comeback in the first set and great contrast of styles
'14 AO QF def. Azarenka 6-1 5-7 6-0 - beautiful play
14' IW SF def. Halep 6-3 6-4 -
'14 Madrid 3R def. Kuznetsova 6-3 4-6 7-6(6)

Forever: Hingis|Davenport|Henin|Dementieva|Safina
fede33 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2014, 12:15 AM   #5
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber, Tokyo '12

Cornet
Sisyphus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #6
country flag leric4nole

leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light leric4nole is a glorious beacon of light

'14 AO QF def. Azarenka 6-1 5-7 6-0
the best no doubt
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #7
country flag MichaelN

MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute MichaelN has a reputation beyond repute

'14 Montréal SF def. Kate 7-6(1), 7-6(3)

Old Aug 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM   #8
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

All matches against Bartoli - Aga always made Cake look like a fool
Miami 07 def. Hingis 46 63 62 - amazingly fun match to watch, though to be honest I was cheering more for Martina
USO 07 def. Sharapova 64 16 62 - the final six games
Doha 08 def. Pome 64 67 64 - great rallies and great touch
Eastbourne 08 def. Petrova 64 67 64 - drama and first tier II title!
Indian Wells 10 def. Dementieva 63 64 - some really fun rallies and Aga had all the answers
all matches against Schiavone in 2011 - Franny was still a very good player (reached RG final), but Aga outplayed her in all aspects on 3 different surfaces
AO 11 def. Peng 75 36 75 - drama! match points defended.
Carlsbad 11 def. Zvonareva 63 64 - finally ended the 3 years long title draught in a nice match full of fun points
Beijing 11 def. Petkovic 75 06 64 - dramatic final full of incredible points, in general Aga was spectacular through those two weeks in Tokyo-Beijing 2011, but this match was the best one
YEC 11 def. Zvonareva 16 62 75 - another incredibly dramatic match
Dubai 12 def. Lisicki 62 61 - making the vampire cry was priceless
pretty much all matches from Wimbledon 2012 for various reasons, probably SF against Kerber takes the cake
Tokyo 12 def. Kerber 61 61 - Aga was great on almost every big point
Sydney 13 def. Cibulkova 60 60 - feeding Pome a double bagel in a final
Wimbledon 13 def. Keys 75 46 63 - Madison was incredible in that match, Aga was even better
Wimbledon 13 def. Li 76 46 62 - same here
Toronto 13 def. Errani 76 75 - OK, this match was a mess in many regards, but the way Aga ended both sets was spectacular. Plus, reeling off 15 straights points off Heerrani
Madrid 14 def. Kuznetsova 63 46 76 - defending 3 straight match points against her nemesis in a high quality encounter

those are the highlights for me.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 11:41 AM   #9
country flag MichaelN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest Maria! View Post
All matches against Bartoli - Aga always made Cake look like a fool
Miami 07 def. Hingis 46 63 62 - amazingly fun match to watch, though to be honest I was cheering more for Martina
USO 07 def. Sharapova 64 16 62 - the final six games
Doha 08 def. Pome 64 67 64 - great rallies and great touch
Eastbourne 08 def. Petrova 64 67 64 - drama and first tier II title!
Indian Wells 10 def. Dementieva 63 64 - some really fun rallies and Aga had all the answers
all matches against Schiavone in 2011 - Franny was still a very good player (reached RG final), but Aga outplayed her in all aspects on 3 different surfaces
AO 11 def. Peng 75 36 75 - drama! match points defended.
Carlsbad 11 def. Zvonareva 63 64 - finally ended the 3 years long title draught in a nice match full of fun points
Beijing 11 def. Petkovic 75 06 64 - dramatic final full of incredible points, in general Aga was spectacular through those two weeks in Tokyo-Beijing 2011, but this match was the best one
YEC 11 def. Zvonareva 16 62 75 - another incredibly dramatic match
Dubai 12 def. Lisicki 62 61 - making the vampire cry was priceless
pretty much all matches from Wimbledon 2012 for various reasons, probably SF against Kerber takes the cake
Tokyo 12 def. Kerber 61 61 - Aga was great on almost every big point
Sydney 13 def. Cibulkova 60 60 - feeding Pome a double bagel in a final
Wimbledon 13 def. Keys 75 46 63 - Madison was incredible in that match, Aga was even better
Wimbledon 13 def. Li 76 46 62 - same here
Toronto 13 def. Errani 76 75 - OK, this match was a mess in many regards, but the way Aga ended both sets was spectacular. Plus, reeling off 15 straights points off Heerrani
Madrid 14 def. Kuznetsova 63 46 76 - defending 3 straight match points against her nemesis in a high quality encounter

those are the highlights for me.
I like this list