2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Moscow) - Race completed, Groups draw released! - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1051
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Tokyo) - 7 players qualified, 1 spot left for gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
Don't think Errani will do that at all, she said even if she is playing in one leg she will play. They should think about Serena, and if she will play or not, if she will withdraw due to "cold".
I mean if errani has a serioud injury
she can't even move properly
she is still going to play?
making her injury more serious?
Oh no sara
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #1052
country flag Beny

Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute Beny has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Tokyo) - 7 players qualified, 1 spot left for gr

It's Sam's fault, there was one match she should have won - RG SF - and she didn't. Now she is paying the price.

Beny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #1053
country flag xzchief

xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all xzchief is a name known to all

Group A: Azarenka, Radwanska, Kerber, Li
Group B: Sharapova, Serena, Kvitova, Errani

If the draw came this way, the groups would be balanced, which should make for interesting round-robin play.
xzchief is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #1054
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjason View Post
I mean if errani has a serioud injury
she can't even move properly
she is still going to play?
making her injury more serious?
Oh no sara
I think the one leg comment, answers your question. I hope she doesn't play any event before the YEC, and just nurse the injury.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #1055
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzchief View Post
Group A: Azarenka, Radwanska, Kerber, Li
Group B: Sharapova, Serena, Kvitova, Errani

If the draw came this way, the groups would be balanced, which should make for interesting round-robin play.
don't think putting Aggie and Azarenka in the same group is good, and Serena and Sharapova in the same group is not good either

Would be better if its
A: Azarenka Serena Kerber Li - i want to see what Serena will do Kerber, she really wanted to face her in the US Open, and Vika and Li can keep Serena in check
B: Sharapova Radwanska Kvitova Errani - good for the first three but Errani will be eaten alive by any of the 7 except for Kerber

Even better if Li wins China Open and the standing is Vika, Masha, Serena, Aggie, Kerber, Li, Kvitova, Errani
A: Azarenka Serena Li Errani
B: Sharapova Radwanska Kerber Kvitova
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #1056
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Will Huber play?
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #1057
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

ISTANBUL, Turkey - By virtue of winning her quarterfinal match at the China Open on Friday afternoon, China's Li Na has become the eighth and final qualifier for the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships - Istanbul 2012.

For the first time in the 42-year history of the WTA Championships, every player in the field is representing a different country: Victoria Azarenka (Belarus), Maria Sharapova (Russia), Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland), Serena Williams (United States), Angelique Kerber (Germany), Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic), Sara Errani (Italy) and last but not least Li Na (China).

"I would like to congratulate Li Na on qualifying for the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships for the second successive year, which is an amazing accomplishment," WTA Chairman & CEO Stacey Allaster said of the announcement. "She is one of the WTA's most popular players and will proudly represent her country, as she continues to inspire a generation of players in China. I am also thrilled that for the first time in the history of our Championships, the singles field will feature players from all different countries, which underscores the incredible global reach of our sport and athletes http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201210...256076_2939997
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #1058
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation
Re: 2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Tokyo) - all 8 players qualified, field complete

Caro
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #1059
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: 2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Tokyo) - all 8 players qualified, field complete

No exciting finish to the Race this year, the top 8 and the alternates are confirmed two weeks before the end of the season. No changes in the top 10 just few players moved places.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #1060
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Is Bartoli ahead of Stosur as ALT now?

Congrats to the 8 finalists. All deserved.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #1061
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
don't think putting Aggie and Azarenka in the same group is good, and Serena and Sharapova in the same group is not good either

Would be better if its
A: Azarenka Serena Kerber Li - i want to see what Serena will do Kerber, she really wanted to face her in the US Open, and Vika and Li can keep Serena in check
B: Sharapova Radwanska Kvitova Errani - good for the first three but Errani will be eaten alive by any of the 7 except for Kerber

Even better if Li wins China Open and the standing is Vika, Masha, Serena, Aggie, Kerber, Li, Kvitova, Errani
A: Azarenka Serena Li Errani
B: Sharapova Radwanska Kerber Kvitova
I can see Errani beat Kvitova. Kvitova is done for this year, I think.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #1062
country flag FredPerry

FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice FredPerry is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
No exciting finish to the Race this year, the top 8 and the alternates are confirmed two weeks before the end of the season. No changes in the top 10 just few players moved places.
Well in all fairness 4/5 of these players were already virtually locks for the YEC in May.
FredPerry is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #1063
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Marion needs to win another round in Beijing to solidify her chances at a 1st alternate status.
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #1064
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
I can see Errani beat Kvitova. Kvitova is done for this year, I think.
keep wishing
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #1065
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beny View Post
It's Sam's fault, there was one match she should have won - RG SF - and she didn't. Now she is paying the price.
Wouldn't Stosur qualify if Serena doesn't go (or she's that far behind now)? I didn't check the standings/points.

Cause you never know with Serena going.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote