Australian Open 2012 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #1
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute
Australian Open 2012

Kim has got a tough draw.

R1: Qualifier
R2: Baltacha/Foretz Gacon
R3: Hantuchova
R4: Li
QF: Wozniacki
SF: Azarenka

Good luck Kim.
I assume she is going to play the first match on Rod Laver on Monday.

Last edited by Hashim. : Jan 12th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.
Hashim. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #2
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open 2012

So pumped for this

I just adore hard draws like this when they don't include any other faves of mine and that's the case. Great R4 match against Li in perspective. Still, her half is the easiest one: no Serena, Petra or Maria.
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #3
country flag jpol

jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light jpol is a glorious beacon of light

What a crappy draw...

means Kim will need to be motivated early though so go get it.
jpol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #4
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

One of the worst possible draws

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #5
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Not a great draw but she had a kind one last year. She's proven she can win slams with seemingly impossible draws. Come on Kim! She looks excited and pumped in photos from Melbourne.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #6
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

that draw looks pretty good to me, petra, serena and kanepi are the other side of the draw. she could have had kanepi 3rd rnd, li/sam 4th, petra qtr, serena semi.

li will be a big test as she is playing well, but i feel like li's might flame out seen as she is having a lot of matches in both hopman and sydney.

caro is what she is, kim knows the level she needs to beat her.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #7
country flag Bieselke

Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of

Only two I wanted to avoid were Serena and Petra, so not too shabby.

Sad she's so early against Dani again though

Safina - Wickmayer - Dokic

Johansson - Larsson - Arvidsson
Bieselke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #8
country flag Kim's_fan_4ever
The only girl in the world.

Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute Kim's_fan_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieselke View Post
Only two I wanted to avoid were Serena and Petra, so not too shabby.

Sad she's so early against Dani again though
She was never going to draw Serena as they are seeded #11 and #12 respectively

She will have to be at her very best to beat these players I don't remember the last time I hated a GS's draw so much. Not to mention that she has Dani in R3

Kim's_fan_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #9
country flag PashaMasha

PashaMasha is an unknown quantity at this point

12 of 13 Russians in the same half!? That's not just a coincidence its just blatant rigging of the draw! In nearly every tournament I see this pattern and its just ridiculous. Hell if it was Serena and Venus in the same half all Americans would go cracked!!!!
PashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #10
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim's_fan_4ever View Post
She was never going to draw Serena as they are seeded #11 and #12 respectively

She will have to be at her very best to beat these players I don't remember the last time I hated a GS's draw so much. Not to mention that she has Dani in R3

she could have drawn serena in her qtr, her draw could have had kim, kanepi, li and serena all in the same qtr with only 1 of them making it to the semi final.

i really dont think her draw is that bad at all. li even playing better now has been streaky, lost to vika today sparying errors, lost a set to scheepers this week too.

caro has wrist problems, only practiced 1 handed yesterday didn't hit a backhand.

dani couldn't win a set off injured error strewn kim.

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #11
country flag Joanna

Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of Joanna has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
she could have drawn serena in her qtr, her draw could have had kim, kanepi, li and serena all in the same qtr with only 1 of them making it to the semi final.

i really dont think her draw is that bad at all. li even playing better now has been streaky, lost to vika today sparying errors, lost a set to scheepers this week too.

caro has wrist problems, only practiced 1 handed yesterday didn't hit a backhand.

dani couldn't win a set off injured error strewn kim.
On first look, I thought this was a really crap draw, but I suppose it's not too bad. At least she's not with Kvitova and Serena. And like you said, Hantuchova didn't win a set when Kim was playing pretty bad and with that hip.

"I didn't play my best tennis, not even close, but I still felt like I could win out there and as long as I have that feeling, as long as it doesn't get worse I'll fight until I'm done"

Your opponent is not the person on the other side of the net, or the team on the other end of the field, or even the bar you must high-jump. Your opponent is yourself - your negative internal waves, your level of determination.
Joanna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #12
country flag sammy01

kim has drawn world ranked number 222 koehler. i admit i know nothing about this girl bar she is 19.

Old Jan 14th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #13
country flag Tully

Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold Tully is a splendid one to behold

Kim is scheduled 3rd on RLA on Monday.

I don't know much more about her opponent either....she's a lefty from Portugal. Hopefully Kim knows more.

Anso & Ali - the rise begins ...

Lucie
Tully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #14
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Maria's game is more suited to clay and she is a great retriever. It seems she's playing pretty well in Melbourne and she definitely has what it takes to win a couple of games for set but I can't see her defeating Kim at all. Plus, her serve isn't really that steady.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #15
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

Why is this a crappy draw? it looks like a great draw... Petra or Serena would have been worse. if Kim doesn't play badly, it is pretty much her half of the draw to win or lose.

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote