Can't wait for Big Three (Serena, Venus and Kim) to snatch some wigs in 2012. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM   #1
country flag tennisbear7

tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait for Big Three (Serena, Venus and Kim) to snatch some wigs in 2012.

Generation Suck hype is getting ridiculous.

Especially Petra and Vika, who although very good players in their own right, are nowhere the blend of offensive and defensive capabilities that marked the Big Four. And some people arguing that Petra's peak is better than Serena.
tennisbear7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM   #2
country flag Philbo

Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can't wait for Big Three (Serena, Venus and Kim) to snatch some wigs in 2012.

Venus will be a relative non entity next year. Also looking forward to KIm and Serena bouncing back. Kvitova at her top form will trouble both of them though.
Of even more significance, there's this little gap in Graf's resume the size of the hole in the ozone layer: It's called Monica Seles. Was Graf the best female player of all time? She wasn't even the best in the heart of her career.
- Frank Deford, Sports Illustrated 27/8/01
Philbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM   #3
country flag tennisbear7

tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbear7 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can't wait for Big Three (Serena, Venus and Kim) to snatch some wigs in 2012.

Every few years there is a player who takes tennis to a new level. Someone who is utterly brilliant at what they do. If we look at the late 1980s/early 1990s, we had Nav/Evert, to Graf, to Seles, to Hingis, to the Williams Sisters, to Henin - and then chuck in lesser but still amazing players like ASV, Davenport, Clijsters, Mauresmo. All these players have added something to the game - they've either made it more physical, emphasised the importance of something that previous players could have improved on (e.g. Serena's serve), or a combination, resulting in truly amazing tennis.

None of Generation Suck look even remotely of doing to tennis what these players did. The prospect of improving on GOAT-Rena is scary I know, but tennis has been played out like that. When Sampras left, Federer emerged. There are similar examples. Now we're left with the current crop who aren't really elevating, or taking tennis to new heights.
tennisbear7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:33 PM   #4
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo View Post
Also looking forward to KIm and Serena bouncing back. Kvitova at her top form will trouble both of them though.
except on hardcourt-outdoor surface...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:36 PM   #5
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

I think Vee will get snatched by others instead, like by Pironkova again?
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:37 PM   #6
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait either. Hopefully next year there will be a full and fit field. But I just have a feeling that 2012 will mark a change in eras.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 02:40 PM   #7
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I'm getting slightly tired of the part-timers.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:08 PM   #8
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that you think Venus can "snatch" anyone's wig Don't hold your breath.
MB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:13 PM   #9
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
This. They became irrelevant, there is no such thing as the big three anymore. I expect them all to fail in 2012 and retire soon.
Just Do It is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:13 PM   #10
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Fiona is irrelevant right now and it will remain like this in 2012, leading her to her definitive retirement. Petra already trashed her in Paris, and even Azarenka trashed her

If Venus could remain symptoms-free from her syndrome she could win some titles here and there

Serena losing to Stosur in a slam final NOT a good sign for 2012, but I think she'll continue to dominate her pidgeons

I also agree with the posters who says are sick of this big three( I dont even consider Kimberly "big") it's time for the new generation to step up in 2012

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:20 PM   #11
country flag Vee Williams

Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future Vee Williams has a brilliant future

Quote:
If we consider all of vika's retirements, she almost comes off as a part-timer herself.
Vee Williams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:20 PM   #12
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, it will be a nice farewell year with seeing all the grannies putting desperate wannabes in their place before the DOOM arrives!
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:59 PM   #13
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was getting tired of them making the sport look a joke by just waltzing into a Slam and winning with little preparation, but now that we've maybe got some Generation Suck-ers to challenge them, hopefully that'll make them raise their games/effort levels. Basically, personally I don't actually want to see them retire yet, but I want to see them actually have to sweat to win major events if they're going to win them.

And LOL at people saying Serena and Kim don't have chances. Serena easily made the Final at the last Slam she played, and Kim is 23-1 at hardcourt Slams since her comeback; of course they're major contenders at the AO. However, it's pretty safe to completely write off Venus at this point.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 04:03 PM   #14
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee Williams View Post
If we consider all of vika's retirements, she almost comes off as a part-timer herself.

Last edited by Break My Rapture : Nov 2nd, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 04:06 PM   #15
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it because they easily swat away your fave when they do choose to play?

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote