2013 Azarenka: How do you see the rest of her year? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #1
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute
2013 Azarenka: How do you see the rest of her year?

Her year started strong by winning the Aus Open, then she got injured at IW. Not much of a clay season and the injury on grass. Will she run the US Open Series or will she bomb out? Can she defend her final points at the Open or is she going to slip futher down the rankings?
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #2
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of
Re: 2013 Azarenka: How do you see the rest of her year?

if she is fit for us open series and us open and beyond then who is going to stop her besides serena and maybe sharapova? kvitova could but she sadly probably wint make it far enough to meet her.

she'll be fine, winning a slam automatically makes this a nice year for her and better than her rival sharapovas year.
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #3
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

If she recovers from her injury, she'll finish #2.
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #4
country flag Shinjii

Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future Shinjii has a brilliant future

If she's fit, she should do well during the US Open Series. I just hope we are not entering another injuredrenka phase where she is out of every other tournament
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #5
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

If she's healthy, she'll be more than fine.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #6
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

She is still 27-3 (i think) this year. She wins most of her matches.

But it has been injury after injury starting after (or actually during) that Serena win in Doha. The Wimbledon fall might have been unlucky, but her biggest obstacle now is injuries.

And for the US open series, im glad if she is back healthy for the US open. (Don't expect much before that im afraid).
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #7
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhousesupporter View Post
Her year started strong by winning the Aus Open, then she got injured at IW. Not much of a clay season and the injury on grass. Will she run the US Open Series or will she bomb out? Can she defend her final points at the Open or is she going to slip futher down the rankings?
Um....she made a Tier 1 claycourt final and had her best RG result to date.

As someone else said, no-one realistically has a chance against a healthy Azarenka at the US Open except Serena, Maria and maybe Petra if she finds some form. And I'd be very surprised if she didn't finish the year in the top 3.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #8
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Probably will be like her clay season. She'll be rusty the first tournament and play herself into form the the next few.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #9
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
She is still 27-3 (i think) this year. She wins most of her matches.

But it has been injury after injury starting after (or actually during) that Serena win in Doha. The Wimbledon fall might have been unlucky, but her biggest obstacle now is injuries.

And for the US open series, im glad if she is back healthy for the US open. (Don't expect much before that im afraid).
Agree. I'm not too optimistic. Too much injuries, she needs to do something about that. Maybe unlucky fall here on Wimbledon but overall it happens too often.At least she needs to cut down on the little tournaments, not that she played much of them this year but last year winning Linz then coming to YEC burned out didn't look too good for me. I don't like very thin women and the little extra weight actually looks good on Vika. However it may indicate that she's not 100% fit and if so she needs to do something about that. Don't know, maybe she just was unlucky twice this year.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #10
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute
I think it all depends on how serious her injury is and how long she is sidelined. Hasnt she only lost to Serena and Maria so far this year?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #11
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanfan View Post
I think it all depends on how serious her injury is and how long she is sidelined. Hasnt she only lost to Serena and Maria so far this year?
Makarova as well.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #12
country flag MashaAzarenka

MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future

I think she'll struggle a little bit until the US Open, but she'll be just fine.

Sydney SF - Tsvetana Pironkova (6-4, 6-3) Australian Open R1 - Luksika Kumkhum (6-2, 1-6, 6-4) Doha QF - Jelena Jankovic (6-1, 6-3) Dubai R2 - Carla Suarez Navarro (1-6, 6-4, 7-6(4)) Indian Wells R4 - Dominika Cibulkova (6-3, 6-2) Miami QF - Maria Sharapova (7-5, 6-1) Stuttgart R2 - Alisa Kleybanova (6-2, 7-6(3)) Madrid SF - Simona Halep (6-7(4), 6-3, 6-2) Rome R2 - Shuai Zhang (7-6(6), 5-7, 6-3)
MashaAzarenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #13
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

As long as the injury is not serious, she will be a top contender for the U.S. Open title. I actually think she's the second favorite on those courts and could beat Serena if she's off a little bit. If the injury is serious, then obviously that's a different story.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #14
country flag garwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Um....she made a Tier 1 claycourt final and had her best RG result to date.

As someone else said, no-one realistically has a chance against a healthy Azarenka at the US Open except Serena, Maria and maybe Petra if she finds some form. And I'd be very surprised if she didn't finish the year in the top 3.
Agree. As a fan i can only take it as a positive if "Not much of a clay season" means RG semi and Rome final. (Most other players would love that result).

But yes, her year started much better than it looks right now. Hope for a change.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #15
country flag Djo-Coeur

Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute Djo-Coeur has a reputation beyond repute

Am I wrong in thinking that since she's in love with that guy from LMFAO her tennis leaves a lot to be desired? If she gets injured may be it's because she's not in the best shape she could be.

Eugenie Bouchard complete matches Here

Last edited by Djo-Coeur : Jun 28th, 2013 at 02:37 AM.
Djo-Coeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote