Aussie Open '12 | Pova, Pova, Pova, OI OI OI! - Page 212 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 12:46 AM   #3166
country flag s teddy

s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold s teddy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aussie Open '12 | Pova, Pova, Pova, OI OI OI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
*endless essay which very few will read*
You're back. We finally have someone half-decent to defend Maria in GM even if you do hate on all of the other players I like.

I blame ban-happy administrators for the failure of your prediction/premonition.
s teddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 01:00 AM   #3167
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s teddy View Post
You're back. We finally have someone half-decent to defend Maria in GM even if you do hate on all of the other players I like.

I blame ban-happy administrators for the failure of your prediction/premonition.
This.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 01:14 AM   #3168
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s teddy View Post

In all honesty, a tiny part of me was a bit relieved that she didn't go all the way- I would've been so pissed off if I'd've missed out on the chance to gloat all day in GM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 08:09 AM   #3169
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Goddamn close.

In all seriousness, I was pretty sure she wasn't even going to get past Kvitova this time last week... I really didn't think she was mentally ready to get such a quality win at a Slam yet. And what seems to have been forgotten by tennis commentators is that Maria's game was at VINTAGE level in the first set of that match, she managed to do the near-impossible of hitting more winners than her and matching her pace off the ground (for all the talk of Kvitova "choking" in the third set, it was actually Maria dropping off fractionally at the start of the second that let Petra into the match in the first place). And then of course, her mental toughness was at vintage level in the deciding set. I won't deny that after she had beaten Petra, I really thought she was going to win the final ... so obviously getting thrashed in it is very disappointing. The thing is, I actually don't feel like Azarenka needs to be a tough match-up for her - Maria just had the COMPLETELY wrong strategy against her on Saturday. She was carrying on with the strategy she was employing in the 3rd set against Kvitova, of just rallying at half-pace and onto the middle of the baseline and not being too ambitious with her shots - which was smart agaist Kvitova because of how error-prone she can get, but is suicide against Azarenka, because Azarenka is better at that game, a better athlete, and punishes short balls more consistently.

I think Maria would've actually had a decent chance if she'd used the strategy she had in the first set against Kvitova, of really going for her shots and being super-aggressive on the return and hitting right into the corners and following her shots into the net to finish off swing volleys at all opportunities - she needed to take advantage of the fact she has a bigger first strike than Azarenka and the fact that Azarenka, while a good defender because of great anticipation, really doesn't have that great raw footspeed and wouldn't have been able to chase down all of Maria's shots if she was shoving them right into the extremities of the court ... in fact, on the rare occasions, Maria DID start off points with super-aggressive intent, she often did end up outmanouevring Azarenka and winning the point (despite how one-sided the scoreline was, Maria actually ended the match with an equal number of winners as Aza )....but, for the most part, Maria didn't use her big advantage (her bigger first strike) and let Azarenka play the match on her terms. I hope Hogstedt (who generally has improved her tactics and strategy infinitely) was taking notes and will make her watch the video and point out what she NEEDED to do differently.

For some reason though, I actually am quite optimistic. I just have a feeling that this tournament is a combination of her being pleased with making the Final after flopping at hardcourt Slams and after having such bad preparation, yet at the same time that she's pissed off at herself for how the tournament finished... hopefully those two factors, of the encouragement of exceeding everyone's expectations AND the anger at the final result, will combine to light a fire under her ass and make her work even harder than EVER on the practice court She obviously needs to step up her game though - her mental toughness is right back to where it was at her peak, after being in the doldrums for so long afterthe surgery (I've never seen her look more of a nervous wreck than in the summer hardcourt season of 2010, even though her game itself was actually in fairly good shape then), but she crucially needs to start actually beating top players by OUTPLAYING them rather than just out-fighting them like she's done so many times over the past year, so that she has confidence in her actual game in the later rounds at Slams (rather than confidence in her ability not to choke and to fight to the last, which she clearly has in spades). I want her to win atleast two of Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome, and get wins over Azarenka, Kim, Kvitova, Wozniacki, Li ,Serena and like I say manage to beat them by outplaying them rather than out-fighting them. IF she can do all that, I give her as good a shot as anyone else of winning RG.

</essay>
You said everything who needed to be said. Good luck in the next warm up Maria and bring the French Open at home.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM   #3170
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

I am very sad and pissed off too that she let this chance go but I want to believe she will win a slam again and very soon and then we're not even going to remember all this doubt.This year will be her best !
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM   #3171
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So Goddamn close.

</essay>
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM   #3172
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

eventhough i'm drowning myself into dissapointment because she was close to the title,

we have to take note that maria move 3 steps better in 4 of her last 5 slams. so this is actually an amazing progress.

i would not be surprised if she win french open this year.

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #3173
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Hi, everybody, I'm knew to the forum, and just wanted to say hello I know that the Open is finished, of course, but since it was such a great tournament for Maria (my favorite player), it seemed appropriate to have my first post here. Too bad she lost the final, I was rooting for her to win it with all my heart, but hopefully, she'll win some other major (preferably Roland Garros ) In my opinion, it's the only thing that she is lacking (winning a Slam after her comeback) to make a full circle in her career There, I wrote something for the start, and hopefully I'll have a lot of opportunities to discuss Maria's matches with you in the future
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #3174
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Hi, everybody, I'm knew to the forum, and just wanted to say hello I know that the Open is finished, of course, but since it was such a great tournament for Maria (my favorite player), it seemed appropriate to have my first post here. Too bad she lost the final, I was rooting for her to win it with all my heart, but hopefully, she'll win some other major (preferably Roland Garros ) In my opinion, it's the only thing that she is lacking (winning a Slam after her comeback) to make a full circle in her career There, I wrote something for the start, and hopefully I'll have a lot of opportunities to discuss Maria's matches with you in the future
Welcome!
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #3175
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi
Also, I noticed how u completely spammed the last trivia question Trih
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #3176
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey , nice to have you on board. Buckle up though cause it's gonna be a hell of a ride .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #3177
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloti View Post
Hey , nice to have you on board. Buckle up though cause it's gonna be a hell of a ride .
Glad I voted for you now
Was an edit though. I'm sure they hadn't counted mine before I edited it though.
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #3178
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Glad I voted for you now
Was an edit though. I'm sure they hadn't counted mine before I edited it though.
Thanks a lot .

Even if it doesn't count, Thank you .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #3179
country flag vozas

vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute vozas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Welcome!! This is a really great forum so I'm sure you're gonna enjoy yourself. All of us are huge yet humble supporters of Maria, and people really do know their shit when it comes to tennis round these parts so you'll be learning on a constant basis! Do buckle up 'cause there's a lot of overwrought drama round these parts hehe. I guess that's what makes it so much fun though! Hope you have a good time round here
vozas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #3180
country flag Trih

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Hi
Also, I noticed how u completely spammed the last trivia question Trih
Yes, I clicked a little too much, I didn't really mean to.. but I won that contest twice last year (I have a t-shirt and an autographed card !) so I guess it won't happen anytime soon again.