Australian Open 2012 - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #226
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all
Re: Australian Open 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
For me, greatest match of all time. Much more athletic, dramatic, suspenseful, & riveting than the Wimbledon final in 08. Ajde Nole! So proud.

I think I might need a few days to recover from those near heart attacks I had tonight.
For me Wimbledon 2008 Finale was the best match I've ever seen because both players were on the top of what they can play at that moment and I never forget the tiebreak of set 4 with that incredible two points (maybe the 2 best points of the tournament), first from Rafa to get the matchpoint and then a world class backhand from Federer!

Today, Nole was not on court (I think because of the last match) during set 1. But the intensity, the crowd, the fighting players, what a match! Nadal is such a hero and he never gives up, what a champion. Despite Nole wins it 6 or 7 times in a row against Nadal. Awesome!

That is why we all love Tennis

To get more on topic, let's hope Sabine will show us in the future some Grand Slam finals. The one question is, how many of Sabine Fans get a heart attack during her finale, because we cheer so much with her.
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #227
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisickifan84 View Post
For me Wimbledon 2008 Finale was the best match I've ever seen because both players were on the top of what they can play at that moment and I never forget the tiebreak of set 4 with that incredible two points (maybe the 2 best points of the tournament), first from Rafa to get the matchpoint and then a world class backhand from Federer!

Today, Nole was not on court (I think because of the last match) during set 1. But the intensity, the crowd, the fighting players, what a match! Nadal is such a hero and he never gives up, what a champion. Despite Nole wins it 6 or 7 times in a row against Nadal. Awesome!

That is why we all love Tennis

To get more on topic, let's hope Sabine will show us in the future some Grand Slam finals. The one question is, how many of Sabine Fans get a heart attack during her finale, because we cheer so much with her.
Sabine has the tools to reach and win slam finals, let's be patient.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #228
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Sabine has the tools to reach and win slam finals, let's be patient.
Goodness, I might have some sort of breakdown if Sabine had to play a match like that tonight. Nole is my favourite ATP player, Sabine obviously one of my WTA faves (her and Kimmy share that honour) but I always get more uptight during the WTA matches for some reason. And tonight nearly sent me over the edge. It's a scary thought. I clearly love this sport too much.
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #229
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

I am patient

Step by step
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #230

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
Pah, Sabine could have beaten them with her FH alone....
Now THAT would be impressive!
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #231
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha well don't ask me predict tennis results! on radio on Saturday, I picked Sharapova and Nadal to win the finals But I didn't mind Vika and Nole winning.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #232
country flag Andy_Murray_88

Andy_Murray_88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
Goodness, I might have some sort of breakdown if Sabine had to play a match like that tonight. Nole is my favourite ATP player, Sabine obviously one of my WTA faves (her and Kimmy share that honour) but I always get more uptight during the WTA matches for some reason. And tonight nearly sent me over the edge. It's a scary thought. I clearly love this sport too much.
I feel the same. I think there is an unpredictability with the women's game that arguably makes it more exciting to watch than the men's which, while you get epic matches occasionally, is always going to be the 3 or 4 guys fighting for the top trophies, but with the women's it's often anyone's guess.

Sabine's matches at the Aus Open were an absolute rollercoaster, I feel alot less relaxed watching her than Andy because I want her to win so badly! I'm not sure if she was carrying an injury over from the previous tournament but the changes in momentum against the Swiss player and Kuznetsova were unreal, she definitely has an uncanny way of getting through tough matches which will stand her well in future tourns, but it would be nice to see a few more straight set matches, she definitely has the power game to do it.
Andy_Murray_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #233
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Murray_88 View Post
I feel the same. I think there is an unpredictability with the women's game that arguably makes it more exciting to watch than the men's which, while you get epic matches occasionally, is always going to be the 3 or 4 guys fighting for the top trophies, but with the women's it's often anyone's guess.

Sabine's matches at the Aus Open were an absolute rollercoaster, I feel alot less relaxed watching her than Andy because I want her to win so badly! I'm not sure if she was carrying an injury over from the previous tournament but the changes in momentum against the Swiss player and Kuznetsova were unreal, she definitely has an uncanny way of getting through tough matches which will stand her well in future tourns, but it would be nice to see a few more straight set matches, she definitely has the power game to do it.
That`s true, but I think, now that she is healthy and feels confident, those straight set wins will come again. Like e.g. the second half of last year, while she was healthy, she regularely had very impressive wins against lower ranked players. (and also some of higher rank) It was only in the matches, where she seemed scared or at least impressed by the opponent (e.g. Serena or Svonareva) that she crumbled, no? Of course, then the illness and injuries came again, just like before the AO.
But now it seems she has the guts again... so excited about her match against Kvitova!
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:12 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Murray_88 View Post
While I love men's tennis, what you said above is the reason why I love the WTA more. You just never know who is going to win these days because there is no dominant player at the moment. For example, the French coming up... no bloody clue who will win that (did anyone really predict Fran would win in 2010?) Where as the men, it's pretty much a guarantee it'll be either Rafa or Nole.

I think having 4 different Slam winners last year (3 of them being first time winners) has really opened up the women's draw at Slams even more than it has the past couple of years. This year could be the most unpredictable year for the WTA ever and I'm pretty excited about that.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 06:15 AM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
But now it seems she has the guts again... so excited about her match against Kvitova!
So am I. Petra is another one of my favourite players but I want Sabine to win that match. It would be such a huge win for her. I want a battle, ladies.