Australian Open 2012 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #31
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open 2012

im sure kim knew she wouldn't play a great match and will be happy to get the win and the match out the way. 2nd round looks a nice match to where kim can hopefully improve a bit from today.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #32
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

Horrendous doesn't begin to describe how horrendous it was.

Please improve.
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #33
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Q. Did that feel like a nice way to start the tournament?

KIM CLIJSTERS: It was. It was good to start. After warming up a few times waiting for that men's match to be done, it was nice to get out there.

It was hard kind of to read her serve a little bit and to get used to a player that you've never played against and you don't really know or have seen play before. I really felt like I had to find my rhythm in there. I felt that once I got it going that I was in charge most of the time. That was good.

Q. Did you have nerves going out on the court?

KIM CLIJSTERS: No. I mean, I shouldn't say no. Good nerves. I had like that excitement. I wanted to go out there and I wanted to start playing. Yeah, I've had that ever since we came to Australia. I had a good offseason where we worked obviously to try to be in good shape for Australia, then you want to put that to the test and, yeah, play those matches again.

Q. Did you watch videotapes of your opponent or talk to someone who played her?

KIM CLIJSTERS: Yeah, we've been practicing here this week. After Brisbane we came here. We were here every day when the qualifying matches were on. Carl and Stefan both were scouting and watching all the matches in the cold. So it's good in that way to get some pointers and have a little bit of an idea before you go out there.

Q. How is your hip?

KIM CLIJSTERS: Good, thank you.

Q. What was the problem, looking back? Was it a serious issue that made you pull out?

KIM CLIJSTERS: It was a sprained muscle that you can probably find back from a few press conferences ago. I've repeated that a few times.

I'm happy that it's over with. So, yeah, it's behind me. But it's obviously something that we keep a close eye on, that we have treated every day still, that we make sure that all the muscles around it are strong, the ones that need to be loosened up are loosened up, try to keep that balance.

Q. You've had injuries before. How do you go out there saying you're going to play a hundred percent, not worry about an injury?

KIM CLIJSTERS: That's the thing. Once my injury is fully recovered, I'm a player that in practice I already do that. I have never played a tournament without going a hundred percent in practice beforehand, so I kind of have to get over that fear in the beginning. Especially with my stomach muscle, that was probably one of the worst ones. I felt scared hitting the smash and the serve. But gradually you get over that.

Yeah, it does happen. But, I mean, after the injury in Brisbane, I didn't feel anything or I didn't feel like it was kind of in my head where I felt restricted movingwise, although I probably should avoid that split a little bit (smiling).

Q. When you went on court, are you thinking about third set of the final last year, raising the trophy? What came back into your mind?

KIM CLIJSTERS: Today?

Q. Today.

KIM CLIJSTERS: I already hit on Rod Laver Arena. That's probably when you get that. I remember walking through the corridor before the final, the atmosphere of that final day of a Grand Slam, there's a different vibe. Not a lot of players were here yet. It was nice to experience a lot of those emotions, really take my time to take it all in. So that was nice.

But today I didn't have anything like that.

Q. Do you have any particular ways of coping when there's a long match before your own?

KIM CLIJSTERS: No. I mean, you obviously try to keep your routine as similar as possible as if you would be playing on a set time. Obviously it's not that easy. Like I said, I think today I warmed up three times. You just have to try to stay active. I tried to go outside a little bit, get a feel of how hot it is outside so it doesn't really overwhelm you from being indoors all day.

So, yeah, just try to make sure you eat something on time, have a little snack in your bag in case your match goes a little bit longer. Those things you always have to prepare yourself for. Through the experience from years on the road, you kind of know after a while how your body reacts and how you deal in certain situations like today where it takes a little bit longer.

Q. Is your serve to the point where you're happy with it? You were talking last year about not being too pleased. And are you comfortable hitting all your shots yet or are you thinking match by match you'll be comfortable with everything?

KIM CLIJSTERS: Yeah, I think today also it was really hard to get a good rhythm out there. The lefthander's serve is always a little bit tricky. The effects on her shots, it's always a little bit harder.

I felt like I was seeing the ball not always as good as I would like to. It was tough with the conditions on the court with the shadow and the sun out.

I feel like I'm moving well. I feel like I'm positioning myself well. I think that's something that in the past has always improved when I went on in a Grand Slam. I remember last year I played a good match against Safina, but I had some matches where I wasn't playing some of my best tennis, but always good enough to get through.

I don't think anybody plays a Grand Slam playing seven perfect matches. So you have to fight your way through it sometimes and find that little extra on the most important points.

Regarding my serve, today I felt like I served well. I hit a couple doublefaults. But that's probably going to be there all the time. I like to hit, you know, my serve a little faster.

I served well on the important points today. I hit a few aces. I felt like I had a good rhythm out there on my serve. I'm pleased with that. But everything can always improve.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #34
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

Kim playing 2nd match on Rod Laver tomorrow, after Na Li!
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #35
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

i hope kim plays better in the match tonight. should be a little easier as foretz is a right hander so the usual kim will be used to and she doesn't move so well. foretz hits a nice ball that hopefully will give kim more timing. i felt her 1st round her opponent was unpredictable with her serve and strokes, which spin she hit ect, so kim found it hard to get into a groove.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #36
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a first round match, don't know why people in GM are going to far with their conclusions Not to worried about the 2R either. Real test will come in the 3R and I'm looking forward to this encounter.
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #37
country flag kwanfan

kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all

Foretz serving 0-3, 0-30
Foretz FH netted 0-40
Kim FH pass wide 15-40
Kim FH return wide 30-40
Foretz FH netted, Game Kim 4-0
Kim leads 4-0

Kim serving 4-0
30-0
Kim FH netted 30-15
40-15
Kim FH winner, Game Kim 5-0
Kim leads 5-0
kwanfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #38
country flag kwanfan

kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all kwanfan is a name known to all

Foretz serving 0-5
Kim FH return winner 0-15
Kim FH return winner 0-30
Foretz BH netted 0-40
Kim BH winner, Game first set Kim 6-0
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #39
country flag kwanfan

Kim serving 6-0, 0-0
15-0
Kim FH long 15-15
Kim good Bh 30-15
Kim overhead smash winner 40-15
Foretz FH return netted, Game Kim 6-0, 1-0
Kim leads 6-0, 1-0

Foretz serving 0-6, 0-1
0-15
Kim FH winner 0-30
Kim BH long 15-30
Kim FH long 30-30
Kim return error 40-30
Kim BH pass wide Game Foretz, Kim leads 6-0,1-1

Kim serving 6-0, 1-1
Kim FH long 0-15
Refocus Kim!
missed a few points
Kim BH netted 40-40
Foretz return netted AD-40
Game Kim, 6-0, 2-1
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #40
country flag kwanfan

Foretz serving 0-6, 1-2
Foretz BH winner 15-0
Kim good BH return 15-15
Kim good BH off a short ball 15-30
Kim FH return a bit long 30-30
Kim gets the netcord off a FH 30-40
Foretz BH netted, Game Kim, Kim leads 6-0, 3-1

Kim serving 6-0, 3-1
Foretz FH netted 15-0
Kim FH wide 15-15
Foretz return netted 30-15
Foretz FH wide 40-15
Foretz FH return netted, Game Kim, Kim leads 6-0, 4-1
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #41
country flag kwanfan

Foretz serving 0-6, 1-4
Kim BH pass netted 15-0
Kim strong FH 15-15
Foretz FH wide 15-30
Kim FH winner 15-40
Kim BH return netted 30-40
Foretz FH long, Game Kim, Kim leads 6-0, 5-1

Kim serving 6-0, 5-1
Foretz FH return long 15-0
Kim FH wide 15-15
Foretz FH netted 30-15
Foretz BH netted 40-15
Foretz return long, Game set match Kim 6-0, 6-1
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #42
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Moved her feet much better today. R3 here she goes
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #43
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute

damn, I was getting up at 3am but kind of fell a sleep again and ended up missing the match lol
and I can't watch Friday 's match against Hantuchova! damn

but as long as she wins like this, I don't care that much
Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #44

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Nice win by Kim! Very solid. Her opponent could not hurt her, but there was no implosion from Kim so it's all good. Now the tournament really begins. Hantuchova will not be easy. Kim should be focused enough not to play like she did the last two years in the third round (Petrova and Cornet).

Thank You, Kim
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 04:02 AM   #45

Q. What is your next trick with the fans? What are you going to ask them to do next?

KIM CLIJSTERS: Nothing. Nothing. Nothing scheduled.

Q. It was all fairly comfortable today.

KIM CLIJSTERS: Yeah. Like I said out there, I felt like in my first match I didn't really have that rhythm that I would have liked to have. So that's usually something that I try to look for in the beginning of the match.

Was hitting the ball well; felt that I could keep her under pressure. I didn't really let her play her game. From the beginning till the end, I did what I had to do well.

Q. Do you take much notice of rankings?

KIM CLIJSTERS: No.

Q. Doesn't mean anything?

KIM CLIJSTERS: No.

Q. Have you ever?

KIM CLIJSTERS: No. In the long‑term, you know, it doesn't make a difference. I mean, if you can be No. 1, I'm not going to sit here and say, no, it never did anything when I was No. 1. It's nice to be in that position.

But once you've been there, yeah, it's not something that I try to achieve.

Q. 2003 is a long time ago, when you first became No. 1, and did so without having won a major. What is your memory of it? Was it a burden?

KIM CLIJSTERS: No, not at all. It was definitely something I was very proud of. As a young girl growing up, you know, looking at the past No. 1s, was something that I always ‑‑ you know, those were definitely people and players that I admired. So for me to be in that position at such a young age was definitely something that made me very proud.

But obviously, you know, winning a Grand Slam is what kind of tops that feeling. So, yeah, like you said, if you can say, Look, I've been No. 1 in my career; that's good enough. It doesn't matter that much.

Q. A few players have followed in the same vein who haven't won a major. Have you spoken to Caroline, Jelena, about not winning a Grand Slam and being No. 1?

KIM CLIJSTERS: No, not really, because I don't think there's that much to say about it. Caroline is the girl who has been the most consistent player by far, injury‑free, played a lot of tournaments, but also did well in those tournaments.

She deserves to be up there. When she goes head‑to‑head against Serena or myself, you know, she has a losing record, but at the end of the day when you become No. 1, that doesn't matter.

To become No. 1, you need to have the qualities that she has. That is to be consistent and to last throughout a whole season.

Q. Are you a type of player who looks at the draw before the tournament starts? If so, did you look at yours? What do you think of it?

KIM CLIJSTERS: No, I don't. That's something that I definitely learned since I was younger. Because in the media people always start to talk about the future, quarterfinal, semifinal, a tough third, fourth round coming up before the tournament even starts.

I don't like to waste my energy on those kind of thoughts, because I can use all that focus on whatever match I have coming up next.

So I follow obviously other parts of the draw, see who is playing who, but I don't even think, Oh, this person might play this person in the quarterfinal, because so much can happen in a Grand Slam.

Q. Have you seen the latest Tin Tin movie, and do you think it's Belgian enough?

KIM CLIJSTERS: I haven't seen it yet. It was in the movies when we were in Brisbane last week. I wasn't able to go there yet, so that's definitely going to be something that will be on our schedule once we go back home.

Q. Are you a fan?

KIM CLIJSTERS: Yeah, I have been. Even when I was a little girl I read all the cartoon books. So, yeah, I've always been a fan.

That's a first (smiling).

Thank You, Kim