2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Moscow) - Race completed, Groups draw released! - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM   #916
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Tokyo) - 4 players qualified, 4 spots left for g

I hope you all know that the WTA may exercise their rights to place a particular player on the 8th spot should they believe a player has had an outstanding performance this year. In all honesty, Sam has not won a tournament this year and if she just managed to reach the 8th spot by playing more tournaments, the WTA can exercise their rights and give the 8th spot to Li Na.
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM   #917
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 RACE TO ISTANBUL YEC (After Tokyo) - 4 players qualified, 4 spots left for g

We talk about it EVERY year, but WTA never gives out any wildcard.....

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM   #918
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
I hope you all know that the WTA may exercise their rights to place a particular player on the 8th spot should they believe a player has had an outstanding performance this year. In all honesty, Sam has not won a tournament this year and if she just managed to reach the 8th spot by playing more tournaments, the WTA can exercise their rights and give the 8th spot to Li Na.
I don't think there is much to choose between Stosur and Li this season, not enough to ignore the rank in the race and prefer one over the other.
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM   #919
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinbridge View Post
You are mathematically wrong: 4855 + 280 - 125 + 470 - 130 = 5350

Since she is not 2011 Year End top 20 player, So her 16th best(125 from one of the best two P5s) could be replaced by better scores, otherwise the maximum for her should be 5275 instead.
Okay, Errani has to win Moscow and must be at least in the final of Linz/Osaka to pass Kerber and Kvitova.

4855 + 200 - 125 + 470 - 130 = 5270

But I don't think that Errani will request a WC for Linz or Osaka.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 03:00 PM   #920
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

I don't think they would use the so-called wild card
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 03:07 PM   #921
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Na can literally still take WC to Moscow and Osaka, but she may only take Moscow if she really has the chance to get those points required for YEC...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM   #922
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtin23 View Post
Na can literally still take WC to Moscow and Osaka, but she may only take Moscow if she really has the chance to get those points required for YEC...
Na said China Open is her last tournament before YEC,
I feel like she is so confident that she can get to YEC with that limited tournament.

I am afraid if she found that she doesn't have enough points for YEC after Beijing, she would just give up
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM   #923
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjason View Post
Na said China Open is her last tournament before YEC,
I feel like she is so confident that she can get to YEC with that limited tournament.

I am afraid if she found that she doesn't have enough points for YEC after Beijing, she would just give up
She just said maybe
And let's see her losing to Nadia tomorrow = no chance to YEC

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM   #924
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future BH both wings has a brilliant future

Quote:
She just said maybe
And let's see her losing to Nadia tomorrow = no chance to YEC
If she by some miracle beats Petrova, Shvedova will be waiting. And the other half of that quarter might be run by Robson. No, Li can only hope for Stosur to fail in Beijing and to miss the finals in the MMs ...
BH both wings is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM   #925
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

plz Julia Goerges somehow take out Sam tomorrow
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT NA-GOAT, Doubles Champion of XWTA Wuhan P5 900
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - M.P silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. Frederik Igorche Inger67 joe87 Kəv kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs New_balls_please Sabinator valac222
SAISAI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM   #926
country flag SanyaK

SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice SanyaK is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
If it wasn`t done for Kim in 2009, organisers would never do it this season. Forget about this idea.
SanyaK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM   #927
country flag Big_Banana

Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute Big_Banana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH both wings View Post
If she by some miracle beats Petrova, Shvedova will be waiting. And the other half of that quarter might be run by Robson. No, Li can only hope for Stosur to fail in Beijing and to miss the finals in the MMs ...
Shuai.

And Robson, well, who cares? The fact she lost to her in NYC doesn't mean anything, every match has to be played.

To be honest, I don't see Na winning tomorrow though. And for the rest, I agree with you, Na depends on Sam's results.
No way she's going to ask any WC, for Osaka or Moscow. She probably counts on CO, and if she fails, well she fails.

Quote:
Bananas don't really give a shit about what you think
Big_Banana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 08:13 AM   #928
country flag longtin23

Which round does Na need to reach for a guranteed YEC spot?? What is Stosur's 16th??

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 08:50 AM   #929
country flag twinbridge

twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all

LI Na qualifies if: SF in Beijing if Stosur QF or worse in Beijing; or
Final in Beijing if Stosur SF or worse in Beijing; or
Win in Beijing will confirm a 8th or better position before YEC.

Other results will reply on the outcome of Woz, Bartoli & Stosur, such as LI Na QF, Stosur Lost in 1st round, and Woz and Bartoli can't win Beijing.

Stour 16/15/14th = 120/120/125

Quote:
Which round does Na need to reach for a guranteed YEC spot?? What is Stosur's 16th??
twinbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 08:54 AM   #930
country flag andyjason

Bartoli and Stosur will possibly meet each other in R16,
One of them will find it harder to catch up the points