Aussie Open '12 | Pova, Pova, Pova, OI OI OI! - Page 211 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #3151
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Aussie Open '12 | Pova, Pova, Pova, OI OI OI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by profesorakittens View Post
Does anybody think she might pull out?
You want an honest answer? I think so. But maybe she will surprise me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #3152
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
She won't pull out if she's fit to play. She pulled out last year because she got sick in Moscow.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:27 AM   #3153
country flag aussiesharapova

aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think so, considering she wants to play the Olympics, she has to play Fed Cup. (I'm pretty sure of this).
But I hope she doesn't withdraw from Paris Indoors, but she'll return to World No.2 either way, considering Kvitova doesn't look like she'll defend her title this year.

Last edited by aussiesharapova : Jan 31st, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
aussiesharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:35 AM   #3154
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Maria will pull out because her heart has been shattered and she has never experienced anything like this in her entire career.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 02:05 AM   #3155
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
Maria will pull out because her heart has been shattered and she has never experienced anything like this in her entire career.
I know Maria made a slam final but I just don't think she'll win a slam anymore. and I know she made a SF and a F last year but still, but i just can't help but be a pessimist.
Especially since the top 10 is stronger than it ever was.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 02:21 AM   #3156
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
I know Maria made a slam final but I just don't think she'll win a slam anymore. and I know she made a SF and a F last year but still, but i just can't help but be a pessimist.
Especially since the top 10 is stronger than it ever was.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 03:28 PM   #3157
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Another Grand Slam final, another loss

Azarenka starting to piss me off. Can`t stand her anymore

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 03:41 PM   #3158
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I love how our Bitch always presents herself. She will win another slam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T496 View Post
I'm trying my hardest not to doubt Maria with the regards to this, but for once I'm not actually sure anymore. This was the best chance she's had to win something big in a long time, and she just blew it. No tactics employed at all...
Feel the same

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 04:19 PM   #3159
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Can we all stop being doom and gloom (nad yes, that includes me too)? In 2008 we didn't know if she'd ever play tennis again, now we have her back and she managed to go quite deep in Slams after years of bad results. It is not all that negative and we are lucky to have her in WTA still.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:40 PM   #3160
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Can we all stop being doom and gloom (nad yes, that includes me too)? In 2008 we didn't know if she'd ever play tennis again, now we have her back and she managed to go quite deep in Slams after years of bad results. It is not all that negative and we are lucky to have her in WTA still.
x2 She really can't do any better now than winning a slam, which is saying something. It wasn't that long ago that we had the whole hasn't beaten a top 40 player phase.

and literally every time she goes deep in a slam people say "this is the best chance she's had to win a slam." I can guarantee that the next and then the time after that people are still gonna be saying that.
In reality she's gonna have plenty of chances.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 07:59 PM   #3161
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
x2 She really can't do any better now than winning a slam, which is saying something. It wasn't that long ago that we had the whole hasn't beaten a top 40 player phase.

and literally every time she goes deep in a slam people say "this is the best chance she's had to win a slam." I can guarantee that the next and then the time after that people are still gonna be saying that.
In reality she's gonna have plenty of chances.
This. We can't say players a mere 2 years younger, who don't even have as good a serve as Masha's atm has their whole career in front of them - and then write Masha off. In reality she's only 24 soon to be 25 but including this season she has 4 good years left in her at least IMO. Think of it this way, that's 15 slams. Even if its by virtue of a mass injury pullout or something she will still win another slam if she stays healthy. She improves her serve all the time and she may yet play her best tennis. It took her four years since breaking through to really hit her stride so we just gotta try and be patient. Plus, her serve improves all the time. After Paris she has what? 3 weeks off? Look at the work they did to her serve in the 3 weeks before clay season last year, I expect another improvement this time round. She has plenty of time left...
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:44 PM   #3162
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Just re-watched the match... bish looked winded two games into the match... quite dejected just three games later... definitely tired... possibly mentally drained as well... just couldn't put up a fight... sluggish movement... too many errors... got outplayed from the baseline and couldn't rely on her serve to bail her out... *sigh*... better luck next time, Pova!
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:52 PM   #3163
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Having in mind 2009 and 2010, Maria has made tremendous progress, it is indeed huge looking back from where she started and how much she struggled. I am so happy and proud of her seeing her on court playing is a blessing enough. But lets do not *sugercode* it, her game is nowhere near where it was in her prime nor is her mental strength; she is having good result due to favourable draws and her immense fighting spirit. She is making GS finals, however, entering them the outcome is never in doubt, she cannot challenge the in-form players, just like Zvonareva in 2010 and her two finals. Personally, I do not have any shred of hope that she will win a Slam agan but who knows if she continues go deeps in Slams and give herself chances to play SFs & Fs, eventually her game might click or she might Radwanska in a GS final and win one.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 09:38 PM   #3164
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Another Grand Slam final, another loss

Azarenka starting to piss me off. Can`t stand her anymore
Same here. Azarenka is the most irritating player in the whole WTA.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 12:14 AM   #3165
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I had a dream last night that she won the Australian Open, beating Kvitova in an epic semifinal before beating Azarenka in the final

Please let it be so
So Goddamn close.

In all seriousness, I was pretty sure she wasn't even going to get past Kvitova this time last week... I really didn't think she was mentally ready to get such a quality win at a Slam yet. And what seems to have been forgotten by tennis commentators is that Maria's game was at VINTAGE level in the first set of that match, she managed to do the near-impossible of hitting more winners than her and matching her pace off the ground (for all the talk of Kvitova "choking" in the third set, it was actually Maria dropping off fractionally at the start of the second that let Petra into the match in the first place). And then of course, her mental toughness was at vintage level in the deciding set. I won't deny that after she had beaten Petra, I really thought she was going to win the final ... so obviously getting thrashed in it is very disappointing. The thing is, I actually don't feel like Azarenka needs to be a tough match-up for her - Maria just had the COMPLETELY wrong strategy against her on Saturday. She was carrying on with the strategy she was employing in the 3rd set against Kvitova, of just rallying at half-pace and onto the middle of the baseline and not being too ambitious with her shots - which was smart agaist Kvitova because of how error-prone she can get, but is suicide against Azarenka, because Azarenka is better at that game, a better athlete, and punishes short balls more consistently.

I think Maria would've actually had a decent chance if she'd used the strategy she had in the first set against Kvitova, of really going for her shots and being super-aggressive on the return and hitting right into the corners and following her shots into the net to finish off swing volleys at all opportunities - she needed to take advantage of the fact she has a bigger first strike than Azarenka and the fact that Azarenka, while a good defender because of great anticipation, really doesn't have that great raw footspeed and wouldn't have been able to chase down all of Maria's shots if she was shoving them right into the extremities of the court ... in fact, on the rare occasions, Maria DID start off points with super-aggressive intent, she often did end up outmanouevring Azarenka and winning the point (despite how one-sided the scoreline was, Maria actually ended the match with an equal number of winners as Aza )....but, for the most part, Maria didn't use her big advantage (her bigger first strike) and let Azarenka play the match on her terms. I hope Hogstedt (who generally has improved her tactics and strategy infinitely) was taking notes and will make her watch the video and point out what she NEEDED to do differently.

For some reason though, I actually am quite optimistic. I just have a feeling that this tournament is a combination of her being pleased with making the Final after flopping at hardcourt Slams and after having such bad preparation, yet at the same time that she's pissed off at herself for how the tournament finished... hopefully those two factors, of the encouragement of exceeding everyone's expectations AND the anger at the final result, will combine to light a fire under her ass and make her work even harder than EVER on the practice court She obviously needs to step up her game though - her mental toughness is right back to where it was at her peak, after being in the doldrums for so long afterthe surgery (I've never seen her look more of a nervous wreck than in the summer hardcourt season of 2010, even though her game itself was actually in fairly good shape then), but she crucially needs to start actually beating top players by OUTPLAYING them rather than just out-fighting them like she's done so many times over the past year, so that she has confidence in her actual game in the later rounds at Slams (rather than confidence in her ability not to choke and to fight to the last, which she clearly has in spades). I want her to win atleast two of Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid and Rome, and get wins over Azarenka, Kim, Kvitova, Wozniacki, Li ,Serena and like I say manage to beat them by outplaying them rather than out-fighting them. IF she can do all that, I give her as good a shot as anyone else of winning RG.

</essay>
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote