Coming out... - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #31
country flag Fighterpova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,390
Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: Coming out...

Thanks for the wonderful support and comments guys, it means a lot

Steven, I read the entire post and you should have written more, I loved it
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Jan 12th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #32
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.
 
Mikey.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16,717
Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

Came out to my friends yesterday actually. It was so nice to finally get it over and done with. They were so accepting and I've been in such a good mood afterward. I feel so elated rn!
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #33
country flag Helen Lawson
Senior Member
 
Helen Lawson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for Shirley
Posts: 18,089
Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

Ok, enough of the coming out stuff. You're out. Everyone posting here is out. Great! It will only get better and easier, and you will never regret it.

Now, on to more important things. I think everyone should post about their first gay sexual experiences, but only if you're over 18 and you keep it softcore so we don't get into trouble. I go last.
__________________
They should take the reporters from the National Enquirer, the Star, and USWeekly and make them hunt down the terrorists. They would find the terrorists. All of them.
Helen Lawson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #34
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic
 
duhcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,803
duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...



Necessary.
__________________

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #35
country flag Fighterpova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,390
Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: Coming out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Ok, enough of the coming out stuff. You're out. Everyone posting here is out. Great! It will only get better and easier, and you will never regret it.

Now, on to more important things. I think everyone should post about their first gay sexual experiences, but only if you're over 18 and you keep it softcore so we don't get into trouble. I go last.
Fine, I'll be happy to post about it when it happens
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #36
country flag longtin23
Senior Member
 
longtin23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,027
longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future
Re: Coming out...

I feel so glad to see you have done your first step and I am also very delighted to see many posters here are so nice and friendly... I have similar stories with you, I came out to my very close friends (6 girls) at the age of 15, I wasnt nervous at all, because I think they should be able to accept... They are actually all my classmates and best friends at school. They actually aren't too shocking to know, but for me, I feel thats a huge relife... One of my friend actually always wanted me to become straight and always persuade me, but I always decline, and until now, I feel very happy to be gay and doing well at school.

But something I will not do is telling my sexuality to boys and to school 'publicly'. What I mean is I will not let the whole school to know I am gay, it will be horrible in Hong Kong if that situations had happened because most of the Hong Kong students or youngsters does not like gay people, they will use a different glasses to see you, looking at you strangely and you obviously will feel not comfortable about it. Also, I will not let any boys know I am gay, because they just treat me like bros, we always play together.*One of them always hug all the noys in our class including me, I enjoy that , but so needed to pretend to hate that, I feel so worry that f my sexuality is exposed to boys, no ne will even talk to me...

Speaking about parents, I will not choose to come out to them also, never. It is because I feel that my mum hate gay people. Actually in Hong Kong, I think no parents would love their children to be gay.;.. I will try to make dating with BF secretly, and not letting them to know forever. I feel myself one day will get married and born some kids cause I am bi, so I wouldn't be too worry. (But to be honest, I think I love boys more than girls)

I know this isn't any advice, but I would love to share my thoughts to all of you and maybe continue our gay discussions, I love that. Hope you will have a good and wonderful life being gay
__________________
Serious Brain Injury Li Na Kvitova Wozniacki Pironkova

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #37
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic
 
duhcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,803
duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

TF is always here to listen. It's not an easy road, i'm not finished on that front myself, but its a step in the right direction.

And definitely feel you on the Asian parents thing. I was born in America, but my parents are Taiwanese. Not the most accepting culture.
__________________

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #38
country flag Steven.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,583
Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey. View Post
Came out to my friends yesterday actually. It was so nice to finally get it over and done with. They were so accepting and I've been in such a good mood afterward. I feel so elated rn!
glad that it worked out! They're definitely your true friends if they accept you for who you are and treat you the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Ok, enough of the coming out stuff. You're out. Everyone posting here is out. Great! It will only get better and easier, and you will never regret it.

Now, on to more important things. I think everyone should post about their first gay sexual experiences, but only if you're over 18 and you keep it softcore so we don't get into trouble. I go last.
__________________
sharapova barty dokic hingis lisicki robson venus
Steven. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #39
country flag Sp!ffy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,280
Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute Sp!ffy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

At my birthday party last night, I got really drunk. Usually I'm a really happy drunk person and I'm always dancing or socializing and cracking jokes but I felt really bothered/strange for some reason and I'm sure it had to do with a lot of new changes in my life.

Anyway, some family members thought it would be funny to get me a Maria Sharapova cake because they know how much I like her. Already drunk at this point, I told my cousins around me that she was the only girl I'd ever eat. Two of my (girl) cousins began to hound me for the rest of the night about my sexual experiences. I told them that I wouldn't tell and that my life was a "secret within a secret". I also said that I couldn't tell them because they were Catholic and judgmental even though I know I can trust them with anything. (I was just being a wreck and coy)

They kept making guesses that were so wrong and all I said was that I wouldn't say my secret explicitly but that they had to think outside the box. Finally my aunt said, "You're gay?" I said "I'm not going to say yes or no...my life's not an open book..." But then afterwards, I began to rant about double standards and how there's nothing wrong with being gay and how my uncles are assholes for making homophobic remarks in the past. I told them I didn't care anymore about what people think because I'm an adult and it's my responsibility to have that self-respect. It was basically my drunk affirmation of their guess, because one of them finally said, "I had a feeling you were sexually deviant!"

I actually feel like crap today and I wish I didn't do it (in that way, at least). I much preferred it when my life was secretive and people didn't know who I was sleeping with. I love my cousins and they're probably my best friends too but....it bothers me that my life is out there now. I've always been careful not to reveal too much to others, not just about my sexuality, but about everything. It's been my mechanism to protect...well, I'm not going to go into all that right now.

If anything, I'm just shocked that despite being drunk, I revealed that much in one night.
Sp!ffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #40
country flag Sir Stefwhit
Senior Member
 
Sir Stefwhit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 5,849
Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

It's such a release, like a million burdens lifted. Good for u in having the courage to share ur true self. I think you'll be relieved when your parents know as well. I hope they react like ur friends did.
__________________
STEFWHIT'S HALL OF FAME
Greatest Singles Player of All Time: Steffi Graf
Simply the BEST: Serena Williams [Proud MEMBER OF RENA'S ARMY]
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #41
country flag jameshazza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,735
jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

Thought my parents would kill me for drinking at 14. Didn't happen

Thought my parents would definately kill me for starting smoking at 15. Didn't happen

Thought my parents really had to kill me for finding out I was doing the biz with boys at 16 . Didn't happen

It is worse in your head, but at the same time you never stop coming out. You'll always have to tell people you're gay throughout your life. Best of luck
__________________
Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #42
country flag Rerun
procrastination
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,449
Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
At my birthday party last night, I got really drunk. Usually I'm a really happy drunk person and I'm always dancing or socializing and cracking jokes but I felt really bothered/strange for some reason and I'm sure it had to do with a lot of new changes in my life.

Anyway, some family members thought it would be funny to get me a Maria Sharapova cake because they know how much I like her. Already drunk at this point, I told my cousins around me that she was the only girl I'd ever eat. Two of my (girl) cousins began to hound me for the rest of the night about my sexual experiences. I told them that I wouldn't tell and that my life was a "secret within a secret". I also said that I couldn't tell them because they were Catholic and judgmental even though I know I can trust them with anything. (I was just being a wreck and coy)

They kept making guesses that were so wrong and all I said was that I wouldn't say my secret explicitly but that they had to think outside the box. Finally my aunt said, "You're gay?" I said "I'm not going to say yes or no...my life's not an open book..." But then afterwards, I began to rant about double standards and how there's nothing wrong with being gay and how my uncles are assholes for making homophobic remarks in the past. I told them I didn't care anymore about what people think because I'm an adult and it's my responsibility to have that self-respect. It was basically my drunk affirmation of their guess, because one of them finally said, "I had a feeling you were sexually deviant!"

I actually feel like crap today and I wish I didn't do it (in that way, at least). I much preferred it when my life was secretive and people didn't know who I was sleeping with. I love my cousins and they're probably my best friends too but....it bothers me that my life is out there now. I've always been careful not to reveal too much to others, not just about my sexuality, but about everything. It's been my mechanism to protect...well, I'm not going to go into all that right now.

If anything, I'm just shocked that despite being drunk, I revealed that much in one night.
yes, well done and be proud of that moment of pure freedom
what its written below is so true, life is a constant coming out, but there will come a moment when u will just act the way u are without explaining too much because its a different behavior in a world of differences that means normality to me
the huge step is the talk with parents, they are among the few that usually deserve explanation and the ones able to surprise u most of times
it is normal to feel weird right now, u will methabolize soon and understand that what u made was a huge right step

Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #43
country flag Rerun
procrastination
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,449
Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

btw Pova cake
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #44
country flag Fighterpova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,390
Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: Coming out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshazza View Post
Thought my parents would kill me for drinking at 14. Didn't happen

Thought my parents would definately kill me for starting smoking at 15. Didn't happen

Thought my parents really had to kill me for finding out I was doing the biz with boys at 16 . Didn't happen

It is worse in your head, but at the same time you never stop coming out. You'll always have to tell people you're gay throughout your life. Best of luck
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #45
country flag jameshazza
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11,735
jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coming out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post

UK society
__________________
Yuryevna,
Always
jameshazza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios