Julia in Melbourne - Australian Open 2012 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #31
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: Julia in Melbourne - Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Well, it never was a complicated illness last year or in the first tournaments this year and it didn't matter much. Even if it's gone, it will be back until the third round, perhaps in the form of back pain (which is actually always there, you can see her touching the lower back all the time). But, of course, it is normal to hope. Who knows, maybe her opponents will be sick, too
God bless Julia, she deserves a break.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #32
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
Hercog is a player you don´t know what to expect from and as you said Julia lost to her on clay in Maribor last year in Fed Cup if I remember well but as we know clay is Polona´s best surface...
And it was quite a different situation: must-win tie for Germany, just the third match in Fed Cup, with no win yet, a big challenge for Julia in terms of handling pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Thanks Cilly, the first unknown lady, Sabine and Julia are all triple awesome, hopefully Australia will be for both.

What's that stadium they show at the end of the video ? That doesn't look like a soccer field or something ?
It's the famous Cricket Ground, next to Melbourne Park.

BTW she jokes around with Sascha, always funny to see the difference of their off and on court relation.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #33
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
Someone has to fly to Melbourne and put a webcam at Court 7 (Julia will give you a kiss^^)
You know there are always fans who film certain extract of her matches and put on Youtube... probably someone will do it and we'll be able to perceive her... anyways way too much Julia addicts here one round will not do us bad, I'm sure she'll go far in the event and we'll have time to see her live TV or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
#kArLoS# just said it and I found the same courts on Eurosport Player as well so it looks like that unfortunately... so many shown courts and no Julia hard to understand
Ah, well will have to do with the Live-score -- anyways Monday's program isn't too heavy, for me it'll be evidently Victoria and I'll stay up for Julia, thankfully there aren't any ATP like Djokovic, Federer during etc... so I'll be able to virtually kind of see her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
It's the famous Cricket Ground, next to Melbourne Park.
Aah, silly me I thought this was a stadium in Germany in fact, I was like these kinds do not exist in Europe -- and was asking myself also why they showed a stadium there while it does not corroborate with what they're speaking about, Melbourne.

Quote:
BTW she jokes around with Sascha, always funny to see the difference of their off and on court relation.
Julia is pretty nice, probably her coach too IDK -- You know even on court they don't seem to have a relationship based on conflict (like Safina/Zelkook for example)... even when things go bad for Jule, she rants etc... he's pretty much the same...

Though in Auckland was the first time I thought he was kind of exhausted with her rants and so, in the match against Greta there was a moment when Julia was expressing her frustration towards him and he completely turned his head to ignore her... Julia called him the next change over.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #34
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Just noticed she plays the 2nd match after 11am. That's too late for me. Have to get up early..
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #35
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Ah, well will have to do with the Live-score -- anyways Monday's program isn't too heavy, for me it'll be evidently Victoria and I'll stay up for Julia, thankfully there aren't any ATP like Djokovic, Federer during etc... so I'll be able to virtually kind of see her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Just noticed she plays the 2nd match after 11am. That's too late for me. Have to get up early..
guys, I am going to get up around 3am which is 1pm in Melbourne so I hope I will get to see Berdych vs Ramos, Verdasco vs Tomic, Kohli, Dolgo and our lovely Jule on the livescore at least it´s going to be an exciting night I guess
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #36
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Good luck and win the match, Julia.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #37
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Mach et, Jule!
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #38
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Mach et, Jule!
Yeah, what he said!
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #39
country flag Dispeker

"Mach et" literally means "make it, do it" - meaning: Win the f*** match.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #40
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
"Mach et" literally means "make it, do it" - meaning: Win the f*** match.
Of course. Where did you get the idea that I didn't know?
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #41
country flag Dispeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Of course. Where did you get the idea that I didn't know?
Silly me Sorry, Skoo.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #42
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Mach et, Jule!
is it a German phrase? cause I would say "mach es" which seems to be completely wrong
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #43
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a little bit of slang. Just like "ya" instead of "you".
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #44
country flag Dispeker

Yeah, it's actually a western german/ rhenish dialect. But you are right, "mach es" is correct and works too.
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #45
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to tell how Julia played but only the win has taste in mouth so I don't really care... 6-3 7-6(3) looks like a good score-line for Julia the way she entered the event...

I knew she'd find form, it's a major after all and hopefully it carries on to the next round. Eleni is pretty much playable, though I was surprised she got the better of KDK I probably more expected in the 2nd. than the latter. Anyways great win Julia.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote