WTA Ranks Update Thread - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #121
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-MUG View Post
so Andrea did not get 0 for Dubai
The key to understand ranking penalties for Top 10 players who qualified for long term injury is this:

Maximum three mandatory 0 pointers for missed tournaments (Mandatory + Committed Tournaments)

+

mandatory 0 pointer for every additional missed Mandatory Tournament (= Premier Mandatory Tournaments, Grand Slams and the Premier WTA Championships).

• Let me break down Andreaís three mandatory 0 pointers from todayís ranking:

Andrea missed two Mandatory Tournaments (Grand Slam: Australian Open & Premier Mandatory Indian Wells) and two committed Tournaments (P5 Doha & P700 Dubai). Because her ranking may only incur a maximum of three mandatory 0 pointers for missed tournaments, the second 0 pointer (= P700 Dubai) for missing a committed tournament was revoked.

• And here is the forecast for Andreaís ranking as of 4/02/12:

Andrea missed three Mandatory Tournaments (Grand Slam: Australian Open & Premier Mandatory Indian Wells and Miami). Because her ranking may only incur a maximum of three mandatory 0 pointers for missed tournaments, the first 0 pointer (= P5 Doha) for missing a committed tournament will be revoked.

In figures:
    3,800 ranking points ./. 450 ranking points (SF PM Miami 2011) + 60 ranking points (R2 P Sydney 2012) = 3,410 ranking points.
The Boiled Eggís forecast for Andrea (3,350 ranking points) is inaccurate for another time because even now he doesnít realize that he has to cancel her mandatory 0 pointer for missing her committed P5 Doha tournament and add 60 ranking points for her 16th tournament.
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #122
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks TennisObserver

so confusing but this explains Kim getting a 0 for San Diego and then the 0 dissapearing later
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts Sabinator valac222
NA-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:21 AM   #123

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

Quote:
[...] this explains Kim getting a 0 for San Diego and then the 0 disappearing later
If so, I have to assume that WTA named Kim's absence from GS Wimbledon until seasons end a long term injury (and neglected that she played P5 Toronto): In 2011 her two non-mandatory 0 pointer would be P5 Dubai & P5 Cincinnati. This is why:

For 2011, WTA showed for Kimís account 14 tournaments; she played eight tournaments [2 GS (Australian & French Open, 2 PMs (Indian Wells & Miami), one P5 (Toronto), two P (Sydney & Paris) and one I (sí-Hertogenbosch) and received six mandatory 0 ranking points (four for missing GS (Wimbledon, US Open) & PM (Madrid & Beijing) and two for missing commitment tournaments].

Question is: For which two missed committed events did Kim receive mandatory 0 ranking points?

To start with, Kim missed (at least) three P5 tournaments (as you said that Kim didnít receive a mandatory 0 pointer for Rome it must be Dubai, Cincinnati & Tokyo) and both two P700 (one was most likely Carlsbad) she committed to.

Kim didnít play for three (between 2/13/11 and 3/07/11) and seven consecutive weeks (between 4/04/11 and 5/22/11); but as these nonattendances are shorter than eight consecutive week she didnít qualify for a long term injury and consequently has to include every mandatory 0 pointer for missed commitment tournaments (= P5 Dubai).

Further, Kim didnít play for seven (between 6/20 and 8/07 she missed GS Wimbledon & P700 Carlsbad) and twelve consecutive weeks (between 8/15/11 and 11/10/11 she missed P5 Cincinnati, US Open, P5 Tokyo, PM Beijing); Although Kim qualified only for the latter for a Long Term Injury, it looks like that WTA linked them together. As a Top 10 player may only incur a maximum of three mandatory 0 pointer for missed tournaments and Kim missed five (P700 San Diego, P5 Cincinnati, GS US Open, P5 Tokyo, and PM Beijing) her only non-mandatory 0 pointer for missing a committed tournaments comes from P5 Cincinnati (Cincinnati & Tokyo are same tournament category level but Cincinnati was the earlier event she missed). BUT this is also not in line with WTA, because now WTA shows for Kim 13 tournaments (she didn't play Paris [indoors] and her mandatory 0 pointer for missing P5 Dubai 2011 is obsolet).

Independently, if you like to track a Top 10 players ranking, you have to know her commitments: WTA said two times that Maria Sharapova is scheduled to play P700 Charleston (see here & there), but she didnít enter. If P700 Charleston is one of Mashaís commitment tournament and she will not play there, she should receive a mandatory 0 pointer for missing this event.
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #124
country flag twinbridge

twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all twinbridge is a name known to all

8 Marion Bartoli 02/10/1984 FRA 5 4650

Is this wrong? She shd get 80(with R2 win) instead of 5
twinbridge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #125
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute

if this beautiful line-up would be the same at the end of the season I'd be very satisfied, even by JJ (, Eggy )

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #126

After WTA released next Mondayís Top 20 ranking projection, itís sad that after WTA changes the interpretation of her own rules after a fortnight, it's impossible to reproduce WTA's ranking:
  • According to WTAís ranking as of March 5th/March 19th, Andrea Petkovic accumulated 3,810/3,800 points (# trn: 19; next of 80; 16th: 120; 17th 70/# trn: 18; next of 450; 16th: 70; 17th 60). As Andrea didnít compete at PM Indian Wells and her tournament numbers drop from # 19 to # 18, WTA exchanged mandatory 0 pointer for not playing her commitment to P700 Dubai with PM Indian Wells, because a Top 10 Players may only incur a maximum of three mandatory 0 points for missed tournaments due to a long term injury . As Andrea also missed PM Miami I expected that WTA will exchange mandatory 0 pointer for not playing her commitment to P5 Doha with PM Miami. But as WTA projects Francesca Schiavone in front of Andrea, thatís not the way it works out.
  • After PM Indian Wells/Miami Ana Ivanovic and Julia GŲrges accumulated 2,785 points each. Because Ana won the tie (most combined total points from Grand Slams, Premier Mandatory Tournaments, Premier 5 Tournaments) she was ranked # 16 & Julia # 17. Next week WTA will turn the tables around and project Julia at # 14 (new carrier high) and Ana at # 15. Why?
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #127
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know maybe Andrea has to get the 0 for Doha because it is P5
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts Sabinator valac222
Old Mar 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #128
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
After WTA released next Mondayís Top 20 ranking projection, itís sad that after WTA changes the interpretation of her own rules after a fortnight, it's impossible to reproduce WTA's ranking:
  • According to WTAís ranking as of March 5th/March 19th, Andrea Petkovic accumulated 3,810/3,800 points (# trn: 19; next of 80; 16th: 120; 17th 70/# trn: 18; next of 450; 16th: 70; 17th 60). As Andrea didnít compete at PM Indian Wells and her tournament numbers drop from # 19 to # 18, WTA exchanged mandatory 0 pointer for not playing her commitment to P700 Dubai with PM Indian Wells, because a Top 10 Players may only incur a maximum of three mandatory 0 points for missed tournaments due to a long term injury . As Andrea also missed PM Miami I expected that WTA will exchange mandatory 0 pointer for not playing her commitment to P5 Doha with PM Miami. But as WTA projects Francesca Schiavone in front of Andrea, thatís not the way it works out.
  • After PM Indian Wells/Miami Ana Ivanovic and Julia GŲrges accumulated 2,785 points each. Because Ana won the tie (most combined total points from Grand Slams, Premier Mandatory Tournaments, Premier 5 Tournaments) she was ranked # 16 & Julia # 17. Next week WTA will turn the tables around and project Julia at # 14 (new carrier high) and Ana at # 15. Why?
You can ask Kelly Frey KFrey@wtatennis.com. she/he is very helpful
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:33 AM   #129

Quote:
I don't know maybe Andrea has to get the 0 for Doha because it is P5
As Andrea Petkovic/Ana Ivanovic are still ahead of Francesca Schiavone/Julia GŲrges in WTA's Singles Ranking as of 4/02/12, WTA didnít fulfill its own Top 20 ranking projections, no.

After WTAís ranking as of 3/19/12 and 4/02/12 showed 3,800/3,410 ranking points for Andrea Petkovic, it demonstrates that WTA calculates ranking points for players with long term injuries the way I described in post # 101 on March 4th and assumed in post # 96 on February 27th.

The Boiled Eggís forecast for Andrea Petkovic (3,350 points) is inaccurate for another cycle. It goes beyond my imagination that someone who takes the time and effort in projecting WTAís ranking for 700 players weeks after weeks is neither attracted by nor offers arguments for a consistent interpretation of WTAís ranking rule for long term injuries of Top 10 Players. Everybody who dips that deep (see post # 99 as one of many examples) should realize that these assumptions are false:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
If player is out with a long term injury (at least eight weeks) and already has three zeroes, then only mandatory tournaments (GS, PM and YEC) give additional zeroes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
its not a max of 3 mandatory 0 pointers but its a maximum of 3 non-mandatory 0 pointers
Old Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM   #130
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

TBE or anybody for sure know Aga if get a zero (0) points this weeks FCC tournament? (A dane think she get 0 p...)

But don't she have Dubai and Stuttgart as her 2 tournaments?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:01 AM   #131
country flag NA-GOAT

TBE already asked the SEWTA and they said Aga won't receive 0
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:23 AM   #132
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Because of this, some danes think Aga had FCC in her 2 700K commitments...

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...6813&zoneid=25

Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:25 AM   #133
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

But I will tell them tomorrow, don't believe all you read on the net...

Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:01 AM   #134
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Maybe some of you can explain to me why a premier 700 tournament like stuttgart can have all the top 6 players attending the tournament - actually the 9 first. According to the WTA rules only 2 of the top 6 is allowed to take part or prizemoney has to rise to above 2.4 mill. Is it a special tournament?
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #135
country flag Kerbicz

Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all

I am quite surprised to see a mandatory zero for Maria this week. I am guessing that TBE knows that Charleston is among Maria's official Commitments this season. But is it 100% sure? What's the source of this info, may I ask?
Kerbicz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote