Aussie Open '12 | Pova, Pova, Pova, OI OI OI! - Page 210 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #3136
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie Open '12 | Pova, Pova, Pova, OI OI OI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
No, I understand that. Believe me, she far exceeded my expectations at this AO and I'm so proud of what she did this tournament. Those matches against Lisicki and Kvitova reminded me why I love her so much. The next step though, is to win a slam, and to do that, I do think she'll need a little luck. I mean, her tennis looks great against scrubs, but when she meets a higher-ranked player, her game turns into crap and I think a lot of that has to do with her opponents (pressuring her serve, having more firepower, etc.). Anyways, we'll see. I did see A LOT of improvements in her game though, namely in her serve and her movement. So that's a positive.
I have to say I was kinda schoked to see that she won 16 points out of 30 on her first serve over Vika while she was serving around 100 mph on average (and her first serve % was pretty high - 65% of first serves IN) but she was kinda off even when she had the chance to have the first strike she wasn't doing much. On ROS she was really not herself she was barely winning points on vika's second serve usually she breaks her at will. IMO we can't judge a lot by one match it's too bad she played like this in the final but among the 7 ones there were certainly a lot of positive things that's for sure and like you said movement and serve being the firsts ones.
Can't wait to see if her tennis improved in Fed cuP and then in Paris in live, she better show up.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #3137
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right, she's playing Paris too Down for title number 25

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #3138
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I have to say I was kinda schoked to see that she won 16 points out of 30 on her first serve over Vika while she was serving around 100 mph on average but she was kinda off even when she had the chance to have the first strike she wasn't doing much. On ROS she was really not herself she was barely winning points on vika's second serve usually she breaks her at will. IMO we can't judge a lot by one match it's too bad she played like this in the final but among the 7 ones there were certainly a lot of positive things that's for sure and like you said movement and serve being the firsts ones.
Can't wait to see if her tennis improved in Fed cuP and then in Paris in live, if she is not losing in the first round of course
Maria might have run out of gas for the final; she was a step slow and not aggressvie in her returns. Kvitova's match Probably took more out her than people realized.

Very happy Maria reached a slam final in her first 2012 tournament.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #3139
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
They are, I do not have problems accepting that. Can she improve? I hope so. Will she? I don't know... Like I always say, the problem lies in her serve that becomes a bit bad under pressure and footwork. We shall see how is she going to develop, I do not expect anything from the year since I think that a lot of players have improved a lot and it is going to be quite difficult to get "easy" wins. But I do not want to get all doom and gloom. I wanna stay positive! Let's hope for the best. I just want her to stay healthy.

profesorakittens, lefty24, ewww... Hahahaha, you 2 are hilarious.
If you knew what my mom said about them... well lets just say I'm scarred for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry. View Post
Thanks. I'm OK. Just when I think about it, it still hurts a little.
I didn't even have time to be sad about her Wimbledon loss even though I was only a half hour away by tube from her. I was so busy with my study abroad program and when she was playing the final I was watching a theatre performance at West End.
And US Open, what should I say? I was right at Arthur Ashe Stadium witnessing her only 3-setter loss last year.
Anyways I know even though she got thrashed by Vika in the final this is still a very positive start of the year. After all, nobody expected her to go this far.
Glad I'm not the only one who was there. most depressing thing ever.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #3140
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Maria might have run out of gas for the final; she was a step slow and not aggressvie in her returns. Kvitova's match Probably took more out her than people realized.

Very happy Maria reached a slam final in her first 2012 tournament.
Yep and the one vs Lisicki too, they were both killing the ball.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #3141
country flag Steve-o

Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute Steve-o has a reputation beyond repute

Be patient guys. Maria isn't back to her best yet and the improvement from this time last year has been huge.
Steve-o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #3142
Cherry.

Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of Cherry. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who was there. most depressing thing ever.
Totally.
On top of everything that was my last day at the Open. I was there for 3 days and the first 2 days went perfectly for me. But then the last day, BAM! What an unforgettable memory.
And my friend in Sydney actually went to watch the AO final. She wasn't intend to but we were so ecstatic after Masha's SF win so she decided to go to Melbourne just to see Masha play the final. I bet that was even more unforgettable.
London Olympics 2012 - Proud Flag Bearer of Russian Federation & Silver Medalist

Martina Hingis|Roger Federer|Stanislas Wawrinka|Grigor Dimitrov

Last edited by Cherry. : Jan 29th, 2012 at 07:50 PM.
Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #3143
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Totally.
On top of everything that was my last day at the Open. I was there for 3 days and the first 2 days went perfectly for me. But then the last day, BAM! What an unforgettable memory.
And my friend in Sydney actually went to watch the AO final. She wasn't intend to but we were so ecstatic after Masha's SF win so she decided to go just to see Masha play the final. I bet that was even more unforgettable.
That sucks. I only live 2 hours away from the US Open so if Maria ever makes the final I'm deffinetly going.
Yeah that day started of so well for me, Vera(who's my second fave) won, and then I got to meet Ana Ivonovic and she was such a sweetheart. Then it just went downhill from there. There was the most obnoxious Masha hater, I almost threw up on her. Although when Masha won the second set it was one the best moments of my life. I was by far the loudest person there.
Plus I got the worst sunburn ever and it was right before school started.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #3144
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster View Post
Oh right, she's playing Paris too Down for title number 25
I forgot about that... too bad I probably won't get to watch it.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #3145
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
Am I the only one who thought this final wasn't THAT good? It seems like a 5 setter ATP final = historically epic match, everytime. ATP is so blindly complemented.
You are not the only one, my friend, not the only one. Hahaha, I agree not every 5-setter is an epic match + this match had a lot of errors and chokes at moments + people playing for 6 hours with the same speed and power makes one rise his eyebrows a bit + I think that Wimby 08 and Rafa Fer in AO 10 were better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
That sucks. I only live 2 hours away from the US Open so if Maria ever makes the final I'm deffinetly going.
Yeah that day started of so well for me, Vera(who's my second fave) won, and then I got to meet Ana Ivonovic and she was such a sweetheart. Then it just went downhill from there. There was the most obnoxious Masha hater, I almost threw up on her. Although when Masha won the second set it was one the best moments of my life. I was by far the loudest person there.
Plus I got the worst sunburn ever and it was right before school started.
Awwwwwwww... Write me a DM, I wanna know more about the Ana meeting and the Maria hater ...Aaaand well about what your mum thinks about Sasha?

Last edited by MM_1257 : Jan 29th, 2012 at 09:30 PM.
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #3146
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desuetude View Post
Am I the only one who thought this final wasn't THAT good? It seems like a 5 setter ATP final = historically epic match, everytime. ATP is so blindly complemented.
it was a very physical match and both played their hearts out not the BEST match, but a 6 hour match (the longest slam final in history) is definitely historically epic!

congrats Nole for winning I guess the green and white wasn't meant to be this year
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #3147
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And US Open, what should I say? I was right at Arthur Ashe Stadium witnessing her only 3-setter loss last year.
Omg I can't imagine how hard it was.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #3148
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, where do we all go to talk now. The Fed Cup thread or where?
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #3149
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Guys, where do we all go to talk now. The Fed Cup thread or where?
FedCup thread and Paris Indoor after.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #3150
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsrule1988 View Post
I forgot about that... too bad I probably won't get to watch it.
Does anybody think she might pull out?

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote