Aussie Open '12 | Pova, Pova, Pova, OI OI OI! - Page 203 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #3031
country flag Sharapovian
RG '14

Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute Sharapovian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie Open '12 | Pova, Pova, Pova, OI OI OI!

I don't want to go on too much about the things that have already been said here, but today Vika was just too good - something about her game just brings the worst out in Maria. Perhaps if she played a little better she could have made this closer, but truth is - she wasn't really allowed to do that.

Considering Maria had no matchplay, I had no expectations coming into this tournament. Was just going to take it match by match - and so she reached the final which I never expected. Yes she couldn't take home the big one, which is disappointing but all things considered she still had good tournament. Beating Kvitova should have gave her a lot of confidence, but I'm not sure what she'll be feeling after losing in the final. Of course she'll be disappointed but it's Maria and no doubt she'll be determined to the best she can this year.

Here's hoping Maria has a good year and hopefully, injury free year.

to everyone.
Sharapovian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #3032
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Hi, Masha fans!
I couldn't watch the 1st week due the work I had with my college and I could not come here. In the 2nd week of AO I had more time for internet, but decided not to visit SS in order not to jinx anything. I guess it did not help much. I watched only tiny buts of AO, and watched today's final. I cannot describe what am I feeling. I am proud of Maria for managing to take advantage of the draw and for managing to reach the finals, but yet again I am devastated. Victoria played way better and deserved to win, but I cannot help the question - when and if ever is Maria going to win another Slam. I feel sorry for her. I won't write how she should have played etc. etc. I think she knows how bad she played too. It just didn't happen, due to Vika's play and due to Maria's own head and abbilities... The ceremony was painful but her speech made me even more proud of her and love her even more. She is a champ, no matter what. And she was pretty realistic, that is what counts... A big hug to you all and a big hug for Masha. Still I am not feeling so sad as I did after Wimby. Am I getting used to it? ON TO FED CUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! (and a meltdown in Moscow )
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #3033
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soshified View Post
imagine if Vika wasn't nervous in the first games. Would've been 60 60 or 61 60

i guess it's time for me to accept that Maria will never get to the level she had in 2005/2006 this is so depressing
Alot of Sharapova fans have to accept that fact. Especially with Maria's serve being so unreliable. Her serve while never great was good until the shoulder problems and her serve really complimented the rest of her game and helped her win her first 2 grand slams over truly great players in upset wins for Maria. Then her shoulder problems started in late 2006 and her serve hasn't been close the the same as before since then. Maria's serve was solid at the start of 2008 when she went on that perfect run until Indian Wells. She was on her way to becoming a great tennis player. Then she had more shoulder issues and then shoulder surgery. When Masha returned from surgery she was only 21 years old but changed forever because of the surgery. And Masha being so stubborn she never hired a serve coach like she should have thus her serve is the weak link in her game. Someone like Phil Dent could have really helped Maria's serve. Until Maria admits to herself that her serve is the weak point in her game and it's holding her back she will never really improve it. All of her travelling coaches from Maurecio Hadad to Michael Joyce to Thomas Hogstedt all had weak serves as players so how can they help maria improve her serve enough for her to win another grand slam? They can't and Sharapova's last 2 grand slam finals are proof of that.

Somewhere Caroline Wozniacki is praying to the tennis God's to have her play Maria in her next grand slam final.

Maria had a good Oz coming off a lingering ankle injury. But her terrible play in the final against Azarenka blew me away after she had clutch wins over Lisicki and Kvitova. No doubt Vika is a better all around player than Maria is but it's not that big a difference. Maria no showed in the Oz final and that caught me by surprise. I expected Vika to win but I thought it would be a close match. Well done to Azarenka. She has arrived for sure at the expense of Maria. And congratulations to Vika and her country of Belarus on their first grand slam singles title.

Can Maria ever win another major with her unreliable and double fault prone serve? Probably not unless she drastically improves her serve. if her serves stays as bad as it is the only chance she would have to win another slam would be if she was facing Lisicki, Wozniacki or Stosur in the final. Maria matches up mfairly well with them even with her double fault prone serve. To me even scarier than Maria's serve holding her back was her clueless and petrified looking performance last night against Azarenka. If that has a real negative carryover for Masha in any future slam finals she will probably never win another slam. That said Maria has come back from shoulder surgery better than anyone is tennis history has and she deserves credit for that without a doubt. Now if she could only straighten out her serve.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jan 28th, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #3034
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Funny. Her serve wasn't really an issue today, everything else was.
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #3035
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMashaFan View Post
That was just too much. How the fuck does one lose to Victoria Azarenka 6/3 60. Gutted doesnt begin to describe how I feel. I feel beyond numb.
Yeah just about. Losing in a close match is one thing but 6-3/6-0 in the final of a major???
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #3036
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaitaBaby View Post
Funny. Her serve wasn't really an issue today, everything else was.
Hilarious!!
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #3037
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I still can't stop suffering.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #3038
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

The final was hard to watch and her movement was awful.Doesn't matter.Next tournament.I just hope she doesn't get fed up and she maintains her passion
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3039
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Yeah just about. Losing in a close match is one thing but 6-3/6-0 in the final of a major???
I seriously think that Maria was not at her best physically beside Vika did a great job forcing Maria to play endless rallies, Maria would have lost to plenty of players today.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #3040
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Maria would have lost to plenty of players today.
Yes. Exactly. That's just about my point. 6-0??? Bageled? Really? In the final of a major? WTF? It didn't matter who she was playing. It's like she didn't show up. It makes no sense.
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #3041
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

I recorded the match and went to bed after the first set, hoping for a 3rd set win.

Awoke to my worst nightmare....

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #3042
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

No matter how many times she fucks up, I still love her so fucking much, it's sick

She doesn't even know I exist, but I feel such a strong love for her, I've been following her since 2004 and I was there through all the good and bad, so proud to be a Mashafan

I'll always love this divine & beautiful siren we call Maria Sharapova and nobody will ever be like her after she retires
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #3043
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I still haven't cried yet, I know I will eventually.

I've only followed her from 08, yeah AO that year. But I haven't had the easiest time as a stan.
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #3044
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Yes. Exactly. That's just about my point. 6-0??? Bageled? Really? In the final of a major? WTF? It didn't matter who she was playing. It's like she didn't show up. It makes no sense.
Definitely especially not so long after losing Wimbledon final, but we do know Maria! She wants another major so badly that she gets very tight on her occasions and the fact that she is playing the youngsters who always plays their best against her isn't helping.
The more she plays and the more her tennis disappears in majors she was hitting so hard in her firsts rounds maybe she peaked too early and ran out of gas in the latter stages anyway she will work it out cause she knows she has to, she may be N3 and even N2 in one week it doesn't change the face that she needs to improve to win a major.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #3045
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
I still haven't cried yet, I know I will eventually.

I've only followed her from 08, yeah AO that year. But I haven't had the easiest time as a stan.
I would like to cry off all my pain but I just keep shaking my head and keeping it between my hands.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote