Julia Down under 2012 - Sydney - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #16
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Julia Down under 2012 - Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by _inocencia_ View Post
well round 1 is possible, but round 2 : vika. the way julia was playing lately, it is science fiction 4 her to beat vika
but i think she has a chance vs j.j.
Same feeling here, she`s light years away to beat Vika right now.

No news about her illness. I guess it gets better but she`s not yet healthy.
Therefore just slim chances to beat Jelena, but hope dies last, we`ll see.

She`s scheduled for today on court 1, last match.
All the best for Julia !
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #17
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
yes, exactly I am talking about daylight saving time... thanks a lot for your explanation now that makes sense to me so it´s still +9 hours in Brisbane so tomorrows men´s final starts not before 2 pm so it´s 5 am for me... I was a little bit confused as I said because I didn´t know Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart etc. have 1 hour more than in Brisbane... it seems this city or part of Australia (Queensland) doesn´t use daylight saving time... Howard could really confirm that... so I have learned something new about Australia thank you again

and guys, sorry, it´s a little bit off topic...
Firstly, I think you guys know I'm a New Zealander, right? Auckland's the biggest city in NZ (by far) but it's not the capital. However since NZ is the little brother of Australia, we do tend to know this kind of thing.

Brisbane indeed does not use daylight savings time.

Australia is huge. Massive. So it splits into different timezones. Some of those states don't observe daylight savings time. So Australia's timezones look like this:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-australia24.php

There's quite a lot of time variation within Australia. Perth is 5 hours behind NZ. Incidentally, NZ is all one timezone.

When it comes to this draw, it's very hard. I agree that the chance of Julia passing the second round is very slim. Even the first round is very tough and I think Julia might be the underdog.

Last edited by HowardH : Jan 8th, 2012 at 09:18 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #18
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Julia wins a set against JJ. I've got a very bad feeling about this match. We'll see..
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #19
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Firstly, I think you guys know I'm a New Zealander, right? Auckland's the biggest city in NZ (by far) but it's not the capital. However since NZ is the little brother of Australia, we do tend to know this kind of thing.

Brisbane indeed does not use daylight savings time.

Australia is huge. Massive. So it splits into different timezones. Some of those states don't observe daylight savings time. So Australia's timezones look like this:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-australia24.php

There's quite a lot of time variation within Australia. Perth is 5 hours behind NZ. Incidentally, NZ is all one timezone.

When it comes to this draw, it's very hard. I agree that the chance of Julia passing the second round is very slim. Even the first round is very tough and I think Julia might be the underdog.

thanks again Howard! obviously we know you´re our friend from New Zealend but we´re European and we try to use you to get to know more about Down under and you help us very often

Last edited by Rovegun : Jan 8th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #20
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
Honestly, I'd be surprised if Julia wins a set against JJ. I've got a very bad feeling about this match. We'll see..
Hope springs eternal, go Julia.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #21
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Go Julia!
If she wins, it would be so good for her ahead of AusOpen
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #22
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Well we can officially call the pre-australian Open preparation a disaster... I don't really know what Julia had but she pretty much seemed life-less... was moving pretty well I found, nothing really particular... anyways I hope she's alright for the AO, this really isn't a good preparation at all.

In the US Open we had similar scenario and almost, surprised us with a third round, hope.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #23
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Well we can officially call the pre-australian Open preparation a disaster... I don't really know what Julia had but she pretty much seemed life-less... was moving pretty well I found, nothing really particular... anyways I hope she's alright for the AO, this really isn't a good preparation at all.

In the US Open we had similar scenario and almost, surprised us with a third round, hope.
Not much to add.
The reason for her retirement might have been a mixture of illness, disappointment and cluelessness.
Julia invested a lot in the preparation for the new season and it really did not pay off till now.
But she is of a good spirit overall and will not surrender.
So we`ll see what`s in for her at Melbourne.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #24
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the WTA she has retired because of a viral illness
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #25
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
That's what I thought. Nadal is to blame, he brang the virus last year
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #26
country flag silesia

silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold silesia is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: Julia Down under 2012 - Sydney

Hopefully this new physio hasn't destroyed anything....

I'm really scared now
silesia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #27
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
... and Jule has confirmed that today she´s sick... it´s always tough to play when you are not fully fit and I think Julia just wanted to try to overcome it but it didn´t work for her at all... now the most important thing is to be fully fit and ready fo the AO hopefully one week of rest will help her...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #28
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovegun View Post
... and Jule has confirmed that today she´s sick... it´s always tough to play when you are not fully fit and I think Julia just wanted to try to overcome it but it didn´t work for her at all... now the most important thing is to be fully fit and ready fo the AO hopefully one week of rest will help her...
That will not happen. Skipping it would be the wisest thing, I suppose. And skipping a lot of tournaments, perhaps until the clay season. And not doing that for training. Otherwise, this sisyphean situation will continue. Well, sooner or later she will have to accept that she needs some time off
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #29
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
That will not happen. Skipping it would be the wisest thing, I suppose. And skipping a lot of tournaments, perhaps until the clay season. And not doing that for training. Otherwise, this sisyphean situation will continue. Well, sooner or later she will have to accept that she needs some time off
But you don't know what kind of infect she has. It doesn't have to be that bad
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #30
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
This. Playing the AO at 80% or so doesn't make any sense - and it surely wouldn't be healthy either. She needs to fully recover before playing any more matches.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote