Wozniacki blames off-court commitments, admits money still her priority - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #1
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Wozniacki blames off-court commitments, admits money still her priority

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20121015/176644545.html

Wozniacki Suggests Promo Work a Cause for Decline

Caroline Wozniacki's decline from world No. 1 to outside the top ten was in part caused by a gruelling schedule of promotional work, the Dane suggested Monday.

Wozniacki finished 2010 and last year as No. 1, earning her a bevy of lucrative sponsorship deals, but she is now No. 11 after without winning only the Korea Open this season and exiting Wimbledon and the U.S. Open in the first round.

"Sometimes people don't realise how much attention, how much media, how much off-court stuff there is when you're at the top of the women's game and sometimes it's just tough to get everything together and your body just says 'I can't any more.'" Wozniacki said when asked about her decline.

Constant promotional appearances mean much less practice time at major tournaments, which can damage a player's game, Wozniacki said.

"Other players maybe have the opportunity to practice four hours a day, whereas you maybe have one and a half, but you need to make the most of those one and a half hours," she said.

"At some point you're going to be a little bit tired and it's going to affect your work."

Despite the compromises involved in doing a lot of promotional work, Wozniacki said she had no intention of giving up any of her contracts, saying that she felt the need to make the most of a brief career in the spotlight.

"Very few of the players actually have a lot of sponsors off the court and I would like to take advantage of that because the career of a tennis player is short," she said.

Wozniacki has a bye for the first round of the Kremlin Cup in Moscow and will face either former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone or Poland's Urszula Radwanska in the second round.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #2
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wozniacki blames off-court commitments, admits money still her priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Wozniacki
Preparation and Competition come first.
Yeah, guess not.
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #3
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

She deserves to be slamless

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #4
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

So she wants to capitalize money she gets from her sponsors etc. while she's relevant, whereas other players try their best to achieve as much as possible in the sport as long as they can (or both, in case of Sharapova). I like her but this really shows that off-court activities are more important for her these days than achievements on court. Not a great example for younger players imo.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #5
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Hmmm. She needs to take a long hard look at Maria, to figure out how to make the most of her abilities on court AND have a lucrative career in off-court promotional work.

I think her sponsors will progressively lose interest if ahe doesn't pick up her on-court performance.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #6
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Did you read it before posting, because your title is wrong.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #7
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Very negative attitude from Caro, don't like her as much as i used to, as with Ana other activities seem to have priority over from tennis now. But why not go into the advertising/modelling market full time then like Kournikova did?
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #8
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Very negative attitude from Caro, don't like her as much as i used to, as with Ana other activities seem to have priority over from tennis now. But why not go into the advertising/modelling market full time then like Kournikova did?
Because in all reality, she is not that pretty.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #9
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
Because in all reality, she is not that pretty.
I realize that, but i'd like her to find that out for herself the hard way.
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #10
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

say from Wozniacki
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #11
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

say by someone going every golf tournaments in the world with/for her BF

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Yangs Zhu Tian XuSL Liu

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Wawrinka Pospisil Tang
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #12
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing new - it was always obvious her dad just care about making as much money as possible
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #13
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute

This, IMO, is the REAL legacy of Anna Kournikova towards women's tennis.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #14
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post
Did you read it before posting, because your title is wrong.
Not really.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #15
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Caro has to fully rededicate herself to on-court rather than off-court if she's going to replicate her former results. It's up to her, but if I was her I would drop some of these contracts. She's already made enough money to last the average (ie. not rich person) 3 lifetimes and she's only what? 21?

I really don't see why she'd be desperate to make money at this point, so I doubt that's totally what she's meaning in the article.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote