Sydney 2012 - WITHDREW (abdominal strain) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #16
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future
Re: Sydney 2012

Omg let it go that was from ages ago when I was a little too obsessive with Sabine, seriously....

Anyway she's withdrawn from Sydney due to an abdominal strain. Good thing I didn't pre-book.

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!

Last edited by Mike81 : Jan 8th, 2012 at 04:18 AM.
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #17
country flag hankmoody

hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all hankmoody is a name known to all

F*ck, She officialy pulled out of Sydney! I got a very bad feeling about the ao!
hankmoody is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 07:24 AM   #18
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Guys, go easy on Mike - I think he realises. No doubting he is a big Sabine fan.

Sad but not surprised about her pulling out of Sydney. All respect, but the bigger fish to try & fry is the AO & better she at least tries to get fit for that...if she can.

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #19
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andman View Post
F*ck, She officialy pulled out of Sydney! I got a very bad feeling about the ao!
I'd rather she pull out than risk more damage. This gives her the time to rest & hopefully be okay for AO.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #20
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has disabled reputation
Re: Sydney 2012 - WITHDREW (abdominal strain)

abdominal strain can take a lot of time to recover
hope it was just to take no risk for AO
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #21
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, those injuries normally take some more time to recover, so I am not really sure if we will see her in Melbourne but as I said, only "positive" thing is that she didnīt withdraw from Sydney immediately, so I hope that she just wants to make sure that she is 100% fit for Melbourne!

A shame that she 2012 starts as bad as 2011 ended
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #22
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
I'd rather she pull out than risk more damage. This gives her the time to rest & hopefully be okay for AO.
I'm sure, she will recover for Melbourne, but I'm a fan (atic) optimist anyway
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #23
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post

A shame that she 2012 starts as bad as 2011 ended
Why "a shame"
It's not her fault or her intention to get hurt
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #24
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinPower View Post
Why "a shame"
That's not what he meant. When some says "a shame" like Michael did it basically means it's sad or disappointing. Nothing to do with it being Sabine's fault at all.
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #25
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

http://www.tennismagazin.de/aktuell/...class=37&pid=1
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #26
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Poor Sabine is hurt again.
Some general thoughts :
I can`t really get is why there are so many players on the tour who are hurt and it`s just the start of the season. Probably it`s because of the start of the season, the players are no more used to that kind physical and mental activity.
Anyway, it has to be a part of the preparation for the season to prevent things like that.
If you look at the efforts and improvement of the sports medecin, it actually should be no problem to find a more or less accurate way to do so for every kind of player.
I think that there are not so many problems in this context at other professional sports.
Some different aspects -
Tennis is an individual sport and the constitution of the single player matters a lot.
The men are less affected than the women, although they have an even longer season and play best of five at GS.
It strains the body pretty much, mainly caused by the changing frequency of the matches. When you go out in the first round you have a kind of break, and when you reach the final of the next tournament the physical challenge is enormous, compared to the week before.
But if you compare it to soccer for instance, it seems to be much more "healthy".
The muscle and joints of the body are much more equally involved in the motions.
So I don`t really know what to think about it. Meanings ?
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #27
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Hm, it would be a big surprise, if she can win more than 2 or 3 matches at Melbourne with that kind of preparation.

She'll not play Fed Cup when the other girls are alright. Sad for me, because I'll be in Stuttgart especially to see Sabine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Poor Sabine is hurt again.
Some general thoughts :
I can`t really get is why there are so many players on the tour who are hurt and it`s just the start of the season. Probably it`s because of the start of the season, the players are no more used to that kind physical and mental activity.
Anyway, it has to be a part of the preparation for the season to prevent things like that.
If you look at the efforts and improvement of the sports medecin, it actually should be no problem to find a more or less accurate way to do so for every kind of player.
I think that there are not so many problems in this context at other professional sports.
Some different aspects -
Tennis is an individual sport and the constitution of the single player matters a lot.
The men are less affected than the women, although they have an even longer season and play best of five at GS.
It strains the body pretty much, mainly caused by the changing frequency of the matches. When you go out in the first round you have a kind of break, and when you reach the final of the next tournament the physical challenge is enormous, compared to the week before.
But if you compare it to soccer for instance, it seems to be much more "healthy".
The muscle and joints of the body are much more equally involved in the motions.
So I don`t really know what to think about it. Meanings ?
Hm perhaps only bad luck? At the end of the season it would no surprise, but now? Bad preparation? I don't think so, because for me Sabine looks fit.
I don't know.
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #28
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinPower View Post
Why "a shame"
yeah, as he said, I didnīt want to say that it is her fault or anything just that it is a shame

I mean, Sabine just has too many problems with injuries, diseases etc. and she canīt handle those well!
Players like Serena,Venus or Kim can handle those breaks better as they are mentally stronger as well, they often donīt play for months and then come back and immediately are able to play on a decent level at least.

But Sabine is much more sensitive here, she just needs some time until she finds her rhythm again, especially on serve but also her shot selection isnīt that great often when she hasnīt played much or when she isnīt really confident.
The fact that she still was able to beat players like Hantuchova or Razzano is positive but still, as some other said, I am worried about Melbourne!

We can only hope for a really good draw and that she can improve her game after winning a few matches there and gets some confidence back.
But not sure about that, another early defeat, retirement or withdrawal would make it all even worse obviously.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #29
country flag maturedgirl

I'm frustrated

but optimistic enough to get over your negative expectations

Does anybody know a good physio who likes to travel around t.w.?
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #30
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future Mike81 has a brilliant future

It's certainly a shame for Sabine and I'm upset too because I wanted to watch her. I do wonder if she's really got the right team behind her with all these injuries and retirements. I mean she injured herself in the warmup the other day, would have to question the wisdom of coming to Australia early or her training regime. Maybe she is just fragile and injury prone, there's always people like that in every sport whether team or individual. It's sad that I like Sabine so much and she seems to be one of these people who don't reach their full potential due to injuries.

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote