Jelena Ostapenko - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 03:38 AM   #346
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena Ostapenko

WIMBLEDON

July 6, 2014

Jelena Ostapenko

LONDON, ENGLAND

J. OSTAPENKO/K. Schmiedlova
2/6, 6/3, 6/0

Quote:
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How does it feel?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: I feel really happy to win here because this tournament is great event.
Yeah, I feel really happy that I could win this tournament, and I look forward for playing some next tournaments and also showing good results.

Q. Can you talk me through the match, what happened in the first set, how you changed your game and turned it around.
JELENA OSTAPENKO: I think in the first set I was a bit nervous. But my opponent, she started the match really well and she was playing really good.
I was doing some unforced errors. Then I just tried to come back in the second set and to focus on every point, yeah, to get back my game.
I helped me and I won.

Q. With the third set, did you feel more relaxed in yourself?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: When it was in the second set, it was 4‑1 for me and then it was 4‑3 and then I was like a bit nervous because I was up in some games. Yeah, when I won third set I just felt confident and tried to keep going.

Q. What did you think about playing in such a big stadium?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: I think it's really nice. A lot of people are supporting me and they're really nice.
Yeah, it's great experience for me.

Q. How was this match different from last week at Roehampton?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: I think my opponent, she maybe knew how to play against me or she did some research. She played just much better today than last week, and I'm really happy that I could win.

Q. But you did win. You seem to feel like the grass is tailor made for your game?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: Yes, is fast surface. You have to serve well and play very aggressive.

Q. What are you going to wear to the ball?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: I don't know. I will see. Some dress, something, whatever I can wear.

Q. Can you give me a few words on what winning the Wimbledon title means to you? What are the things you like in particular about Wimbledon?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: I love here everything because I think it's one of the best Grand Slams. The atmosphere here is really nice. The people are really nice. Also the grass courts. That everyone is playing in white clothes. I think it looks really nice.
Yeah, for me it means a lot. Maybe after winning junior Grand Slam I will try to improve my ranking in WTA and try to in the end of the year be maybe in the top 300, 200 in WTA.
I think it's good experience to step, yeah.

Q. Do you have any plans to play more junior slams or will you concentrate solely on WTA?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: I will play some WTA events, like ITF pro circuits. I'm planning on playing the European championships, then you have Olympic Games. I think US Open will be my last junior event.

Q. Two years ago Eugenie Bouchard sat right where you're sitting. Now she has been in a Wimbledon final. Do you think you can make a rise that quickly?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: I will try my best. But I think she improved really a lot and she's one of the best players in the tour now.
Yeah, and I think I have to maybe follow her and try to do the same what she did.

Q. Can you give me some words about how it feels to be giving this press conference? Were you nervous coming in here?
JELENA OSTAPENKO: No, I was not nervous because I don't know. I had already some interviews, so I'm not nervous. I'm fine.
But it's really nice, this room.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 8th, 2014, 05:07 AM   #347
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Favourite to win Olympics now

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #348
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 10th, 2014, 04:14 PM   #349
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

That backhand

Forehand is glitchy but still not bad.

Needs to work on serve
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #350
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Oh thank you so much!

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 05:12 AM   #351
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Aljona's draw in Olomouc

(1)Ema Mikulcic (CRO) v Anna Shkudun (UKR)
Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) v Rebecca Sramkova (SVK)
(wc)Lusine Avanesyan (RUS) v Petra Rohanova (CZE)
(5)Katerina Kramperova (CZE) v Zuzana Zalabska (CZE)

It's by no means easy but I think she should get through to the MD There are some really good players in the MD but I think she could win a match or 2 if she plays really well Let's go

Quote:
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #352
country flag chingching

The draw was changed and Aljona is now the 9th Seed Won her 1st Round vs Lenka Juricova 6-1 6-2 Now Diana Sumova Most likely she will play Skamlova (8th Seed) for a place in MD I remember when they played in Tallinn 2 weeks in a row

BTW those of you who want to see more of her matches, her match vs Shapatava from Tallinn 15K is on spordikanal.com Also, in her R2 where she lost a mega 2nd Set TB and lost a few MPs beore losing to Waccano can be witnessed in the corner of the Centre court stream from the next day

Quote:
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #353

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Pics from Roehampton

with mummy

Just love her facials when she's hitting the ball.

Edit: Another pic with mummy

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova

Last edited by Losing Streak : Jul 12th, 2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #354
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Q2: (9)Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) d. Diana Sumova (CZE) 61 60

Tough Q3 against Lara Michel.
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 02:20 PM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Q2: (9)Jelena Ostapenko (LAT) d. Diana Sumova (CZE) 61 60

Tough Q3 against Lara Michel.

Some other ones from Roehampton

Mama Ostapenko watching daughter

Last edited by Losing Streak : Jul 13th, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM   #356
country flag chingching

She has the most cute and quirky smile Latvia should be happy her parents moved from Ukraine

Quote:
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #357

Ukraine's tennis players are such gems.

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #358
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing Streak View Post
Ukraine's tennis players are such gems.
IKR

Quote:
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 11:18 PM   #359

Lost 2 & 1 to Michel in final Q round. Didn't expect such a beatdown, but she must be exhausted from playing so many matches in the last fortnight. Hope she takes some deserved rest now!

Old Jul 15th, 2014, 06:20 AM   #360
country flag chingching

Didn't see that one coming... Hope she can improve I thought she had a shot to go well here

Quote: