WTA Ranks Update Thread - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #526
country flag Kerbicz

Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all
Re: WTA Ranks Update Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinbridge View Post
Li Na out of Doha(P5 commitment) and Dubai (P700 commitment), which will give her 2 mandatory zero points.
Are you 100% sure that Li committed to those tournaments or these are just speculations?
Kerbicz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #527
country flag NA-GOAT

NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute NA-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Li probably committed to Dubai ... usually Dubai and Stuttgart are her two 700 commitments
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs peanuts Sabinator valac222
NA-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #528
country flag Kerbicz

Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all

This remark is addressed to TBE (or Meelis or whoever else maintaining the ranking projection table at the moment). The WTA have just published their ranking for Feb. 18th. The numbers in the Na Li's row make it unquestionable that Doha must have been her Commitment Tournament and that she received a mandatory zero for it. So, if Dubai is among Li's commitments as well (that's how I interpret the purple 0 to the right of her name in your table), the amount of her ranking points projected for Feb. 25th is 5930 and not 6130.
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #529
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbicz View Post
This remark is addressed to TBE (or Meelis or whoever else maintaining the ranking projection table at the moment). The WTA have just published their ranking for Feb. 18th. The numbers in the Na Li's row make it unquestionable that Doha must have been her Commitment Tournament and that she received a mandatory zero for it. So, if Dubai is among Li's commitments as well (that's how I interpret the purple 0 to the right of her name in your table), the amount of her ranking points projected for Feb. 25th is 5930 and not 6130.
No, it is 6130 for Feb 25th. She already has a zero in her ranking form last year Dubai.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #530
country flag eason

eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice

the new top20 of last season who have to include their best P5 result in their points after playing Doha are Kerber,Errani,Petrova,Ivanovic,Kirilenko,Vinci,Saf arova,Goerges,Kanepi and Makarova, but Goerges and Kanepi didn't play in Doha, so their points don't include the best P5 result at present, AM I RIGHT?
eason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #531
country flag Kerbicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
No, it is 6130 for Feb 25th. She already has a zero in her ranking form last year Dubai.
Right. My mistake, sorry.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #532
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason View Post
the new top20 of last season who have to include their best P5 result in their points after playing Doha are Kerber,Errani,Petrova,Ivanovic,Kirilenko,Vinci,Saf arova,Goerges,Kanepi and Makarova, but Goerges and Kanepi didn't play in Doha, so their points don't include the best P5 result at present, AM I RIGHT?
Yes but all of those players(even if it is just 1 pt) already are(were)counting at least 1 P5 because they are(were) among their best result(s). For example, Goerges has 3 P5 in her ranking and Kanepi 1 P5

You can check the players ranking breakdown here http://www.tennis4wta.com/Siralama/s1_50.html or http://www.vlmark.szm.com/
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 04:30 AM   #533
country flag eason

eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice eason is just really nice

Quote:
Yes but all of those players(even if it is just 1 pt) already are(were)counting at least 1 P5 because they are(were) among their best result(s). For example, Goerges has 3 P5 in her ranking and Kanepi 1 P5

You can check the players ranking breakdown here http://www.tennis4wta.com/Siralama/s1_50.html or http://www.vlmark.szm.com/
Thanks a lot
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #534
country flag eason

Will Azarenka get a mandatory zero point for withdrawing from Dubai?
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #535
country flag guichard

Quote:
Will Azarenka get a mandatory zero point for withdrawing from Dubai?
Yes but she had one last year too so it will not affect her ranking.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #536
country flag eason

Quote:
Yes but she had one last year too so it will not affect her ranking.
somebody says that she has attended the promotion events and the press conference of the tournament, so she can avoid the zero point, does that accord with the WTA rule?
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #537
country flag guichard

Quote:
somebody says that she has attended the promotion events and the press conference of the tournament, so she can avoid the zero point, does that accord with the WTA rule?
No...
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #538
country flag eason

will serena get a zero from withdrawing from Dubai ?
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #539
country flag guichard

Quote:
will serena get a zero from withdrawing from Dubai ?
Yes and she will lose 225 pts
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #540
country flag eason

Quote:
Yes and she will lose 225 pts
is it because Dubai is one of her 2 P700 commitments?
if she withdrew from an uncommitted tournament after the maindraw is out, will she also get a zero point?