2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Moscow) - Race completed, Groups draw released! - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:12 AM   #931
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Tokyo) - 4 players qualified, 4 spots left for g

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtin23 View Post
Which round does Na need to reach for a guranteed YEC spot?? What is Stosur's 16th??
In the Finals and she's 99% chance In.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM   #932
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future
Re: 2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Tokyo) - 4 players qualified, 4 spots left for g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Not if she loses the final to Stosur ...
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:30 AM   #933
country flag twinbridge

twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH both wings View Post
Not if she loses the final to Stosur ...
If LI Na reaches Beijing Final and the opponent is not Stosur, she will be 100% 8th or better before YEC.
twinbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 09:33 AM   #934
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

The 1% was if both reached the finals...

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:17 AM   #935
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber has now 5360 points

- Kvitova can only pass her, if she would play in Moscow with a WC and win the title there
- Errani can only pass her, if she would play in Linz/Osaka with a WC and win the title there + she has to win Moscow too

But that isn't possible because both couldn't win Moscow at the same time

That means Kerber has qualified for Istanbul
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:29 AM   #936
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtin23 View Post
Na can literally still take WC to Moscow and Osaka, but she may only take Moscow if she really has the chance to get those points required for YEC...
She can't top 10 ruling. Osaka i think has stosur already, for her to get in, Stosur must withdraw. And Moscow has 2 top 10 already Stosur and Errani, so she can't play, oen of the other has to withdraw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjason View Post
Na said China Open is her last tournament before YEC,
I feel like she is so confident that she can get to YEC with that limited tournament.

I am afraid if she found that she doesn't have enough points for YEC after Beijing, she would just give up
SHe is not allowed to play that is why she said that. Top 10 rules.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM   #937
country flag twinbridge

twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all

Moscow is not one of Premier 700 tournaments, which will limit the number of top 10 players if the tournament can't raise the total prize.

Instead it is a Premier 600 before YEC, which will allow more than two top 10 players, if available. So LI Na could take a WC if she wants in case that there is some top 10/top 20 wildcard left or before Main Draw entry registration deadline as a normal entrant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
She can't top 10 ruling. Osaka i think has stosur already, for her to get in, Stosur must withdraw. And Moscow has 2 top 10 already Stosur and Errani, so she can't play, oen of the other has to withdraw.

SHe is not allowed to play that is why she said that. Top 10 rules.

Last edited by twinbridge : Oct 2nd, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM   #938
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

2 TOP tenner can't play in the MM's but more can play in Moscow...

and it said here, Errani is injured and can't play in Moscow...

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:08 PM   #939
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
2 TOP tenner can't play in the MM's but more can play in Moscow...

and it said here, Errani is injured and can't play in Moscow...
Is Caro got a wild card in Moscow??
So only Stosur the top 10 player?
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM   #940
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Yes Caro has got a wildcard... Its now in the schedule on her website.

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM   #941
country flag twinbridge

Since Stosur lost in the 1st round of Beijing, a SF will be enough for LI Na.

Even if she lose in the next round, she will be ok unless one of Bartoli/Woz wins both Beijing & Moscow (which is very unlikely), or Stosur wins both Moscow and Osaka (Stosur 4420 vs LI 4416)

Quote:

Last edited by twinbridge : Oct 2nd, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:47 PM   #942
country flag Kerbicz

Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all
Angelique Kerber fifth qualified

Sam Stosur's early exit in Beijing plus her own victory over the Basque girl Lara gave Angie Kerber a ticket to Istanbul. Neither Sam nor Sara (even if miraculously recovered) can now overtake her, so she's guaranteed to finish not worse then seventh.
Kerbicz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #943
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the situation now

5.Kerber 5360 (3rd round Beijing)
6.Kvitova 5215
7.Errani 4855
8.Li 4416 (3rd round Beijing)
---------------------------------------
9.Stosur 3910
10.Bartoli 3430 (3rd round Beijing)
---------------------------------------
11.Wozniacki 3340 (3rd round Beijing)
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #944
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Angelique Kerber fifth qualified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbicz View Post
Sam Stosur's early exit in Beijing plus her own victory over the Basque girl Lara gave Angie Kerber a ticket to Istanbul. Neither Sam nor Sara (even if miraculously recovered) can now overtake her, so she's guaranteed to finish not worse then seventh.
Also Kvitova...
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:53 PM   #945
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Angelique Kerber fifth qualified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbicz View Post
They'll give the 'wild card' to the 8th player in the race, there's no need to pretend the 8th place does not guarantee participation in YEC.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote