WTA Ranks Update Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 28th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #91
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Thanks very much for adding another piece in the ring in order to help us to find an answer to WTAs interpretation of ranking point penalties after a long term injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
[…]Serena has 14 tourns on her rank
4 slams, 4 PM
Rome (0) Cinci & Toronto +
Brisbane, Eastbourne & Stanford
Unfortunately I am speechless that P5 Rome (during her long term injury) counted for a mandatory 0 pointer (more than three GS & PM are 0 pointers) instead of P5 Tokyo (withdrawal due to medical reasons). NA-MUG said earlier within this thread that P5 Tokyo is the only mandatory 0 outside GS & PM which is in line with WTAs ranking penalties rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
for Kim- This is what i've got for her 13 events (4 slams + PM)
plus Brisbane, s'-Hertogenbosch as well as Rome, Cinci & Toronto
Out of these 13 events, Kim played seven (Brisbane & Australian Open 2012 and Indian Wells, Miami, French Open, s’-Hertogenbosch & Toronto 2011). As a consequence six mandatory 0 pointers are for missing GS Wimbledon & US Open; PM Madrid & Beijing; P5s Rome & Cincinnati).

However, there are two periods a long term injury for Kim:
  1. After s’-Hertogenbosch until Carlsbad
    During this period, Kim missed GS Wimbledon and P700 Carlsbad which might be one of her two P700 commitment tournaments (NA-MUG questions also why Kim didn’t receive a mandatory 0 pointer for missing this event).
  2. After P5 Toronto until season end 2011
    As Kim missed with P5 Cincinnati, GS US Open, P5 Tokyo & PM Beijing four tournaments, but as the maximal number of mandatory 0 pointers is three, the last P5 Tokyo isn’t a 0 pointer.
But as Kim also missed her second P700 commitment tournament in 2011 she should have scored two additional 0 pointers.

--xx--

@ TBE: Please double check Alla Kudryavtseva's 660 points (if I am not mistaken, should be 631 points).
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #92
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Camila Giorgi should have 432 points

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #93
country flag Tennis Observer

Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of Tennis Observer has much to be proud of

@ The Boiled Egg: Will be interesting to see if WTAs ranking after IW will have Andrea Petković at 3,730 ranking points you anticipated.

Andrea’s absence since Australian Open 2012 should qualify for a long term injury. If a maximum of three mandatory 0 pointer may incur in her ranking, then her mandatory 0 for missing her commitment to P700 Dubai 2012 should be switched with PM Indian Wells 2012. If so additional 70 ranking points (P5 Rome 2011) will push Andrea’s total to 3,800 points.

If this scenario is in line with WTAs interpretation of their published rules (WTA 2012 Official Rulebook p 228 – see post # 96) and Andrea will also fail to play PM Miami, her mandatory 0 for missing her commitment to P5 Doha 2012 should be switched with PM Miami 2012. If so, her ranking points total after PM Miami 2012 will be 3,410 points [off 450 points (PM Miami 2011; add 60 points (P Sydney 2012)].

Yout thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
[...]If a Top 10 player may only incur a maximum of three 0 points for missed tournaments due to injury or illness for at least eight consecutive weeks during the tour year (= long term injury) and this includes missed Mandatory tournaments then Andrea Petković should only receive three mandatory 0 ranking points for missing GS Australian Open, PMs Indian Wells & Miami (I assume she will withdraw from the last two but read here that she likes to play in IW). I am looking forward to see the outcome.
Tennis Observer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #94
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Observer View Post
@ The Boiled Egg: Will be interesting to see if WTAs ranking after IW will have Andrea Petković at 3,730 ranking points you anticipated.

Andrea’s absence since Australian Open 2012 should qualify for a long term injury. If a maximum of three mandatory 0 pointer may incur in her ranking, then her mandatory 0 for missing her commitment to P700 Dubai 2012 should be switched with PM Indian Wells 2012. If so additional 70 ranking points (P5 Rome 2011) will push Andrea’s total to 3,800 points.

If this scenario is in line with WTAs interpretation of their published rules (WTA 2012 Official Rulebook p 228 – see post # 96) and Andrea will also fail to play PM Miami, her mandatory 0 for missing her commitment to P5 Doha 2012 should be switched with PM Miami 2012. If so, her ranking points total after PM Miami 2012 will be 3,410 points [off 450 points (PM Miami 2011; add 60 points (P Sydney 2012)].

Yout thoughts?
its not a max of 3 mandatory 0 pointers but its a maximum of 3 non-mandatory 0 pointers
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #95
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2465 for Kerber and 3131 for Sabine ... Sabine has to count the 1 point from Doha and can't count Auckland, Prague, Reggio
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs peanuts Sabinator valac222
NA-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #96
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-MUG View Post
3131 for Sabine ... Sabine has to count the 1 point from Doha and can't count Auckland, Prague, Reggio
She has to count only one P5 at the moment and Cincinnati is already counted.

3196 - 60 (Charleston) + 5 (Indian Wells) = 3141
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #97
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

OK but Kerber should have 2465 just like she does this week
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs peanuts Sabinator valac222
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #98

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK but Kerber should have 2465 just like she does this week
Kerber made final in 100k+H Nassau losing to Yakimova
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Mar 4th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #99
country flag Zin

Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of Zin has much to be proud of

OMG, Cornet @#142, Rezaï @#143
Zin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #100
country flag NA-GOAT

TennisObserver

we know some more news about the Top 10 2012 P5 commitment

Wozniacki and Stosur did not commit to Tokyo so they play Doha, Rome, Canada, Cincy
Li and Sharapova did not commit Doha so they play Doha, Canada, Cincy, Tokyo
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #101
country flag NA-GOAT

Na would win the tiebreaker over Marion right
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #102

it'll only matter if both lose next match
so at moment its irrelevant
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #103
country flag NA-GOAT

yes true but you have Marion listed as 7 now and Na as 8 I guess minor detail
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #104
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
TennisObserver

we know some more news about the Top 10 2012 P5 commitment

Wozniacki and Stosur did not commit to Tokyo so they play Doha, Rome, Canada, Cincy
Li and Sharapova did not commit Doha so they play Doha, Canada, Cincy, Tokyo

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #105
country flag NA-GOAT

I meant Rome