RG / Wimby 2013 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #1
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute
RG / Wimby 2013

Hope no-one minds if I start a new thread, but I feel this comm needs it. Since Amelie will be on British and French screens during the French Open as a commentator, this can double as a thread for posting pics of her and more general tournament discussion if people want it.

Au Revoir

"Form is temporary; class is permanent."
AmeDevotee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #2
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RG / Wimby 2013

A new thread is very exciting, it's been awfully quiet around here lately

I was listening out all day but didn't hear Amelie. Her commentary would have been the best thing about the opening day Hopefully it will pick up tomorrow.

On a side note, I can't believe John Inverdale kept banging on about how fantastic the Hewitt/Simon match was. It was an absolute snooze/shitfest.

Anyway, I hope Laura can pull off another upset tomorrow and beat poor old Woz, and that Amelie does the commentary
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #3
country flag AmeDevotee

AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute AmeDevotee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerri View Post
A new thread is very exciting, it's been awfully quiet around here lately

I was listening out all day but didn't hear Amelie. Her commentary would have been the best thing about the opening day Hopefully it will pick up tomorrow.

On a side note, I can't believe John Inverdale kept banging on about how fantastic the Hewitt/Simon match was. It was an absolute snooze/shitfest.

Anyway, I hope Laura can pull off another upset tomorrow and beat poor old Woz, and that Amelie does the commentary
Nice to talk to you again. I think some people were clinging to the hope that she'd change her mind and have now realised it's not going to happen. Doesn't mean we can't still catch glimpses of her.

I caught the end of Venus's match; that was pretty good. I too hope Laura can pull off an upset.

And here's a pic from Amelie's Twitter - she's in the makeup chair earlier today: http://t.co/uYRGlGEq8E

Au Revoir

Old May 27th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #4
country flag marismexico

marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=539378

Well expect a lot of willitards bashing Amélie

Rafael Nadal 13 and counting

Maria Sharapova and David Ferrer
marismexico is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #5
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by marismexico View Post
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=539378

Well expect a lot of willitards bashing Amélie
I have so had it with people who, whilst understandably defending the WS against racism, think homophobia is just fine and dandy. I've posted as much in the thread.

Au Revoir

Old May 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #6
country flag AmeDevotee

Another pic - I like the butterfly on the back of Amelie's top: http://t.co/HgHZV41HAr

Au Revoir

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #7
country flag Gerri

Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute Gerri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeDevotee View Post
I have so had it with people who, whilst understandably defending the WS against racism, think homophobia is just fine and dandy. I've posted as much in the thread.
Some WS fans just love to bash anyone else at every opportunity.

Poor Laura today wasn't exactly on top form. The kid has got so much potential, if only she could sort out her serve and stop chucking in so many UE's. Still I'm pleased for Caro that she seems to be improving again.

So what's happened to Amelie, is she not part of the ITV coverage any more?
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #8
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:

Poor Laura today wasn't exactly on top form. The kid has got so much potential, if only she could sort out her serve and stop chucking in so many UE's. Still I'm pleased for Caro that she seems to be improving again.

My TV guide lists her as part of it, so I certainly hope so.

Maybe she'll only be part of the second week? Some more prominent ex-players are too busy to commit to more.

EDIT: I mean for ITV; obviously she's already doing French TV.

Au Revoir

Last edited by AmeDevotee : May 27th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #9
country flag marismexico

marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all marismexico is a name known to all

Quote:

She's been watching the french girls matches, maybe when they finish their participation she will have more time, the first days are complicated. Today I saw her at Mathilde's match and yesterday at Caroline's.

Rafael Nadal 13 and counting

Maria Sharapova and David Ferrer
marismexico is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #10
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Y'all just have to realize that you're dealing with a bunch of ten-year olds who are online behind their parent's backs People hear (or read) what they want to hear (or read). No amount of logic or sanity will change that.

Gutted for Laura, but hoping for a good grass season for her

Linnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #11
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
Y'all just have to realize that you're dealing with a bunch of ten-year olds who are online behind their parent's backs People hear (or read) what they want to hear (or read). No amount of logic or sanity will change that.

Gutted for Laura, but hoping for a good grass season for her

Nice to hear from you again, Linnie. I've just updated myself on Laura and Heather's rankings. Promising.

Au Revoir

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #12
country flag Linnie
drinking

Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute Linnie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't see anything re homophobia, which means that the mods are doing a good job

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #13
country flag Linnie
drinking

Quote:

Nice to hear from you again, Linnie. I've just updated myself on Laura and Heather's rankings. Promising.
I come in here from time to time

Not making it to England this year , so have to make-do with watching Wimby and Eastbourne on TV

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #14
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
I didn't see anything re homophobia, which means that the mods are doing a good job
Actually, there was one post. I reported it and it was deleted. Thanks, mods.

Au Revoir

Old May 27th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #15
country flag AmeDevotee

Quote:
I come in here from time to time

Not making it to England this year , so have to make-do with watching Wimby and Eastbourne on TV
I won't be able to see tennis live either as there's too much other stuff taking my cash atm, but at least the BBC will have their usual blanket coverage.

I pop in here every so often too. I knew now would be a good time.

Au Revoir